Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I don't think that we are critical enough of each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Loretta View Post
    The outfit itself is very nice.
    The proportions are a tiny bit off, so maybe padding in the hips would be beneficial?
    Actually, I'm more in need of weight loss than hip padding. My hips are currently 46 inches in diameter (that's bigger than most GGs of my height). Any bigger and I'd be an umpa lumpa. Waist is at 36 inches, which will look great once it goes back to 28 inches. I don't use "props" as I tend to call them.
    Last edited by Kaitlyn26; 09-29-2011 at 01:00 PM. Reason: sp
    "I am the beginning and the end. I bring order into chaos. "
    "I never tell the truth, because I do not believe such a thing exists. Truth, is in the eye of the beholder."
    "Since my customary farewell would appear oddly self serving, I shall simply say, good luck."
    "We give no crap, and we take very little."

Temporarily 600 miles north of my San Diego
    I'll jump on the bandwagon. Since wer're all talking about proportions and sh*tty photos, here's one for your butchering pleasure.
    I don't try to look like a woman that fits in. I try to look like a woman that stands out.

http://www.facebook.com/maxinesnotdead

Both methods are wrong.
    One is being an ass, and the other is also being an ass, just a lying one.

In cooking, people learn from constructive criticism.
    You don't tell billy that his first muffin attempt was the best thing ever, because it's not true.
    You also don't tell him his muffins were S*** personified, because that's also not true.
    Instead, you eat one, and offer critique on what you think would make the muffins even better.
    If the muffins need sugar, then you let him know, that way he learns for the next time.
    Through guidance, his muffins will get better and better, until no further criticism is necessary.

If billy can't handle positive criticism, he probably shouldn't be cooking for others in the first place.
    How's this then -
    If you only react to issues from within your own frame of reference then you will never ever get beyond how you perceive the world and will forever remain ignorant. To encourage a child is to nurture them.
    The child is not a cook - the child is growing and gaining life skills, physical and emotional. They do not need to be you to be right.

Be careful of what you wish for, cross dressing is in people whether they like it or not and not all are young and pretty or feminine to start with , for some it takes very little effort to look what you might call possible, for some it is a very hard and long process and not all have the time or money to spend on looking glamorous and not all actually want to , you are judging members by what you want yourself and there are to many different types of cross dresser to do that , if they are brave enough and happy enough to post their picture then there is nothing wrong with saying a good word to them and supporting them for doing that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

The thing to keep in mind:

When it comes to GG's as well as men, they come in all shapes and sizes. There are GG's that will never look feminine and men who can't help but look feminine. There is a true spectrum of what it means to be feminine. Some CDers are just more fortunate that the end result can be more feminine than what some GG's can actually pull off. You are what you are and be happy with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Joanne f View Post
    Be careful of what you wish for, cross dressing is in people whether they like it or not and not all are young and pretty or feminine to start with , for some it takes very little effort to look what you might call possible, for some it is a very hard and long process and not all have the time or money to spend on looking glamorous and not all actually want to , you are judging members by what you want yourself and there are to many different types of cross dresser to do that , if they are brave enough and happy enough to post their picture then there is nothing wrong with saying a good word to them and supporting them for doing that.
    Thank you Joanne. You have put it perfectly.

Maxine...that futon fabric is sooo clashing with the carpet color!
    BTW...I love how those boots compliment your legs! I want a pair! (boots)
    Hugs,
    Linsey
    Last edited by Sandra; 09-29-2011 at 01:47 PM. Reason: No need for the quote
    "Missed it by that much!"

Maxine you crack me up!

I bet you would be a blast to party with.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

Quote Originally Posted by *Vanessa* View Post
    How's this then -
    If you only react to issues from within your own frame of reference then you will never ever get beyond how you perceive the world and will forever remain ignorant. To encourage a child is to nurture them.
    The child is not a cook - the child is growing and gaining life skills, physical and emotional. They do not need to be you to be right.
    I never said they needed to be me. Encouragement is nice.
    However, you don't coddle the child, as it does more harm than good.
    If he's old enough to competently handle cooking muffins without help, then he's old enough to accept any constructive criticism I throw his way.
    If you encourage a child too much, then they will think that there is no room for improvement.
    As I can tell you from a computer animator's standpoint, there is ALWAYS room for improvement.
    "Move along people, there's nothing to see here."

Loretta The amount of information you have injected to make your point is amazing. How about a little fun with some of the other posts in this thread now. Have a careful read, a lot have made the same point that I have only more palatable to your senses. BTW - the child is now a chef.

