Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: How many here are the first child or only children, and how many are not?

First born here with 2 younger brothers.

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    I am the oldest and the only boy
    Drumming, My other hobby

first born three younger siblings

First born. Me, sister, brother, sister.

Banned Read only
    My brother is fourteen months older. My sister is twelve years younger, so I really grew up in the formative years as the second child. After having a male first my mother wanted a girl. Surprise! I've always wondered if that desire had an effect on me. Maybe transmitting that desire to me when I was in her womb?? Some say a child may favor foods the mother ate during pregnancy. Music mom may have listened to. Maybe the idea is not as far fetched as it sounds?

Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post

My family went girl, boy, me, girl. So 2 1/2 girls and 1 1/2 boys.
    I'm with Sue.... girl, boy, me, girl...

Might add older sis is ftm, boy is manly man and lil sis is girly girl... So 2 out of 4 had it right!

2nd born. Brother, me, brother

Aspiring Member
    Third born to my mother, fifth born to my father

Second of six, one elder brother, then sister and then twin sisters

Sorry missed the second brother he comes after me

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar

And the totals are..................

[SIZE="4"]Hi gurls, thanks so much for participating.

In 3 days, with 85 replies, I calculate 56 only or first born, and 29 with older siblings.

There was a bit of a rush of older siblings towards the end, and as Karen claims maybe only and first borns may be more inclined to reply. I really don't see why that would be true. What difference does it make. Are the only children and first born so vain that they would be prone to bragging about it. Hard to imagine.

So with the results almost 2 to 1 in favor of the only children and first born, I'm inclined to feel that our time alone allowed us to explore our own sexuality a little more than the other group, and of course the internet opened up our closets.

I had a feeling that the results would be something like this. In fact, I thought it might even be weighted more heavily towards the only and first borns.
    [/SIZE]

only child and also had mostly female friends growing up.

Middle child with 2 older brothers and then younger sister and younger brother. Today only my next oldest brother and my youngest brother are alive. My sister died with brain cancer about 12 years ago. My oldest brother died on July 4th this year. My dad died when I was only ten and my mother died when I was only 16. I was never close with any of them other then my bext oldest brother that lives only 10 miles away. But have not talked to him in over 3 years since I foolishly told him I was a CD. His over the top religious beliefs would not allow someone like me in his life. And he calls himself a Christian? Glad I'm not like him. Sorry got off track.
    But I can tell you this...My mom definately favored me and came to me with family issues before she would ever talk to my older brothers. She was a remarkable, strong, brave woman. I often wondered if my being transgendered made her and I closer.

My CD SO is an only child.

B

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Marie View Post
    [SIZE=4]
    There was a bit of a rush of older siblings towards the end, and as Karen claims maybe only and first borns may be more inclined to reply. I really don't see why that would be true. What difference does it make. Are the only children and first born so vain that they would be prone to bragging about it. Hard to imagine.
    [/SIZE]
    It is the way you posed the start of the question. "How many here are the first child or only children,". After seeing how responses go on this forum, the fact that there are people who skim the subjects means that those that seem directly addressed in a question are more likely to answer. It is kind of like if you say "CDers only" in a subject would probably make others pass even reading it unless they read everything.

Then you have the issue of what is the standard. If you had an even distribution, all of the only children will be first born (duh), half of those from a two child family, a third of those from a three child family, and so on. So your results just from that will be heavily skewed to the oldest.

But so much for being a wet blanket. These kinds of "surveys" are fun because there are always some interesting and creative responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynthia Anne View Post
    Number five of nine!
    We Are Borg, Resistance Is Futile...!

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Marie View Post
    [SIZE="4"]In 3 days, with 85 replies, I calculate 56 only or first born, and 29 with older siblings..[/SIZE]
    Cool, sorry I missed the tally, still going to add mine, " Only Child " & " I was adopted ". Slightly interesting twist, hu?
    "I am Yin & Yang, North & South, Night & Day, Feminine & Masculine" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64235483@N02/

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    [SIZE="4"]So with 6 additional replies in 4 days, we are at 59 only or first born, and 30 with older siblings. This only further reinforces my previous conclusion of a 2 to 1 ratio.

I have no idea what real significance there is to such a survey, but I do find it interesting. The NPR program stated that only and first born children normally have IQ's higher than normal. With all the talented CDers that I meet on the forum and socially, this would definitely seem to be the case.
    [/SIZE]

First born ... one sister ten years later

first born here and was joined by 4 brothers a couple of years later

margo

I was the 2nd born of two boys. Three years apart.

Temporarily 600 miles north of my San Diego
    Maxine and Manny are an only child. I am a Gemini, so one of me is plenty enough. I'm like a bogo deal. ^_~
    I don't try to look like a woman that fits in. I try to look like a woman that stands out.

http://www.facebook.com/maxinesnotdead

Count me in too as an only child. My pops was a rolling stone and mom and I where close, I admit I was kinda a mommas boy. So I had plenty of free time as a child to learn and develop Valerie. However, a good friend of mine is an only child too and does not have one cross-dressing bone in his body.

Just getting my feet wet Marie-Elise's Avatar
    First born here...with a younger sister.

4th of 8 goes boy -girl-boy me all within 5 years (yes mom very busy)

feels better in a dress
    first born AND last born so I guess I am the only one.....