Thread: Do opposites really attract?

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar

Do opposites really attract?

After reading several different threads about how different we are from our spouses, I wonder how opposite we really are from them. By way of example I will compare myself to my wife.

1. She rarely wears lingerie, I wear it all of the time.
    2. She can't stand to wear pantyhose, and I love them, except in really hot weather.
    3. She never uses nail polish, or spends time manicuring her nails.
    4. She would prefer to wear slacks/capris most of the time, I would wear a skirt all of the time if I could.
    5. When I buy clothes for her, they are usually more feminine than her usual choices.
    6. My panties are bright, colorful, and lace trimmed, hers were out of a package and very plain. I started to buy hers for her, she complained about cost at first, but she wears them. She told me one day that my selection was the most comfortable she has ever worn.

Well, you get the picture, so do we get hooked up with our opposite and it even shows up through our crossdressing? I am fortunate that she looks at clothes as being nothing more than something to cover our bodies, so to her she sees no big deal in most of the clothes that I choose wear. So, I guess there is an up side for me.

Who else is in a similar situation? Do we really marry our opposites, and in some cases she doesn't get it and therefore rejects what she doesn't understand?
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

I wasn't attracted to my wife for what clothes she wore. Or didn't wear... Though her wearing the same size as me was a bonus! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

It sure sounds like we're married to the same woman.

Wow. I did not know that you knew my wife so well.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I'm an experimentalist, my wife is a theoretician.

Everything flows from that difference

Living Dead Girl Schatten Lupus's Avatar
    Not as much as it's romanticized. As for the opposites, you will find many opposites in any relationship, friendship, twins, or anything else you want to compare. But according to major studies in attraction, the similarities and proximity are much more an important factor than differences.
    Gott weiß ich will kein Engel sein

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    My late wife and I were definitely not opposites!! We had known each other since childhood, and were married for almost 50 years before cancer took her!! She was very feminine, and as a crossdresser I also could be quite feminine!! But I could also be very masculine when the occasion arose!! I will say that as someone else said, I had much better taste in panties!! I have worn silk or satin panties for many years, while she preferred to usually wear cotton. We did wear matching white silk lingerie to our wedding!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Platinum Member
    I can't say that my wife and I are opposites...she's smarter and less impulsive, but I think over all we have similar temperments, the same commitment to each other and family, and similar taste in clothes too boot!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    My wife and I were extremely opposites. Sherry and I r also!

My ex and Sherry are: (were, in my ex's case), outgoing, much younger, pretty, stylish, with expensive tastes, take forever to get ready!

While I am: shy, old, homely, sloppy, cheap, and can be ready for my own wedding in 15 minutes!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    [SIZE="4"]Yes, I believe opposites attract. No, I do not advise anyone to continue in any kind of relationship with an opposite!

My next lady friend will love her lingerie and mine too, live for heels, beg to be tied up, and love to tie me up too! She'll relish roll playing, think it's great fun to go out as girl friends and drive other folks crazy. She'll laugh at all my silly old jokes and meet me at the door in something high and black and low cut, with lots of straps.

I think that pretty much puts the "opposite" thing in it's place.
    [/SIZE]

Opposites attract, but it takes enough things in common to make it work. So yes, but not too opposite.
    "I am the beginning and the end. I bring order into chaos. "
    "I never tell the truth, because I do not believe such a thing exists. Truth, is in the eye of the beholder."
    "Since my customary farewell would appear oddly self serving, I shall simply say, good luck."
    "We give no crap, and we take very little."

sexy in high heels Sarah Roberts's Avatar
    the Law of attraction states that "like attracts like" and opposites to do not attract. Now no one is a complete match but what it means is that you need to be on the same energy frequency as you are. You can still like different things and do different things but as long as your energy frequencies match then all the rest is easy. My ex wife and I never had a similar frequency and after learning about it I can really see it. Like yourself, my ex is a complete opposite to me as well when it comes to clothes, way of life, travelling, I have close friends she has none, how we bring up our children so learning about energy and finding that her frequency matches yours then its a darn great start.