Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Choose a Female Name if you only dress in Woman's Clothes

Aspiring Member

Why Choose a Female Name if you only dress in Woman's Clothes

I can not help but wonder, if one only wants to wear women's clothes, why would that person choose a female name? I have noticed there are a few user names that are not clearly female.

It seems to me that once you have chosen a female identity, you have taken the next step beyond cross dressing in its purest sense. I was wondering how others see this since in truth, this line is probably, too fine to draw.

The "Hell no" posters is what brought this to mind. Of course I am not against the Hell no'ers at all. I can see their point and respect that as we all should.

Kitty

Seriously. I don't know. It was the other name in the back of my head since I was real young. And the last name is my grandmothers. Just sounded better than Billy Bob Hutton! Lol. And everyone else was doing it! And you know me... I'm a lemming. Following the pack over the cliff!
    Last edited by Karren H; 09-23-2011 at 03:40 PM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

The only law is the law of life. God run no wire fence

Formerly Deborah Whitney
    I've jumped between a few femme names, the current one chosen because it fits a woman of my age group better than "Bethany", my previous one.

I chose to have a female name because it helped "put me in the mood" ... but I do think I'm a bit "more" than a cross-dresser.

Your making a very good point! And so far your responders haven't come up with anything like a convincing justification. They may proclaim; "Hell,NO," but their actual behaviors imply something quite different from their proclamations.

Me? Well, I've thought for a long time I was probably transgendered; so I don't "have a dog in the hunt." I understand that in our world, proclamations made today can get turned around one-hundred and eighty degrees by tomorrow. I don't like to be called a hypocrit, so you will never read of me making an absolute declaration about my "status."

Peace and Love, Joanie
    Last edited by sterling12; 09-23-2011 at 03:55 PM.

hum - good questions Kitty, I await their response. Probably the same-'ole-same-old just wanting to fit in.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I did not have a female name until I got married. My late wife gave me that name, and I use it often!! I have no desire to be a woman, but I do love to wear their clothes. So Stephanie fits me very well!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

When dressed fully, the female name is just as much a part of the package as makeup.

Why not?

Seriously.

I am wearing panties at this very moment. Why wear panties when you are just siting at a computer? Why not?

Does everything have to fit into rigidly constructed categories of human nature? I would have thought this group would be tolerant of endless variations in human behavior. Why does a seriously nonviolent person watch football? They get some internal emotional reward for doing so.

Elizabeth Ann doesn't exist, and never will. But like all human beings, I am a social creature. It is pleasant to interact with those with whom I feel an affinity. Calling myself Liz makes that interaction seem more natural and more pleasurable.

Why choose a female name? I wanted to. The same answer as to why I dress in women's clothes.

Liz
    Last edited by Elizabeth Ann; 09-23-2011 at 04:40 PM.

I always had issues accepting my cross dressing, having a female name has helped me to cope with some of those issues. I am not on a point where I could dress 24/7 (nor I want to) so it is easier for me to think about "Claudia" when thinking about dressing. "Claudia" gives me an ideal, a mental image of how I want to look, and also an anchor point to develop a female persona."Claudia"also provides a dosage of pink fog: when dressed and I see the mirror, I see Claudia; when in drab I see the pictures of that day I can only think that my pink fog is more like cotton candy than fog.
    Anyway, in conclusion, having a name has helped me overcome some of the guilt, and has giving me the opportunity to explore this side of me a lot deeper than I could before.

Hugs,

Claudia Dawn

Platinum Member
    I was given this name s birth. I guess mom knew something.

I guess it is just because something like "George" dosen't sound very female.

I agree with Liz. It's because I want to in order to complete the overall transformation. And when I'm on the forum I am a girl and to me, so are others who are here.
    Hugs and Kisses,

Vanessa Jane

I think I'm a little more than a Crossdresser. I embody my feminine self a lot and I am really attached with her and I become here. I enjoy both personas my male self and my female self. Both are so real that I am not sure which one is the make-believe and which one is the true me. I love being in such state, who would give away enjoying both worlds? Only a crazy person would.

So, when I am en-femme I do NOT want to be referred to as a He or a guy's name because I am completely a Lady in that state 100%. I would feel insulted if someone refers to me as a guy....! I would also feel insulted if someone refers to me as a girl when I am not en-femme! Confusing? I know... but is it good? HELL YES!!

Silver Member
    Mine is ambiguous by choice, precisely because the gender reality isn't binary. That I use a pseudonym at all is out of concern for privacy.

Lea

Aspiring Member
    When I go out I might just be a guy in a skirt, or I might do the whole thing with boobs, wig and make-up, with body language to match. If it is the first, I would not use any name at all (I am not going to volunteer my own name!) and if the second, it is a name attached to a part I am playing. I am acting. I don't actually imagine I am a woman when I put on a bra - I am acting. If you are acting as a pirate, even at Halloween, you don't call your character Clive or Alan. You call yourself something like Black Jake. It is part of the fun. It does not mean you really think of yourself as a pirate or want to be a pirate in real life. It is all just FUN.

Susan (whenever I feel like using that name)

I am in the "Why not" camp. We can do what we want, as we say here so many times. I want a female name when out and about. I too am not a Billy Bob Hutton. What is the big deal about choosing a name to fit the costume theme? You definitely do not have to be anything to pick an alter ego name. Scarlet Rose has two femme names and they are great. I don't know too many Kitty's either except for maybe the one from Gunsmoke. I do have a kitty though and I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express. I really love these fun and silly questions. Next??

Because I hate being called "bob*" in the pubs and clubs when I'm out dressed.....

*Names changed to protect the guilty!

Banned Read only
    Most crossdressers chose a female name because it completes the illusion. In our minds we name the things closest to us. A dog, cat,or a car. That is how our file system works.

My feeling exactly, name changed to protect my identity. As I had to register as someone, and not wanting to use something really identifying, I chose Sarah Kay after a number of attempts at a different name.

I use a female name so my dog doesn't call me Be$T@h!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

My female name is Debra -- when you are dressed and at a fast food counter they ask for a name to call when it's ready -- you don't want to respond to Tom or George or whatever !!.........................Debra

I chose it because it seemed the thing to do at the time. Before that, my female side didn't have (or need) a name because she was hiding in the back of my brain. Now that she has come out to play it is just more convenient for others to have a way to refer to her, as opposed to my drab side.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

My femme name is the female version of my guy name......my mother always wanted a daughter, not a son.
    If you can't wear heels, what's the sense of dressing?......

Platinum Member
    Hi Kitty, The thought never came to mind till I joined this wonderful fourm.

Orchid