Thread: Another person knows my secret

Just a girl at heart too Kerigirl2009's Avatar

Another person knows my secret

Well I have been thinking about this for a long time but as we all know FEAR of the reaction usually prevails. I was going to tell my sister a couple months ago because I just need to feel better about myself. Then she told us about finding out about someone else who crossdresses and she didnt seem to receptive so I changed my mind.

Well I guess I changed my mind becasue I told her. We met for lunch and it was really good to just spend time with my only sister. Both of us have fathers who are not involved very much in our lives and our mother passed away nearly 7 years ago (time flies) So anyway, we are not as close as we could be, I figured I think I should tell her mainly becasue I just cant keep it inside myself anymore. I need to be real and this is a big part of her brothers life. So I took a chance.

Well it went really well. We finished lunch and we where talking about family and such and pretty much whatever came to mind. I started by asking how she was at keeping secrets. Basically intrigued her enough to drive her nuts and her mind started wondering. So after moving slowly in the conversation I said to her here look at this and I handed her my phone with a picture of her brother dressed.

She looked at it and siad "who is she" Are you cheating on your wife" LOL I laughed and said look closer, that is me. Her eyes got really big and then a smile came to her face. She wanted to know everything. The funny thing was she never asked me the usual questions, YOU KNOW THE FIRST TWO!! Are you gay? or Do you want to be a woman? Her response went like this!!

Does dressing this way make you happy? Do you want to go out as her? Would you dress like this all the time if you could? YES YES AND YES where my replies.

Well we where at lunch for another 2 and a half hours. total of 4 hours. She sid we should go shopping sometime. Needless to say I was so surprised at her reaction. She actually said to me "please don't treat me any different now that I know" If this makes you happy then why can't you do that.

I told her stories of us growing up together and how I would get sooooooo jealous of her and my cousins. HOw I wanted to be included but as I was the only boy I was excluded from alot. She was like OMG I remember doing your hair and putting makeup on you and you getting all dressed up. I remember a couple times but OMG I can remember a few more now then I did before lunch.

So after she looked through my pictures and gave me nail tips on how to keep them from splitting and such we went to leave and she started to ask more questions like how I get my stuff, I said just like you I go shopping but I have never done it in Keri mode. Never tried on clothes at the store. She said maybe I should with a smile. (I think we may end up shopping soon) then she saw my shoes in my vehicle and she was like OMG they sell American Eagle at payless. Obviously they do as they are right there. she said they where cute flats and that I appear to have good girly taste with a laugh and a smile.
    We hugged and she said "goodbye Keri" which left me with a smile.

I am glad I told her and I hope she is good at keeping my secret, but those are the chances we take when we open up. But will see.

I returned home of course it was about 6pm and my wife was home, she didnt take long to ask me if I told my sister. I told her yes I did, she asked me what she said and I told her she said well we should go shopping. My wife was not to happy about it but did tell me if I want a confidant to find someone other then her sister whom she told about a year ago, so I did. My sister.
    I guess I will see what happens from this point forward.

Oh and an update from my last post. My wife and I are talking as I mentioned she said she was thinking about divorce. Neither uf us really want this to happen so we will continue our conversation about setting boundaries and I guess I will have to be more honest about how much I would like to dress so maybe less underdressing but then I want to dress fully but will have to figure out how and when (the tough part)

Well it could not get a better response from my sister I think.
    I wish I had the courage to just be myself and live my life how I want

Thank you for sharing that amazing story.
    “They’re not women’s clothes. They’re my clothes. I bought them.” (Eddie Izzard)

What an interesting story. I'm glad it went well with her!

That's great Keri!!! I'm so glad everything worked out for you.
    I know how nerve racking opening up can be (I think we all do).

That's so great. I'm very happy for you. Only a few of my friends know and it means a lot to me to have shared that with them.
    Mary

Your sister whom you thought would not accept you has, that is so wonderful to hear. I have been coming out to more people, mostly friends and the vast majority have been a positive experience for me. I have yet to come out to my family or my children but I am working towards that direction. It is very liberating. Thanks for sharing.

Gold Member
    Another awesome outing Keri. But I do see where you need to tread carefully as you will want to go out with your sister and you may be setting boundaries with your wife. Be care of getting between a rock and a hard place.

One thing I always do when I out myself to someone is tell them to pick someone to be able to talk with about it. Now the danger of doing that is that the person they tell may want to talk with someone other than the person you first told (hope that didn't get confusing). But for me, it was worked out well. Just something to consider.

I agree, that's a great story about your sister Keri! I think if I was going to tell someone, my sister would be first. Maybe my mom since she has pics of me when I was little wearing her jewelry and shoes... I guess I should have known back then??? Anyway, glad it worked out well for you at least you have some support in dealing with the other part.... All the best and I hope that works out too.
    --------