Thread: Atlanta area restaurants cross dressing friendly

Question Atlanta area restaurants cross dressing friendly

I have searched the internet and found a handful of cross dressing restaurants and bars in the Atlanta area but some are closed and others I have parked outside for a while and not seen any cross dressing traffic. Would like to have an idea of what I am walking into before I walk in. Any suggestions.

Parking outside of restaurants looking for CDing traffic comes across as pretty creepy. My advice would be to seek out those establishments which accept US currency. I find these places to be rather accepting of a transgendered clientele.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Susan, just walk in like you belong there. I live just north of you in Chattanooga and have been to nearly every non-chain restaurant en femme here. Never any problem! In fact, people go out of their way to be nice! Same goes for retail stores. Just don't act like you're doing anything "wrong." If you act like you belong, you will be treated as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post
    Parking outside of restaurants looking for CDing traffic comes across as pretty creepy. .
    just dress and get out there nothing like first hand experience
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sara, I think you correct. I'm new to going out in public and still have a little fear inside. The funny thing is that the fear makes it better. I guess I need to make sure my skirt is straight and my hair is in place, open the darn car door and go on in and eat some food and use some US dollars before the tax man gets them. Thanks for advice. I don't want to be creepy.

Susangirl, I empathize with your feelings. I was brought into the public eye only a few months ago by another TG to whom I will always remain grateful. I made many trips to fuel my vehicle or to window shop at the mall. Rarely talking with another person for fear of discovery and ridicule. Yet, compelled to be there.

Recently, I've felt a breakthrough and discovered that what everyone here says is quite true. If you act respectfully (not sneaking around or seeming to be doing something creepy), you will be treated respectfully. By respectfully, I mean that SAs and others around you will treat you like you are what you appear to be: just another girl out doing the things she needs to do. Men will hold the door for you (say "thank you"). Women will smile "Hello" as they pass you in the store aisle. SAs will ask "Can I help you maam?" Waiters will ask "Table or booth?" All the normal activities that anyone encounters.

The toughest part is believing that this is true. Until you experience it, you may find it hard to believe. So, keep at it and you will be pleasantly surprised. As Inna says, "Oh la la, the world will never look the same."
    Susan

"Not sure who I am, yet. But, I'll let you know..."

BTW: good name. You have chosen well, grasshopper. :-)
    Susan

"Not sure who I am, yet. But, I'll let you know..."

Quote Originally Posted by susangirl View Post
    Sara, I think you correct. I'm new to going out in public and still have a little fear inside. The funny thing is that the fear makes it better. I guess I need to make sure my skirt is straight and my hair is in place, open the darn car door and go on in and eat some food and use some US dollars before the tax man gets them. Thanks for advice. I don't want to be creepy.
    I'm so glad you didn't take my comment in a bad way. I tend to call things exactly as I see them and in your example, creepy is as creepy does. You also recognize that you dont want to come across this way but fear remains. Fear also comes across as creepy sometimes but that is where you need to look deep within in order to overcome.

It's been debated whether condfidence enhances our ability to successfully get along in this world. I'm a believer that it does. Absorb the wealth of info in these pages and apply that which applies to your situation. Good luck!
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Quote Originally Posted by SusanLCD View Post

The toughest part is believing that this is true. Until you experience it, you may find it hard to believe. So, keep at it and you will be pleasantly surprised. As Inna says, "Oh la la, the world will never look the same."
    We can all atest to what she says! The hardest is believing until you do it.

You can also look for the secret transgender accpetance symbol at these resturants VISA Mastercard!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post
    Parking outside of restaurants looking for CDing traffic comes across as pretty creepy. My advice would be to seek out those establishments which accept US currency. I find these places to be rather accepting of a transgendered clientele.
    An alternative to this is to visit the establishment en drab as an ordinary customer. It shouldn't be difficult to determine the acceptance level by asking some polite questions of the employees.

Susan,
    Crossdressing restaurants per se, I'm not sure.
    Here in NY City, we have Lipps, and also Changs. They usually have drag acts.

