Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why Choose a Female Name if you only dress in Woman's Clothes

My name is Michael. When I was around 21 my younger brother started calling me Michelle, so much that I would answer by it. My login name is Herwannabe which fits, her want to be
    The reason you close your eyes when you dream, when you kiss, and when you pray is because the best things in life aren't seen with your eyes, but are felt with your heart.

It's pretty simple for me.

I chose a female name when I wanted to become member of this forum. It just felt better to me chosing a female name, than something more generic than "Love Wearing Panties", not that I don't love wearing panties.

Since joining this forum, I've PM'd a number of girls here, met many of them FtF, and gone out with a group of local girls. When out, it is essential to have a femme name to great outhers and to protect anonymity

Part I still consider myself a part time hetero CD
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I'm not sure what the question is, really. At least for me, my feminine self is a very different manifestation of my combined being. We recognized this almost immediately and my wife was gracious enough to name her! After all, don't you all think of your femme self by her name? Doesn't your SO?

It certainly beats, "Hey You!"

tina

Banned Read only
    Since I was the second born child of my parents, I was suppose to be a girl. They had my name picked out, which is the Americanization of my grandmother's name. Since my father's sperm thought otherwise, I turned out to be a girl. So, it seemed natural to assume that identity.

"Whats in a name: would a rose by any other name smell as sweet"

I like this question allot as it makes me think. For me in many ways the name Cari is another label ; its personal and I control it. In that sense its the only one that fits and it has grown with me. A fem name can be a fem,CD,TG or TS identity depends how its used.

Cari is registered as a CD/TG and genetic male on most sites; the name is rarely registered as a female. Initially I checked the "F" block a few times but was really uncomfortable with it. Overtime I have realized that for me its more than just clothes. In that sense I identify more as TG than CD; I guess choosing a name was a small part of reaching that point, it didn't feel like I crossed a line :-)

At first I picked a name for security as I was nervous about being online.
    So I created a profile that I could dump completely if I ran into anything I wasn't comfortable with yet. I wanted to socialize and needed to learn but wasn't brave enough to use my name I was scared that CDXXX would draw allot of spam and attention I didn't want. Nothing bad took place so I kept it.

I used the name when I first went out and then in a support group. When people started addressing me by Cari and I answered I started identifying more with it.

Having a fem name is a security blanket; its like a firewall some folks have permission to cross others stay on the other side. Over time both personally and socially it has grown into an identity. However I feel it identifies me; or a part of me. It has never been a complete "feminine" identity.

Today if something happened I don't know if I could just dump it and start over.

My mother calls me Stevie to this day and I'm not going to argue with her about it since I'm such a little sissy.

Silver Member
    I found that if I was dressed and say getting a pedicure it would be odd for the tech to say "Brock, do have you selected a color?" I can't follow your jump from having an pseudonym means i want to transition, Wow!!

Aspiring Member
    The common thread seems to be the female name is part of us just like our clothes. We are truly an interesting and wonderful group of people.

Kitty

Well, who knows where this will be leading to? Maybe you'll be a sometime girl, maybe a fulltime girl, or maybe you'll do srs. I think that identity helps you to move into your female self. In my case, I have Kristina a weather girl on the weather channel to thank for my name lol.

I chose a female name for my on line activities because I don't want people finding me out by running across one of my posts and "Hay I know that guy". I know that I could have chosen any name under the sun but Kelly seams to fit for some reason so I decided to go with it.
    Kelly

You ARE Loved.
    You BELONG in this World.

I don't have much of an internal feminine identity as my drive to crossdress - I do it for pleasure. But I have a female name because:

1) it just makes more sense when communicating online - a female name to go with what I hope others see, a female-looking pic.
    2) and I'm glad I did choose one for online use, when I went into a club for the first time. First thing said to me was "Hi. What's your name?"
    3) I don't want to use my real name -so if I use an alternate name for crossdressing purposes, why woulnd't I choose a female name?
    4) when shopping with my wife (rarely), I would prefer her to say "Nicole would like to wear this miniskirt", rather than "you would like to wear this miniskirt"

Yes, but I think a lot of people either misunderstood, or missed The original Question. We had another Thread posted where an awful lot of people signified that they WERE NOT Transgendered, and "Hell, NO" they would never be anything but heterosexual males who occasionally dressed. Our O.P. declared that she found it odd that so many who declared themselves totally Non-Feminine, having never even fantasized about "going further," should choose to take A Femme Name. To our O.P., The Femme Name would imply a lot more than "Hell,No."

So far I think we have had ONE of those "Hell, No" People reply, and that particular person does NOT have A Femme Name on This Forum. She wasn't asking why all of you choose to have a femme name. She wanted to know how The "Hell,No" People could have a femme name and be so much "agin' it?"

Peace and Love, Joanie

PS Whoops! While I was composing this message, Nicole responded. I "think" she was in that "Hell, No" Group. So, we have had two responses.

I'm a part time closeted dresser at this point and the female name is mostly for this forum. My male name doesn't sound right with my avatar and I'm trying to somewhat fit in with the rest of the members here. Funny, I remember using the name Kitty on a chat site over 10 years ago.

