Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Found Out Yesterday, Please Help Me Understand.

Hayley and Callie, I do so much like a happy ending!

In the future there will be times when things are not so delightfully rosy as they are now (we call this the Pink Fog) When that happens please remember back to this time and the fact that your best strength is communication. You can get through anything as long as you're both willing to talk it through.

Hugs, Eryn
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Quote Originally Posted by HayleyGG View Post
    blah blah blah ...

So once again, thank you ladies for all of your help. I couldn't have done it without you. You're truly amazing people, and if I can ever help you with anything, please let me know.

I'm healed!!!!!!
    You are welcome...but we still want a treat... we are just 12 of us!

It's not so much a happy ending as it is a new beginning for us. We're still in the process of learning what makes the other tick, enjoying the best parts and working to correct the not-so-good times.

On a more personal note, the Callie side of me is excited about some of the things we will be trying together, and seeing where we're going to be setting our boundaries :-)

Man....I just love this!

And hockey fans, to boot!

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Quote Originally Posted by TGMarla View Post
    Man....I just love this!

And hockey fans, to boot!
    LOL, we're shattering some stereotypes eh? ;-)

I wish I had an answer for you Hayley. I too feel like a freak sometimes and wish I could stop cross dressing. As a fellow cd'er I can understand why he didn't tell you because I felt the same way when my wife of seven years found out about me. I think that when you find someone you love, your willing to hide this part of yourself to keep that person; even though you can't stop dressing. Hayley please know there are many like "us" in the world, and you can have a life with this person. He will still be a normal man in everyday life; its just that when there is a sale on women's clothing, he may want to go shopping with you

Talking

Hello again. I just thought I'd check in. Even though I don't post every day, I do check this thread quite frequently during the day because you're all so amazing and I love to read what you write.

As far as an update, things have been going very well. After the initial "crisis week" (as Marla called it ) was over, we slipped right back into being us again...only it was tangibly different. I don't know if he feels the same, but I certainly felt it. The very first day of the awkwardness being completely gone and we were back to "us" again, we were both randomly, freely sharing embarrassing things about our past to each other over breakfast without any hesitation whatsoever, some of which had never been told to another human being before then. Neither of us judged, we just laughed together about what we shared.

Since then, we've talked about his crossdressing openly and it just comes out as natural conversation, and I don't think it's awkward for either of us at this point. We make jokes about it, talk about clothes together, talk about how messed up our "kids" will be between the two of us...it's been incredible. I feel like there's been a giant wall between us that has been destroyed. I think it's either one of two things: either because he's had this huge weight lifted off of him now that the truth is out and he doesn't have to hide any part of him from me now, he's able to freely communicate with me because he knows how accepting I am and that I won't judge him (I mean...I know about this, what the hell else could he be hiding worse than this? haha), or it's because now that I know about his "deep, dark secret," we're closer because I know the "scariest" parts of him, know that he's probably not hiding anything else from me, and that we can move forward completely openly and honestly...because perhaps we both felt a subliminal strain, resistance, or resentment because we both subconsciously knew that there wasn't complete honesty between us. Who knows?

Either way, it's been pretty great. I never mentioned this, but we used to fight a LOT. Since this has happened, our disagreements have minimized greatly, and I think it's because we're at the bare bones, completely naked and honest base of our relationship. All the cards are on the table, so now we can move forward without holding anything back. I look forward to the future, as he also mentioned, and this journey has only made us stronger. Plus, we both made a bunch of new, amazing friends. I wish we could all get together and just hug each other...haha...because you all already have a special place in my heart just in the short time we've known each other. There aren't enough hours in the day to reply personally to all of you..haha..but we're both trying our best to address everyone. We want you to know that each of your voices have been heard, no one was looked over, and we've taken all of your advice to heart. Again, we can't thank you enough.

Random replies:

Quote Originally Posted by SamanthaS View Post
    I think that when you find someone you love, your willing to hide this part of yourself to keep that person; even though you can't stop dressing. Hayley please know there are many like "us" in the world, and you can have a life with this person.
    I think you're right. I must admit that when I first found out, I did question whether or not I could be with him because of it, but that's only because I had no idea that this breed of straight males existed, which was my own ignorance. Once I came here and everyone explained everything to me, I realized that it doesn't affect our relationship, and that I don't consider it a "lie." My original thoughts were that he "lied" to me, but after hearing from everyone here, my thoughts morphed into what you just said-that he probably didn't tell me out of fear of losing me. I really hope that's the case, and if it is, I'm completely flattered. If someone is willing to live with their internal guilt and shame because they think there might be a chance that they'll lose me, that's pretty awesome. Little did he know, I'll always accept him for whatever/whoever he is. <3

Quote Originally Posted by CalvinH View Post
    It's not so much a happy ending as it is a new beginning for us.
    This is why I love you.

Quote Originally Posted by feeps View Post
    And Calvin, you are a very lucky guy
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymousinmaryland View Post
    The fact that instead of packing up and leaving, you came here to learn and try to understand, says that you're a woman of greater depth than many. I applaud you for doing so.
    Quote Originally Posted by TGMarla View Post
    She's a treasure, and I wish you both long happiness and a healthy relationship with one another. I appreciate that you see the great pains she took to try and come to grips with this, rather than just go off the deep end like so many women in her place might do.

Giver her a hug, and let her know I was thinking about both of you. Cheers!

Marla

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    To twist a line from a favorite movie, "A million girls would kill for your SO!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorja View Post
    I lean over and whisper in Calvin's ear..... you got a keeper here, I hope you know that!

Thank you all so much for these little snippets of support for me. I really do try to be a decent person and a good girlfriend, and you've all really made me feel like I did the best I could and that I'm actually worth being with. The truth is, we're both very lucky to have each other...because he does a lot for me, too...and I'd do anything to make him happy.