Last week, All the restaurants around the Perimeter Mall in Dunwoody had their fill of CDs/TG because of the Southern Comfort Conference. Lots of the girls there went to the Wildfire Grill. I had a wonderful filet mignon at Fleming's Steak House with my gang. We were treated very well.
    I'm sure if you went there, the staff would be suprised that SCC is still going on.
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 09-28-2011 at 07:25 PM.

Try "Little Five Points"
    Great food, really great shopping of all kinds, I especially like shopping there for vintage clothes.
    If you have never been there, go, that part of town is a blast.
    Eat a slice of Fellini's Pizza and drink a Rolling Rock for me.
    Little Five Points is one of the few things I miss about living in Atlanta.

Dami

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I live north of Atlanta and eat in restaurants quite frequently. Most of the time when I am out in public, like at a restaurant, I am dressed totally enfemme! But with one major difference!! I wear no makeup and I wear no wig. In other words, I am a man in female clothing!! I have been in restaurants all over the Atlanta area, and have never had one single problem at any of them!! Most of the time my clothing is a skirt and nice top, sometimes a dress!! But I still use the mens room if it is needed!! After all, I am a man!!

Businesses want your money!! They don't really care how you are dressed, as long as you are decent and can pay!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I love Einstein's! Great food, the staff is fantastic and on a nice evening sitting outside is so nice.
    Countess in exile
    Keep Calm and Dance to Morrissey
    Z and the Universe
    I'm also on Twitter and Facebook

Gold Member
    You didn't see the 12 of us walk in?

You never know how many CD's might be in a place. But as others say, most any place is a good place to go to. If you get really unsure, find a local group and meet up with them. You can find out all the places they go to and then you will be all set.

I've heard from friends that "Le Buzz" in Marietta is the latest Hot spot..

Thanks for help. I have just made the jump from controlled public outings to just regular public. In the past I wouldn't get out of the car if someone was near by or walking my way. It still felt great to be out and about. Last week I went to two up scale malls in Buckhead just north of Atlanta. I took my time and shopped in every womens department I could find. The sales staffs were very nice. Only a few dirty looks from other shoppers. I actual had a few men look me up and down and then figure it out. I had on a black pencil skirt almost to the knees with black stockings and 4 inch pumps. Last night I went to see a movie and for a few drinks all by myself. After that, around 2 past midnight, I felt so good I went to a coffee shop. The fear is gone. At the very worst some people will think an a man in women clothing and that's also a bit of a turn on.

Here's a list of Clubs that have Drag Shows etc
    Also a couple of TG friendly ABS's

I deleted the phone numbers per forum rules & regs.

Good luck

Blake's
    One of Atlanta's most popular bars with lotz o' drag
    Midtown -
    227 10th St. NE,
    Atlanta, GA 30309
    Mon-Sat til 3am; Sun til Midnight
    http://www.blakesontheparkatlanta.com/

Burkharts Pub
    regular drag shows
    1492-F Piedmont Ave. NE
    (Ansley Square Mall (Piedmont and Monroe))
    Atlanta, GA 30309
    Midtown
    Mon-Fri 4pm-4am; Sat 2pm-3am; Sun 2pm-Midnight
    http://www.burkharts.com/

Model T
    Drag shows on Friday and Saturday nights
    699 Ponce De Lonce
    Atlanta, GA 30308
    Virginia Highlands
    Daily Noon to 2:30 am
    http://www.modeltatlanta.com/

Amsterdam
    drag shows
    502 Amsterdam Ave. NE
    Atlanta, GA 30306
    Midtown

Le Buzz
    drag shows
    585 Franklin Rd. SE
    Marietta, GA 30067
    http://www.thenewlebuzz.com/

Outwrite Bookstore & Coffeehouse
    where gays, lesbians, bisexuals, transgendereds, and friends feel welcome.
    991 Piedmont Avenue
    Atlanta, GA
    Midtown
    Sun - Thurs: 9am - 10pm; Fri - Sat: 9am - 11pm
    http://www.outwritebooks.com/

Brushstrokes/Capulets [Adult Variety / Bookstore]
    1510 Piedmont Avenue NE
    Atlanta, GA 30324
    Midtown
    http://www.brushstrokesatlanta.com/
    10am-10pm