Thread: Can someone explain this movie scene?

Can someone explain this movie scene?

I'm sure that since we have some members a bit older than me, that some of you remember the cheap action movie "Tango and Cash" that came out in the early 90s, maybe even late 80s. It was a Sylvester Stalone and Kurt Russel movie. In an early scene Kurt Russel is seen after escaping from prison, wearing a woman's bra, for no reason that actually moves the story along. Does anyone remember this movie and scene? What was the point of the bra? If I remember right it was never actually mentioned directly and was not part of the movie, beyond being a costume.
    "I am the beginning and the end. I bring order into chaos. "
    "I never tell the truth, because I do not believe such a thing exists. Truth, is in the eye of the beholder."
    "Since my customary farewell would appear oddly self serving, I shall simply say, good luck."
    "We give no crap, and we take very little."

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Tango and Cash were on the run after being Falsely accused of being bent cops.Kurt Russells character "Cash" was cornered in a strip club,and had to dress as a woman to evade the Cops,he escaped on motorbike with "Tangos" sister,The scene with him just in the bra was after at her place,where she was giving him a Massage.Well so someone told me (who am I trying to kid lol)

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

I remember watching the film quite a few years ago, but can't recall this scene, although I did discover that Kurt Russell was nominated for the 1989 Golden Raspberry award for best supporting actress for this drag scene.
    Rachel,

As a crossdresser my personality has several facets. Therefore, I suppose I can be forgiven for being facetious.

never watched but it sounds like crap
    regent,

Quote Originally Posted by marny View Post
    never watched but it sounds like crap
    It had Sly and Kurt Russel in it, that's a given. :P

Oh wow, I understand my confusion now. On the television safe version, I think it skips straight from the prison to the bra scene, and leaves the dancing and sneaking out, out of the movie.
    Last edited by Kaitlyn26; 10-03-2011 at 12:30 AM.
    "I never tell the truth, because I do not believe such a thing exists. Truth, is in the eye of the beholder."
    "Since my customary farewell would appear oddly self serving, I shall simply say, good luck."

Aspiring Member
    I have seen the movie and the TV version has "Kat", Tango's sister in black leathers cooming out of the strip club and getting on a motorcycle. A cop comes towards her to , investigate. "Kat" whistles towards the back door for her "gf" to come out and get on. Cash comes out in drag and the cop thinks they are lesbians and leaves them alone. The next scene is at the sister's house where the two are on the couch , but only Kurt is visible and when Tango comes thru the patio door he thinks there is more going on then just a back rub and jumps over the couch tackling Cash. That is the best that I recall of the movie.
    Diane Elizabeth

Quote Originally Posted by michelleddg View Post
    Oh My God...

The second video of the playlist.... I did not know that Howard Stern is SO FEMININE.. is he a CD/TG?!?!?!?!

What did one stoic actor say to the other stoic actor?

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitlyn26 View Post
    It had Sly and Kurt Russel in it, that's a given. :P
    I always thought Kurt Russell a very underated actor,Sly on the other hand lol,we were lucky it wasn't him in drag lol

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

It was a fun movie. I actually saw it at a theatre. First wife and I went, she liked Russell. The part where Kurt is in drag was very funny at the time, have to take in context, it was the 80s. With my CD at the time, peeking through occasionally, I liked the scene.
    There was Dustin Hoffman in drag, Tootsie, of course, Victor/victoria. On TV, Kids in the Hall. Other movies, series and other media started showing more cross dressers, genderbenders, need I say Boy George, etc.

Was Kurt in that scene? All I remember is Teri Hatcher! That's probably why that version didn't have the dance scene. It was very hot for a PG movie. I thought Kurt Russell looked pretty good in drag. He always did have a baby face.
    Sally