Thread: The Lady At The Market Solves A Mystery

The Lady At The Market Solves A Mystery

Several years ago I used to do an early morning exercise walk with a friend at a nearby mall before the shops opened. We'd make a couple of loops of both floors. Then she'd leave and I'd make another loop or two. I was always dressed androgynously, usually tilted toward femme.

One day my friend and I had been in a fairly heated discussion, probably about politics. Afterwards, as I was doing the "alone" part, I passed a fairly tall and very distinguished looking person, just a bit more senior than I, who leaned over and softly said, "Excuse me, but I think we have something in common."

We ended up having coffee and chatting for a while. Turned out to be a typically rather shy CD who said that the only way I was detected and read was through hearing my voice, and particularly my tone, as we'd passed by earlier when I was walking with my friend.

I saw the person again a few times, usually on opposite sides of the mall, and we'd wave to each other. After a while I didn't see them again.

I'd always wondered if they were alright and what had happened.

A day or so ago my spouse and I were at a local grocery store. I was completely en femme, having just come from a workout at our women's exercise center.

I noticed the same person, this time definitely dressed more femme, with earrings, a pink sweater, shorts and cute sandals and accompanied by another woman.

I debated whether to walk up to her and finally I decided to do so when she was alone for a moment. I said, "Hi! Didn't we meet several years ago at the local mall?"

She looked a bit doubtful, but after looking at me for a while said, "Why yes, we very well may have."

I could tell that she still wasn't certain, so I said, "We had coffee together, I believe you told me you are retired military."

She smiled and said, "Yes, I was, in a different lifetime."

I told her how glad I was to see her and how I'd wondered what had happened.

She told me that they'd moved out of the area for a couple years but that they were now moving back.

We chatted just a bit more, but I could see that her usual shyness was making her nervous, so we said our goodbyes.

It was really so nice to know that she was O.K., that she had become more comfortable with being out, and that she was with an accepting spouse.

I don't know if she is a member here or if she'll read this, but if that is the case I would again like to say that it was wonderful to see you again.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Lovely post, Persephone..Thanks..Hopefully, you two can resume a pleasant and sharing relationship...smooches Jackie
    Jackie

I love a great story with a beautiful ending! Thanks for sharing! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Platinum Member
    Its interesting to me that there seem to be a number of mature couples that can share Cding as part of their retirement. Makes me look forward to getting older.

Such a nice story! I'm glad that the story came full circle.

It would be so nice if we could connect with others with whom "we have something in common" more easily.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]