But as I sit in male clothing a very feminine name doesn't ring with me well either. I should have made my screen name Pat, Chris or Dale.

I know a girl named Charlie and a boy named Shirley. And a name like Chris can go with either gender. So who is to say what is a male name and what is a female name?

the happy camper
    Quote Originally Posted by sterling12 View Post
    Our O.P. declared that she found it odd that so many who declared themselves totally Non-Feminine, having never even fantasized about "going further," should choose to take A Femme Name.
    I think there's a confusion here between non-female and non-feminine. I don't recall any of the "Hell Nos" saying that they were non-feminine when they dressed. Their position is that they do not wish to become women; they are non-female.

guess they are not coming to terms fully on what identity to take... it varies from person to person but idk good question though
    the boy became the girl>>>> frances

What's with the sudden labeling of crossdressers without a feminine identity as "Hell No" posters? I never responded as such, but rather simply identify myself as a pleasure dresser, not a feminine identity dresser. "Hell No" seems to indicate some sort of defensive response to a false assumption or accusation, like "Hell No, I'm not gay", or "Hell No, I'm not a Republican". For me, it's just "as a matter of fact, I dress for pleasure, and not driven by an internal feminine identity".
    I'm not sure what the OP had in mind. I could be wrong, but I sense the OP's presumtion that the highest calling of crossdressing is having a feminine identity which justifies a female name, and that those with a lesser calling, like dressing for pleasure, ought to stay private and need no female name. Sorry to disappoint you. Many have given good reasons.

Like Karren said, Bill just don't sound right with makeup on. Staci I took in memory of a stripper I used to live with, it was her stage name. She was killed a while back and I just took it. Other wise I would stick with a variation of my name like Billie or something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into... the Girly Zone.
    [url]http://www.facebook.com/Staci Grace

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I tried to cover ALL the bases, Kitty!
    Most call me, "Sherry". Some call me, "Doc". One time I was called, "Robert". I don't really care which, just DON'T call me, "Bob"! Because I prefer LONG wigs!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Uh-oh, Doc. Should I change my name?

Well, I guess i'm an exception here, but since I've gone missing since my introduction these last few months I should say it was because I was looking into the possibility I was transgendered.

And now I'm fairly certain that this is the case with me. I never had a word for what I felt around women and in relationships before considering I was transgendered (and I had had thoughts since I was 12, which I made myself bury and forget by focusing on my passions). I didn't experience gender dysphoria by the strict textbook definition, but I do feel very out of place in my body. It was a feeling that lied beyond love, infaturation or even lust, it was sort of an oppressive wanting to have what I didn't, I guess you could say.

And since accepting it, I've been fairly happy and motivated to change. Some find it an affront on their masculinity that I seek to completely reject my own, but that's not really my problem. I honestly feel like masculinity was forced on me socially and never really suited me at all.

The name I chose was based on some favorite female characters, but also an anagram of my own name. I think its a good one and one I could live with hearing.
    Last edited by Nia Hush; 09-26-2011 at 11:33 AM.

the happy camper
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    What's with the sudden labeling of crossdressers without a feminine identity as "Hell No" posters?
    It seems to have started here with this post:

It comes up occasionally, but when someone assumes that most of you secretly want to be a female I have to agree. However, there are a couple of die hard oh hell no members.
    Some of the girls who responded said things like "put me in the 'hell no' category." Apparently it has snowballed from there so that any of us who say we don't want to transition are now 'hell no' posters. :/

You would think that folks on a crossdressing forum would understand the idea of wanting to cross freely back and forth across the gender divide.

No!!!! That is not what I said, nor the Originator. I will repeat, there were beucoup people on the previous post who used the term to describe themselves as "Hell, No," when asked if they ever had any thoughts about going further with their Crossdressing. They described themselves as STRICTLY, heterosexual crossdressers who had NEVER considered any Fantasy's, nor felt any desire to actually move further toward The TS end of the spectrum.

Our Originator of This Post saw the same thing I did. "Isn't it kind of odd, that people who have no desire (claimed,) to move toward The Transgendered End of The Spectrum should also choose to give themselves a Feminine Name. We had just numerous people claim that their persuasion was "Hell,No!" No ambivalent feelings, no Nothin' to mitigate their declaration! Since there seems to be some "disconnect" between claiming "Hell, NO" and calling yourself Priscilla, or Whatever....she simply asked All THOSE People "Why?" It's a fair question to ask I think. Nobody puts a Gun to their heads. If you have no "Feelings" about being anything but "Hell, No", why not just call yourself Tyrone, or whatever? There isn't any rule around here that says you have to use a Femme Name, that's why at least half The People who acknowledge me, call me Sterling.

Apologies to Nicole, thought you were one of The People who were so adamant with your declaration. But, I think we still haven't heard from hardly any of THOSE People. Come on, Ladies! Share with us.

Peace and Love, Joanie
    Last edited by sterling12; 09-26-2011 at 01:13 PM.

Aspiring Member
    I mean no disrespect for those that are very firm about NOT going beyond dressing in female attire. The question centers around a defining line where one exceeds level of just putting on women's clothes.

Kitty

I dress in full fem when I do...therefore needed a full fem name. Pretty simple to me.

Joanna
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Be who you are...not who you think I want you to be