Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just wanted to share this

Talking Just wanted to share this

I hve been married for a little over 10 years.
    Many years ago I told my wife that I had always had a desire to dress in womens clothes. at the time she didn't really want to talk about it.
    We usually attend a friends Halloween party every year, the hostess is a very beautifull and is always dressed what I would call "Supa Hot!".
    Last year I made comment to my wife that I thought the following year I would show up dressed as her and she got a big kick out of it and said "Well you always wanted to dress up." As halloween was getting closer I told her I should probably start preparing for the upcoming party by shaving my legs and getting a pair of heels to practice walking in. Well a week ago things started getting tense, she could obviously tell that I was hoping that this was more than a 1 time thing, at first she was a little upset and of course she asked me a ton of questions. I offered to back off of dressing up if it really made her that uncomfortable but she said to just give her some time to think about it. It has been a pleasant surprise for me as she has seemed to really come around, I never dreamed she would be as supportive as she is and I am one lucky man to be married to her. This evening when she got home from work she asked me to go shopping with her and she picked out quite a few items for me and she told me on the way home that she really enjoyed shopping with me and wondered if I would dress up and go shopping with her sometime. Needless to say I was the one who couldn't believe what I was hearing. After getting home she helped me dress in the new clothes she helped me pick out and did my makeup for the first time. Then we had a lovely evening at home and talked about things we would do together.

Dami Michelle

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Hi Dami, thank you for sharing that.

You have just proved that the advice to take it at your SO's pace really is the best way to go.

I hope you and your wife have a lot of fun exploring this together.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Hi Dami.

Sounds really lovely have a good time with it all.

...noeleena...

*Kisses and Best Wishes* Wendy_Marie's Avatar
    Nice story...it's the way things should progress isn't it...? First you brought up the subject then waited patiently for her to digest the information and then when her comfort level reached apoint where she came around..... now she is looking to help you progress further and take it to the next logical level....Niiiice...wish it worked that way for all of us...I am happy for you Dami.
    [SIZE="3"]"I can't talk girl talk when there is a guy inside my head." Gracie Lou Freebush[/SIZE]
    Is this all that's left of my life before me. Straight Jacket Memories and Seditive Highs! No Happy Ending like they always Promised...There's got to be something left for me... And I Turn my Head and Stare into the Eyes of a Stranger.
    To those of you who consider yourselves to be "Cat People" I apologize in advance for I am not.

Glad to hear but sorry you "lost" ten years. Best wishes.

The real fun has yet to start, wait until she takes you out and you are fully dressed. I promice it will be something you will never forget, have a blast.

that's awesome, i love hearing stories like this and like i tell all the girls like you who are so lucky to have a wonderful SO, you are in store for some wonderful times.
    man, i feel like a woman

Banned Read only
    Wonder how it is that Dami's wife didn't even want to talk about it when it was first mentioned to her but now she has accepted it, encourages it by buying Dami fem clothing, doing her make up and now wants to go shopping together in public with her just like two girls. What got her to change her mind on this and other wives don't budge, like they are dug in and will hold their position forever. I have asked one member of this forum who presents as a drop dead gorgeous female why wouldn't her wife like to go out/shopping with her in fem just like two girls, her wife could have both a girlfriend and husband but her wife wouldn't even considerate. This is a big dilemma when most of society wants to blend and be accepted to look like everyone else yet one can go from not wanting to talk about it to wanting their mate to present and partner as female. Personally I applaude Demi's wife for being open to something new, mindful of her husbands feelings and needs and I feel this is something new they can share and will bring them closer together. The unwritten rules of our society that someone before us "set " as to how we should dress to conform to their thinking perhaps should be changed to allow people to dress as they desire.

Lovely post, best wishes Dami. Your wife is a gem. I was married for 33 and never had the courage to tell her of my " hobby ", which is really much mre than that.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Dami, Thank you for sharing your story. It's a great story and I hope to where you are someday. I've just got to get invited to a Halloween party somehow.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Very lucky girl, I also asked my wife about dressing for halloween, but due to the party we are going to that will not be possible. She supported the idea, but also knows those friends will not take it well. And age should know, they are ask her friends, lol. Have fun with it and best wishes.
    Sookie

Sorry that last line should of read she should know, they are all her friends. Dang phone lol

Oh shoot! That reminds me; I should be nice to my wife. She gets angry, barely speaking to me yesterday. So I should perhaps vacuum the carpets. Whew! Back now. Carpets look nice. Its hard; trying to be nice to her.

