Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are underdressers closeted?

Are underdressers closeted?

I have a feeling that people underdress because they are closeted. Because they are unable to give an outlet for their CD side. This is my assumption based on experiences of myself, pre-op TS on hormones and some other cd'ers i know who go out.

Correct me if i am wrong.

EDIT: Use your own defn of closet. I am just interested to know about underdressing and its relation to being in closet.
    Last edited by sara.s; 09-25-2011 at 05:51 PM.

Here i mean, in the closet = not dressing in public.

Silver Member
    For some, underdressing is all they need or desire, so no, not all underdressers are closeted.

I think the "closet" is a state of mind while underdressing is a state of dress. I think you can be out, defined as people know you dress, and underdress because you are in drab for whatever reason. If you underdress and nobody knows and you want to keep it that way, then you are in the closet. If you underdress, nobody knows, but you do not care if they do or not then you are not in the closet. That is my 2 cents anyway!

Danni
    I'M FREE, I'M FREE! I GET TO BE ME!

Okay, each has their own defn of closet. So, I edited my original question.

I agree with Danni. Being in the closet means not wanting people to know, whether a CD underdresses or goes out full-femme.

And then there are degrees of being closeted. Some CDs are OK with being out among strangers but they still don't want family, friends, and coworkers to know. Or, they're OK with select groups of people knowing, but not others. So I guess you could say they are partially closeted.

So ... if an individual just likes to underdress and not do more, and he doesn't hide it when he's in a locker room changing, then he's not closeted.

If he hides the fact that he's undersdressing, then he's closeted. And if he only underdresses in public because he prefers to keep the full-on dressing for the privacy of his home, then he's closeted as well.
    Reine

Closer out than ever.. DanyaKay's Avatar
    Can't deny that I live the closet. Perhaps my priorities are wrong(to some) but providing a good income for my family comes first. Once I retire maybe I'll view it differently but doubtful. Some people have more to lose than a Mcjob. There's nothing wrong with the closet for most of us. It does me good to get a ton of feedback from the fully blown wide open girls who share all their experiences. I believe it helps to add confidence to those who are getting ready to open the door. I'd be cool with being dressed and sittin' down to play some poker or watch a ball game with girls from Houston but I still am not gonna shave off the 'stache.

@DannyKay, Perhaps you have misunderstood my question. My question has nothing to do with rights/wrongs to being in the closet.

I went out the other day under dressed. I wore knee highs which cold be seen if one looked at the space between my shoe tops and pants leg. Also, I had on a scooped blouse, but it was covered up by a zippered jacket. I still felt very lovely. I think I'll do it again. No makeup or wig or jewlery.

I'd say most everyone here is in a closet... Of some sort. Some are small and lonely while some are big and include outside parts and other people.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I think being in the closet means that other people in general do not know that you crossdress. My children and grandchildren know that I crossdress, but no one else does! Therefore, in a technical sense I am in the closet! But I have, and still do, go out in public dressed completely as Stephanie. Granted, I now go out as a man dressed enfemme, but I am still crossdressed. Other people certainly do see me, but they don't know me!! So as I said, I am technically in the closet!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I would say I am in the closet and I underdress because I am in the closet. There are a few who know of my dressing and have seen me and I have started taking tentative steps out of my closet but until I am fully ready, I underdress. It makes me feel good an serves as a reminder of my future goals.

Danni
    I'M FREE, I'M FREE! I GET TO BE ME!

I'm so far in the closet I don't even underdress! lol

Platinum Member
    Hi Sara, It's like taking a cookie when mom isn't looking you've gotten away with it.
    Same with underdressing you are getting away with something.
    You are dressing but still in the closet.

Orchid

Sara, you make an unwarranted assumption that people who underdress "are unable to give an outlet to their CD side." Maybe underdressing is all the outlet some people need. There are all sorts of dressing up. In addition to panties, one may wear an androgynous top, women's slacks or jeans, makeup, perfume, and carry a purseā€”and find fulfillment while not presenting wholly as a women. One can be a CD without a blond wig and beast forms.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I'd say most everyone here is in a closet... Of some sort. Some are small and lonely while some are big and include outside parts and other people.
    Mine is kinda like shoebox size

not sure if i fit into your box? but i under dress every day and have for years. i even over dress every day (except at work the company i work for has a issued uniform i must have on). but i only ware womens clothing even as a guy little to nobody notices. (or at least not said a thing) just jeans and a top, shoes, etc. and i do go out a couple times a month dressed with a wig, make-up and a cute skirt/dress on.. if i had the time and money i would more than just a coupe times a month.
    having a fire sale i have a bunch of mens things i need to lose. for sale cheep some even NEW.

I am closeted and I never under dress.... if I am going to be fem it has to be all the way being partially fem make me angst.

without question i have been cding for around 20 yrs. ihave always kept it a personal secret. but i love to underdress. panties stockings dosent get better
    can i go from prettieboyinneed to prettyboy

Not necessiarily. I underdress almost every day during the work week. Some of us folks just happen to have professional jobs (notj just McJobs), reputations, community/civic involvement, famlies and future careers that we have to think about. I dress fully when home or when going out, and I choose very carefully those who I have allowewd to see me fully dressed. DanyaKay, I am right there with you. I may do more out dressing once I retire, but that is still a few years away from now.
    Last edited by Sarah V; 10-01-2011 at 08:07 AM.

Sarah[SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

"Sport is for men.......But Ballet is for women" ---- George Balenchine

Reading the OP's question, my first reaction was that I agree that underdressing is just another form of closet dressing. But after reading Danni Renee's and ReineD's posts (#5 & #7) I agree with them.

I have dressed for many years, and due to a career in the military underdressing was an outlet to feel fem and not go all the way unless at home. I often wore panties and camisole under my uniform. Ocasionally maybe panties under PT uniforn, but that can be a bit daring.

We are in the closet when we underdress until our bra straps show through our shirt or when we bend over and show some panty.

OK, so no relation between the two.. Thanks for your replies..

The only time I'm in the closit is to get something to wear! But I would say that if your bra is showing under your work shirt without you knowing it, then you left your closit door partley open!Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone: