Thread: Finally went out

Finally went out

I've been dressing for many years, mostly at home in private. A year ago or so I started going out for walks around the neighborhood late at night. I live in a very safe area, even GG can be found out alone late at night. Last month though I had a weeks vacation from work while the wife was also gone. I had plans for the last part of the week but not for the first few days.

So early in the week I dressed up enfemme in the morning. Shaved my mustach, put on nail polish, wig, white and pink dress and went out in the day time for the first time. It is something I have dreamed about for many years.

I drove to a mall about 1 and 1/2 hours from home and spent time shopping and window shopping and generally just walking about. Later in the evening I took in a movie still dressed. (a chick flick at that) Then a very late dinner and drove home still dressed.

I was nervous before getting out of the car and nearly aborted a couple of times. But once out I found the experience totally enjoyable. I put on my best effort at a female walk and was just very confident.

I heard no negitive comments and most people didn't appear to notice anything amiss even though I don't consider myself to be passable. As others have said from time to time most people are in their own little world. Only thing I did hear was at one point a couple I passed a few times were sitting on a bench in the hall. I heard her exclaim to the guy, look at the face. Apparently they were in disagreement about whether it was a guy in the dress or not.

I feel good though that I must have gotten other things right if it was only the face they tell by. Maybe I need to work on the make-up more. A thourghly enjoyable day and I can't wait for another opportunity for a repeat.

Do any of you have suggestions and what was your first experience out like?

Sorry for the long post.

Congratulations, Anita. You have reason to be proud. I'm curious (seeing that you're a new member), how much did this site give you the inspiration and courage to go out in the daytime?

Great job Anita! The first time is the hardest! It's been 40 years since my first time! I still remember those nerves! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Wow congrats. That had to be soooo exciting. I still get heart palps purchasing fem clothing and make up items in grab hundreds of miles from home so have a ways to go to get to where you are at so am happy for you.

Sounds like you had a great time Anita...good for you. I went out for the first time during the day on Sunday...nerve racking, but mostly self imposed. Still a great feeling though....one I sure we'll each never forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn cd View Post
    Congratulations, Anita. You have reason to be proud. I'm curious (seeing that you're a new member), how much did this site give you the inspiration and courage to go out in the daytime?
    I've been reading this site for some time. I must say that this site has given me a great amount of inspiration and courage to go out in the daytime. It also has helped me come to terms with this aspect of myself and has helped me realize that it's not just an addiction but it is a real part of who I am. I must thank all of the people here that have unknownly helped me.

AnitaH

Platinum Member
    I have to applaud you first for getting out there is it is a great feeling isn't it. And I have to credit this site also for helping me face my fears.

Platinum Member
    Hi Anita, Your out there now there's no turning back now.

Orchid

And, thank you Anita! It's nice to know when we get through to SOME People. I would prefer we had a lot more threads like yours. What we usually seem to get is: "Tell Me The Absolute, Most Horrible Thing that MIGHT Happen If You Venture Past Your Threshold....And be sure and make it lurid and frightening for all Newbies!"

Glad you had a good time. You were realistic and really didn't expect Not to get Read. But, you also got just about exactly what experienced peole have related. 99% don't care, and are oblivious. 99% of the remaining 1% are almost always way too unsure, and too civil to ever make a big deal of it. That remaining 1/100 of 1%.....who cares!

Peace and Love, Joanie
    Last edited by sterling12; 09-28-2011 at 10:58 PM.

Gold Member
    Oh yeah, as your confidence grows, you will go out more and more, and eventually it just becomes normal.

But yeah like the guy on the bench, there will always be idiots. I often wonder if some people make a lifestyle of trying to identify genders or something. Kind of like families on road trips who are trying to spot different license plates from other states.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.