Platinum Member
    another experience that demonstrates the value of honesty, patience and communication. No marriage can work without these elements and with them, we can realize fulfillment of many of our dreams.

Aspiring Member
    I always say love is our greatest asset. Your wonderful story proves that.

Best wishes.

Kitty

A great story Dami! Thank you for sharing! And don't forget to thank her! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

That is a wonderfull story and outcome. Many of us would love to have such a thing happen in our lives.

Quote Originally Posted by deebra View Post
    Wonder how it is that Dami's wife didn't even want to talk about it when it was first mentioned to her but now she has accepted it, encourages it by buying Dami fem clothing, doing her make up and now wants to go shopping together in public with her just like two girls. What got her to change her mind on this and other wives don't budge, like they are dug in and will hold their position forever. I have asked one member of this forum who presents as a drop dead gorgeous female why wouldn't her wife like to go out/shopping with her in fem just like two girls, her wife could have both a girlfriend and husband but her wife wouldn't even considerate. This is a big dilemma when most of society wants to blend and be accepted to look like everyone else yet one can go from not wanting to talk about it to wanting their mate to present and partner as female. Personally I applaude Demi's wife for being open to something new, mindful of her husbands feelings and needs and I feel this is something new they can share and will bring them closer together. The unwritten rules of our society that someone before us "set " as to how we should dress to conform to their thinking perhaps should be changed to allow people to dress as they desire.
    I was really surprised at the big and fast turnaround on her part, and I did ask why the big change, which is so unlike her. She reminded me of something that happened a few years ago. My wife has very very fine thin hair, so fine and thin that years ago she desided to start wearing a wig, and not one of the cheap ones, one of the kinds that you special order and when you wear it you comb your own hair through the wig. I was laying on the couch watching TV the first time I saw her in it, she walked in the front door and said "What do you think." I responded with "I think you better get out of here before my wife comes home and finds some hot chick with her husband." (FYI - Most people do not get my sense of humor) she told me that she was so relieved that I like it and supported her, that after thinking about it and asking me many questions she felt there was no harm to our relationship and since I had told her a long time ago she thought she could at least support me on this, with pretty much only one request on her part. She asked me to not let anyone in her family know, and that was fine with me as I am not looking to come out to the entire world.
    She seemed more worried that I was changing and losing interest in her, I let her know in no uncertain terms that this was not the case.
    After she started to come around on the issue she did start to mention that she had always thought I had quite a few feminine traits, more than most men.
    It may sound a little weird to some people but I have the feeling that after this we may be closer now than we have ever been in the last 10 years of marriage, and I'm looking forward to many more even happier years.

Dami Michelle

savor the moment, I just hope she stays that way any you will be one happy girl Good luck

Banned Read only
    After your wife gets over the initial change she'll see it as just clothes; the same kind she wears. She just might start to enjoy your input, opinion and sharing your opinion of fem clothing with her. When going public be oblivious to others around you, just enjoy each other and the relationship of two women enjoying an outing together.

When you first experience acceptance, it is easy to go too far (i.e. Pink Fog) and forget that she wants to see your male self sometimes. There are obvious benefits to having a male SO also be a part-time girlfriend. She may get uncomfortable when she realizes that she may need to come out as the partner of a transgender person. Maybe some day that girls with a trans SO will be considered the lucky ones.
    Juno Michelle Krahn

Normal people are weird. Stealth is another word for "in the closet".

the whole key is communication and acceptance for who we really are...you supported her with her wig, and she really appreciated that...and she accepted your dressing and who knows she may have found her best "girlfreind"

wendy

Platinum Member
    Hi Dami, The ball is in her court now don't rush the net!!

Orchid

You are so lucky to have a supportive spouse. I kept my secret from my wife for many years. Like many of us, I think i thought it would go away once I go married. She is not supportive, but the rules are I have to stay in the closet and we are on a don't ask don't tell policy Shortly after I did come out to her we were invited to a neighbors Halloween party. I made a slight hint that I would like to go dressed. Well that was shot down pretty quickly. Several years before I came out to her we did have a costume party, that I went to dressed. She helped and everything, and she had no Idea how much I really enjoyed it.

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    That is so amazing! Having her change her perception like that is a good sign! Make sure you give her the opportunity to get used to the whole thing. Smaller steps can certainly lead to larger rewards. However, it certainly sounds like there are going to be some fun times ahead. Look at the number of women out there, who can't even get their husbands to go to the mall with them - let alone actually be interested in what they are buying. How many wives would kill to have that kind of connection with their husbands!