Thread: Exercising and CD

Exercising and CD

One of my favorite cding time is exercising. I am an avid runner and run cd almost all of the time. Except a couple of times and races I have run cd for 2.5 years now. Sometimes I get looks and rarely do I hear a comment, except one time I got Oh my God that is a dude. I try to shrug it of but it does bother me sometimes. I am trying to get the courage up to run a race cd. Anyone else enjoy exercising and dressing.

If they say "Oh god it's a dude", it means they likely said, "Whoa she's hot!" a few seconds earlier.
    "I am the beginning and the end. I bring order into chaos. "
    "I never tell the truth, because I do not believe such a thing exists. Truth, is in the eye of the beholder."
    "Since my customary farewell would appear oddly self serving, I shall simply say, good luck."
    "We give no crap, and we take very little."

Crikey you are game, I run a fair bit now just for health and now considering a new pair of shorts. I am just deciding to buy female Addidas style because they are cut nice, sick of the nappy looking runners. Then that is enough femme look at present. I don't know if I could be as game as you, although whilst running I usually withdraw into my body and listen to my breathing rhythms so I guess I may not hear anything other than a car horn.

Hi Laurel & Welcome!

I am a former marathoner but have never run en femme. Cycling is my sport now and I have done a 50 mile ride en femme. I don't really count it because it was Halloween, but what a fun experience! When you pass another cyclist, etiquette dictates that you call, "Passing on your Left/Right." I was looking pretty good (IMHO) and it was pretty funny pulling up next to another cyclist and calling "Passing. . ." in a baritone. I usually got a thumbs up or smile from the women. The guys almost dumped their bikes!

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    I ride my bike early in the morning to avoid all the traffic on the roads. I generally arrive back home just before sunrise. Now that it is cooler, I wear yoga pants and I always have a sport bra on. I wear thin sleeveless exercise shirts, and the bras show a little bit, especially when I wear my pink or bright yellow one. I really don't think anyone sees or notices what I'm wearing as they are speeding by me on their way to work, but I know it's there!
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

I too cycle, all over the US and Canada, carrying the bike on the back of a tractor trailer. Although I don't completely dress( wig and makeup while exercising is too much trouble), I do wear ladies under armour cycling shorts, or tights, bicycle jerseys that are decidedly feminine ( one is light blue with a dragon fly on the front and back) Also womens sneakers in feminine colors. frequently stop in a convienience store to get some Gatorade or something and usually get comments. In a K-mart yesterday a group of girls(14-16 yrs maybe) saw me in my outfit and started to giggle. Oh well....
    Karen Francis

I've mentioned this elsewhere: I wear black DKNY semi-sheer (mostly opaque) leggings, a black UA Woman's Active Boy Short and a black Vedette Natalie bodyshaper to yoga class every week. I throw one of a variety of black tee designs (mens only) that I own over the bodyshaper to complete the outfit. I make no other attempt to look feminine--and believe me I am not the least bit androgynous or feminine looking--but I am lean enough and have long straight legs so the external look isn't out of place if you have been around men frequented ballet/dance studios.

I've done this now for maybe a year and a half and none of the 20-25 women in the class (no men other than me) have made a comment, snicker, or even given a strange second look at what I wear. Given this somewhat unexpected lack of notice I now consider it a form of underdressing in plain sight.

[edit] Not saying they don't notice; just saying they don't react any differently.
    Last edited by Taylor186; 09-20-2011 at 01:55 PM.

You are right, immediately before that comment a guy says Oh thank you baby. I kind of chuckled thinking what he may have thought.

I too run totally enfemme. It is only time that I get to cd and actually go out in public. I totally enjoy wearing all my femme gear from shorts, running skirts, sports bras, running shirts, capris and shoes. It motivates me to exercise.

I also am an avid runner and also play tennis en femme. I love the feel of my ponytail bouncing on my back when I run (I wear a full lace wig), and also love wearing running/tennis skirts. I am totally with you amy nicole about being motivated to exercise because of it. I have run some 5k-10k races en femme and will be running the houston marathon in january =P

I run on a popular running track at a large park and have been clocked before numerous times due to wardrobe malfunctions (breast forms sliding around / lace wig coming partially detached / facial hair showing, etc..) but I shrug it off.

Most of the people in my tennis league know I am trans/gender fluid, some of the girls like to tease me because I dress much more effeminate than they do usually =P

Silver Member
    Doesn't it get hot running with a wig on? (unless one has their own hair) Mine can get hot enough just sitting.

I was an early adopter of running tights (mid 80s) and found that fellow joggers/runners/athletes, particularly women, were much more forgiving/tolerant of what you were wearing than the average non athletic, heckling man-on-the-street.
    Last edited by Taylor186; 09-20-2011 at 02:28 PM.

I ride my bicycle all the time. I use both a road and hybrid bike. I love it but I hate the helmet hair!

I do most of my bicycling at night and always wear women's exercise gear. Hot nights will find me with a woman's black panty girdle on. They look a lot like men's exercise wear/pants. Of the many years I've been wearing them I've only come under suspicion once that I'm aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitlyn26 View Post
    If they say "Oh god it's a dude", it means they likely said, "Whoa she's hot!" a few seconds earlier.
    Exactly, that's what I was thinking too!

I'm not a big running fan (bad for your knees) but I can see that the two would fit well together.... Any one gives you a hard time you just run away! Lol. Personally I also crossdress with exercising. I wear exactly the same gear as the women on our ice hockey team down to the sports bra, panties and Jill shorts!! And knocking people down is a bonus as far as releasing pent up fem stress! Game tonight.... Puck drops at 11pm! .

And hockey is knee friendly. As long as you don't get checked down low.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Vickie_CDTV View Post
    Doesn't it get hot running with a wig on? (unless one has their own hair) Mine can get hot enough just sitting.
    No, not if you have good human hair wig with full lace cap. They are very breathable, unlike synthetic wigs. Also, lace wig can be attached to your head with waterproof/sweatproof adhesives so they are secure even during vigorous activity.. you can even go swimming/diving while wearing one.

Platinum Member
    my knees, hips and shoulders have suffered from years of abuse, so my fitness efforts are limited to the elliptical trainer and fairly light weights. thus far, I only work out en drabb. I sweat way too much to wear forms or a wig!

My only en femme exercise (if you can call it that) is the occassional early morning walk with my dogs. If the weather is cool enought (it hasn't been here since early April) I'll wear my wig and forms. At that time of morning, I seldom met anyone, and I can't say if they noticed anything out of the ordinary about the tall lady on the other side of the street.

I would love to excersice en-femme. I haven't yet, but I think I will do so soon. I am finally back full swing into running again. I had to have knee surgery about a year ago and it took some time to fully recover from that.

I am waiting until I feel that I will look good enough wearing stretchy shorts and a sports bra. Much like the girls on the Insanity DVD.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Interesting, i too am a runner. I have had such a hard time with nipple chaff, would it be all that strange for a man to wear a sports bra to combat this? Doesn't sound very extreme to me.

I bicycle quite a bit both on the road and mountain biking. All of my biking shorts are female because I am quite short and most of the men's shorts are long on me and I like the shorter ones anyway with my shaved legs. I have mountain biked wearing my small breast forms and a sports bra with my short biking shorts. My funniest experience happened when I was just wearing my shorts, a tank top and my helmet. I didn't have any make up or anything and this dad and a young boy walked by and the boy looked up at me and said are you a boy or a girl? The dad looked a little embarassed and I didn't know what to say! They walked on by and I went on my way. Hugs Riki

I love practicing yoga en femme - so far I've only taught class at Be-All as Jamie - but I try to get at least one practice in a week in full girl mode. I do sweat a fair bit, but the wig cap helps with that.

I hope to someday go to LuluLemon in Chicago as Jamie, take their Saturday morning class and then do some shopping! Love the LuluLemon yoga tops!

I do a lot of running and biking but never fully enfemme. Usually wear a sports bra and girls running shorts when out for an early morning run. Some mornings when it is dark I will pull off the shirt and just run in the sports bra for a little bit. I love it. I used to wear a bra under my bike jersey since you can't tell while wearing bib shorts. But quit doing this because of a fear of wrecking and going to the hospital. I haven't ever tried wearing forms or a wig while running though.

8rys, going on walkabout
    I usually practice yoga at the local studio three times a week in yoga pants *duh* with either a shelf bra cami or sports bra and tee. I wear compression shorts under it all to take care of any buldges. I've gotten a couple odd looks from a couple of the ladies but the instructors pay no mind. Because, two of my three days are very intense I omit my forms to prevent a wardrobe malfunction.

I also ride my bike enfemme, Since I usually ride at night but, I have ridden during the day a couple times with barely a glance. Men and Women look and sound very similar huffing and puffing at 18mph..

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    Long time runner since high school (several marathons, many 10Ks, etc) that has "transitioned" to walking on a regular basis for 1+ hrs, 4-5 days per week. This year I bought new tops and fem running shorts (like the choice of colors!), add some barely noticeable SF18 lipstick (beats chapstick!), usually a little eye makeup... and head out the door with my shaved arms/legs, though a guy in all other ways....