Hey if my name is Billy and I have slaved over a hot stove to bake you muffins ,and all you can do is criticize them.
    Then look out because the next time they may contain rat poison. LOL

Philippa Jane

I'm my harshest critic. My first reaction when I evaluate myself after spending an hour getting ready to go out is, "god, you've got to be kidding." I think a lot of us feel that way. From what I've learned, it isn't just crossdressers who feel like this, but sometimes, GGs do as well. This is why I give strangers so much credit for not busting out in laughter when they pass me on the street. Speaking only for myself, I appreciate other members of this forum who stretch the truth quite far and tell me I look OK. I know I look like a guy in drag, but it is nice to hear compliments.

Aspiring Member
    I'm such a harsh critic of myself that I have a hard time taking compliments. :/
    —Mikaela

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Maxine View Post
    I'll jump on the bandwagon. Since wer're all talking about proportions and sh*tty photos, here's one for your butchering pleasure.
    Maxine, you are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Linsey View Post
    Maxine...that futon fabric is sooo clashing with the carpet color!
    BTW...I love how those boots compliment your legs! I want a pair! (boots)
    Hugs,
    Linsey
    Haha! The couch was Missa's idea. She wanted a ****ty red couch like the one they have at the Moonlite Bunny Ranch. It's awesome. It turns into a lounger and a bed.
    I don't try to look like a woman that fits in. I try to look like a woman that stands out.

Hi Loretta,

People "crossdress" for many reasons. Not all CDs are trying to not be a "man in a dress". It is true that sometimes there are "complementary" comments when the posted photo is not that good. However, unless the person posting the photo asks for a critique, they may not appreciate "constructive criticism". My approach is that if I do not like what was posted, I do not comment.
    Hugs, Carole

Quote Originally Posted by *Vanessa* View Post
    Loretta The amount of information you have injected to make your point is amazing. How about a little fun with some of the other posts in this thread now. Have a careful read, a lot have made the same point that I have only more palatable to your senses. BTW - the child is now a chef.
    Do you just hate reading? Is that it?
    I made my point perfectly clear, but it's obvious you didn't even attempt to understand it.
    The child need not be a chef. However, being overzealous with positive reinforcement does only harm.
    Everyone should be able to stand constructive criticism. Everyone. It's how people improve.
    We're adults. Not children, so don't get offended when somebody tells you that you're not the most beautiful person in the world.
    It's how the world works. Sorry to burst your bubble.
    "Move along people, there's nothing to see here."

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda22 View Post
    Maxine, you are awesome.
    Thanks. I want to get one of those t-shirts that reads : Proud to be AWESOME

Living Dead Girl Schatten Lupus's Avatar
    I whole heartedly agree. Some constructive criticism can be a very good thing, but yet there are some here who would cause quite a stir in public, everyone knows it, but the "it looks nice" comments do follow. While that's not all this forum offers, and there are some that do offer tips, pointers, and advice, there is indeed a lofty degree of over generosity.
    Gott weiß ich will kein Engel sein

Do you just hate reading? Is that it?
    I made my point perfectly clear, but it's obvious you didn't even attempt to understand it.
    The child need not be a chef. However, being overzealous with positive reinforcement does only harm.
    Everyone should be able to stand constructive criticism. Everyone. It's how people improve.
    We're adults. Not children, so don't get offended when somebody tells you that you're not the most beautiful person in the world.
    It's how the world works. Sorry to burst your bubble.
    What would be considered constructive criticism to one person, could be perceived as an insult, to another. Best to stick with positive reenforcement. I much prefer to be told what I'm doing right, as opposed to what I'm doing wrong. I improve on my finer qualities, and can identify the lacking ones, through the process of elimination.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikaela View Post
    I'm such a harsh critic of myself that I have a hard time taking compliments. :/
    Me either. You look great though. I find you attractive, and someone worth following advice from.
    "I never tell the truth, because I do not believe such a thing exists. Truth, is in the eye of the beholder."
    "Since my customary farewell would appear oddly self serving, I shall simply say, good luck."

My bubble Loretta ?
    Don't take it personal when people say your narcissistic, they are just people after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikaela View Post
    I agree with Kate. I wouldn't kick you out of bed for eating cookies.

One more log to throw on the fire, is that some members post heavily photoshoped pictures that are more a work of art than an actual representation of themselves. I notice those pictures get the short compliments also.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitlyn26 View Post
    One more log to throw on the fire, is that some members post heavily photoshoped pictures that are more a work of art than an actual representation of themselves. I notice those pictures get the short compliments also.
    I love photoshopped pics. Missa is a great ps artist. Here's an example: