Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why aren't cd's metrosexual?

Why aren't cd's metrosexual?

Some of you say, men's clothing is boring, has limited choices etc..

What are your thoughts on being a metrosexual?
    it has its advantages.. no more hiding and no more being closeted, looks cool, can get highlights on hair, and get hair styled, lots of shoes, and lots of clothing options.. you could even get away with wearing clothes meant for women.. and even little bit of makeup too.
    Last edited by sara.s; 09-30-2011 at 04:35 PM.

I agree Hon but a lot of gals on here are simply female "perfectionists" according to some nebulous "standard". It's much easier to define yourself by your own look in my opinion.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

A lot of CDers compartmentalize things. They have a male persona that is strictly male and a female persona that is strictly female. Usually they don't overlap. Perhaps as a defense mechanism to not out themselves.

I am speaking of outward appearance here, not the way you think and feel.. I pretty much think and feel the same when I am dressed as male or female...

Just a thought...

Meterosexual is one of those brief periods when gender roles are shattered.

Prior to that was Disco and Saturday Night Fever.

Prior to that was probably the late 1920s when men's fashion got very hot.

These are very short moments in overall history. Moments when the feminine male is honored and admired.

But it rarely lasts. Disco was really hot for about 2 years, then became a joke. Metrosexual was a great thing, while it lasted. Then it turned ugly again.

There are political, economic, and social pressures that often lead to a swing back to gender conformity - especially for men.

These days, we have the TEA party.

Aspiring Member
    I know a man that has reached the high water mark of metrosexual movement. He is incredibly self centered putting what he wears and what he drives above anything else including his wife. I don't think I would like to be this kind of person or wear his kind of clothes and shoes.

Kitty

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyagain View Post
    I know a man that has reached the high water mark of metrosexual movement. He is incredibly self centered putting what he wears and what he drives above anything else including his wife. I don't think I would like to be this kind of person or wear his kind of clothes and shoes. Kitty
    You hate his clothing choices because he puts what "he wears and what he drives above anything else including his wife". Really?? You do know that there are women who put what "they wear and what their husband earns/drives above anything else including their husband". So, I hope you were just kidding, otherwise you would be hating crossdressing too..

Hey, I resemble that remark! Metro ishow I get away with shaped eyebrows and totally shaved!

Silver Member
    One of many reasons is that, for some of us, we want to wear that article of clothing that men are not 'allowed' to wear, a s-k-i-r-t or even more forbidden, a d-r-e-s-s. I don't know of any "metrosexual" men who wear skirts, nylons, heels etc.

A "metrosexual" guy may wear more colorful clothing and get his nails done or whatever, but it still isn't as... "exciting"... as what women are allowed to wear.

I would like to be more metrosexual but it just doesn't seem to happen. It would have nothing to do with CDing. To me cding is about dressing as a women and being mistaken for one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

I've always been kind of a metrosexual. Dressed to impress ladies, trimmed body hair, pedicures and manicures to have nice hands and feet, aware of women's fashion, and even owned a Day Spa/Salon at one time with the then wife. CDing was held in abeyance due to her preference to be with a "man" and not a woman.
    “They’re not women’s clothes. They’re my clothes. I bought them.” (Eddie Izzard)

http://www.southparkstudios.com/full...th-park-is-gay

This is the southpark episode on metrosexual, if any one is interested.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I guess that I am a metrosexual, since I go out dressed enfemme but looking like a man!! Been doing that for 6 years now, and have never had a negative remark made to me!! It is my life to lead the way I want to!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I think to be metrosexual is kind of an attitude. Not really a man and not really a woman. A kind of semi-gender. As for me I want to be a woman and nothing semi and therefore no metrosexualism for me.

I always thought the definition of a metrosexual was a guy who was kidding himself.

Maybe I'm just kidding myself too but I'll do that in full women's clothing.

Metro sexual has more to do with the way one carries and grooms themselves, and less to do with the clothing one wears or one's gender identity. Transvestism or crossdress are more focused on the clothing one wears and how it reflects one's gender identity.
    To stand strong and independent so that I can help those who cannot stand by themselves.
    I will do this by abandoning my old ways, and learning anew what I must do to succeed
    I will find strength within instead of looking outside.
    I will recognize when I need help, instead of struggling on my own.
    I will break the cycle I’ve followed and be free.
    I will stand strong and independent, but I won’t stand alone.

My Mission Statement

sorry, I will take my fem/ androgynous style anytime. Meterosexual is just guys wearing skinny jeans and eye liner, which is stupidly called guyliner. I wear eyeliner, mascarah, lipstick, foundation, skirts, dresses, pantyhose, heels, the whole lot...AS A MALE. That to me is true gender fluidity.
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.

Blehhhh.... guyliner? Seriously? Metro guys are clean cut, shaved, cut, buffed, polished and manicured... metro guys are so not the emo/skinny jeans/guyliner type. Metro guys are into fashion, awesome suits, killer shoes, shirts that stand out, and projecting an image of "hot, sexy guy but knows the pain of being waxed".

Sorry, Pythos, but you and I have differing opinions on the definition metrosexual. Maybe on the left coast it means something other than the fly-over country, or the southeast. But coming from a guy that "metro before metro was cool", (sorry, just a play on an 80s country song), and owning a day spa/salon, I saw a lot of "rough boys" become metrosexual because they wanted to impress women. None of them ever wore guyliner, skinny jeans.

Still love your look!! Absolutely no h8 in my <3!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pythos View Post
    ...Meterosexual is just guys wearing skinny jeans and eye liner, which is stupidly called guyliner...
    “They’re not women’s clothes. They’re my clothes. I bought them.” (Eddie Izzard)

Most of the crossdressers here are very masculine in their thoughts. Kind of hard to be metro when you're an old school man, when presenting as a man.
    "I am the beginning and the end. I bring order into chaos. "
    "I never tell the truth, because I do not believe such a thing exists. Truth, is in the eye of the beholder."
    "Since my customary farewell would appear oddly self serving, I shall simply say, good luck."
    "We give no crap, and we take very little."

my friends and I are pretty much metro and I occasionally got my hair colored. Of course the constant hair styling and new clothes is a must.
    I don't dress to impress, I dress to outdress

Hi,

Heck im just so glad im a woman....after all of that,

...noeleena...

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyagain View Post
    I know a man that has reached the high water mark of metrosexual movement. He is incredibly self centered putting what he wears and what he drives above anything else including his wife. I don't think I would like to be this kind of person or wear his kind of clothes and shoes.

Kitty
    Quote Originally Posted by sara.s View Post
    You hate his clothing choices because he puts what "he wears and what he drives above anything else including his wife". Really?? You do know that there are women who put what "they wear and what their husband earns/drives above anything else including their husband".
    There are CDs who put what they wear, and their outings, and their profiles on dating/friend sites above all else too.

As to why more CDs aren't metrosexual? I think it's because many feel that such a meticulous outward appearance would give them away.
    Last edited by ReineD; 10-01-2011 at 04:33 AM.
    Reine

Yeah, I sort of do a modern version of it, as this was something like a movement in the 00s.

Generally speaking, most people don't get it, and typically presume you're gay, but it does allow a lot of what you're talking about, provided you don't take it in any way feminine. Women's clothes really wouldn't fly with it, but I can have much more fun with it, have some shaping to my eyebrows (extremely basic) and use a tiny bit of concealer for blemishes, etc.

But, this is really the only way I could dress as a man. I tried being 'normal' for a day (like sports clothes, crappy shoes, something paying zero attention to fashion) once and it got completely under my skin after just a few minutes. However, as you could imagine, most people were a lot more friendly to me then, just as I expected...

Gee I am totally metrosexual
    gell nails all the time
    eye brows threaded (thin arched)
    hair cut in BOB
    stlye hair every day
    light make-up daily

and thank god I am not a construction worker

I can see where some younger cross dressers could hide in plan site by claiming to be a Metro sexual, but if I tried it, my family and friends would find it just as weird, as they would find me if I showed up in a skirt. And it would only be a way to hide, because it would not replace the cross dressing, not for me at least.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Why all the Metrosexual hate? I think its great when men can pull off the look. It can be hit and miss really. Noel Fielding = Hot, awesome and quirky. Tim Mitchin = Awesome, talented although has crazy hair (but love him anyway!) and Russell Brand... er not so much, but I think I dislike him more on the basis he's a bit of a prat.

I don't think you could wear skirts with the look though, maybe girl skinny jeans. I mean there are some similarities between crossdressing and metrosexual but at the end of it Metros are still generally presenting as male. I see them more as human peacocks than anything. Totally male, but snazzed up.
    My brother is metro sexual, (albeit without eyeliner or skinny jeans) he has £100 hair straighteners and buys all his shampoo from Lush. Exercises and dresses well. His girlfriend has never complained.

I think less CDers are Metrosexual because that would require more thought, time, money and effort into their "drab" appearances. Resources they are unwilling to share with their fem side perhaps?
    I may not be perfect, but parts of me are pretty awesome!

Complete Geek and Girl gamer.