Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I told my date last nite. And, she kept saying--------------------------

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Exclamation I told my date last nite. And, she kept saying--------------------------

"I don't know what to say." And, "U should stop. If u wanted to, u could!"
    At least 4 or 5 times during the evening.

I've been dating her randomly for a couple of months. I decided to tell her because she wanted to hear all about the "conference" I attended. (The SCC).

I thot I should tell her the truth because I think we've been quite honest with each other so far. No one else pinned me down about the SCC like her. She asked for very few details after I told her. About the conference or anything else RE my dressing. So, I volunteered few. She finished the evening by saying, "You're a nice guy, I hope we can continue to see each other?"

We'll see what happens after she's had some time to think about it!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Good luck, Sherry! Hope it works out. She ended the evening on a positive note and this is encouraging.
    Reine

Well at least you were honest with her!!! I am thankful that my GF is so accepting...

I am in no way qualified to give you any advice. You have embraced your position and seem to be very good at it. "That" conversation did not seem like it was going the way it should have. "You should stop" hehehehe Good Luck.

Oh wow, um, I really don't think you could stop, Sherry. You put far too much into your dressing than I think she realizes. It's too much a part of who you are to 'stop'. I respect you for being true to yourself in that way. I also applaud you for being honest at this point with your date. I think you're better off in the long run if it turns out she can't handle even what little you've told her so far. All the best!

Hugs,
    Ann

Ask her why she thinks you should stop.

Should she stop, too?
    Susan

"Not sure who I am, yet. But, I'll let you know..."

Uh Oh...

That "you're a nice guy" comment sounds very close to that "I consider you to be a great friend" comment that women make when they are informing you nicely that your application has just been moved from the "maybe" stack into the "NO" stack.

Hey, you usually cannot make any real interpretations at the time the play is in motion. You usually find out what they really think in the next interaction with her, where she is not in face-to-face mode.

I would consult my 8 ball and give you the results, but about a year ago something went wrong...and now all I can see is the little black triangle and a bunch of white ink blobs floating at the top of the window, blocking out the little advice responses. Shaking it just makes it worse. So, I guess you are on your own...

Good Luck...we still luv u...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You should have asked her WHY she thinks you should stop having fun...She doesn't seem right for you...glad we support your fun!
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

I don't interpret her response as positive at all. I'm hearing, "If you stop CDing, we can keep seeing each other". Sherry, do you really want to beinvolved with someone who clearly disapproves? I may be all wrong here, but it sure sounds like she's bargaining with you as if to say, if you "stop" we can continue. That's manipulative, disrespectful, and not worth your investment of time. Don't settle for less than you deserve. Please.

Except in the movies.... "Nice guys" rarely get the girl!! Good luck!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I didn't tell my wife until we had been together for a while. It may be a little uncomfortable with this person now, but it makes it much easier for you to deal with it now rather than much later.

You are doing the right thing and being up front with her. That will make less heart ache down the line...

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    Sherry,

The ball is in her court now. Take your time. Let her weigh the "fors" and "againsts".

My love interest (of 2 years). On our first date her JAW WAS ON THE FLOOR when I told her . After a week she called and asked my out on a picnic. After the picnic she say "We can have something READY SPECIAL. I feel a contact with you. I can learn to love you as you are!" I didn't push her, and she went baby steps to total accepting.

Wait and see what her next step is...and....and then....

Em
    Living with a heel in each world.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Except in the movies.... "Nice guys" rarely get the girl!! Good luck!!
    well my friend there's always hope. continue to be open and honest with her. i wish you all the best may you find happiness
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Emily Ann Brown View Post
    My love interest (of 2 years). On our first date her JAW WAS ON THE FLOOR when I told her . After a week she called and asked my out on a picnic. After the picnic she say "We can have something READY SPECIAL. I feel a contact with you. I can learn to love you as you are!" I didn't push her, and she went baby steps to total accepting.Em
    That's really beautiful. I'm happy for you!

Quote Originally Posted by VioletJourney View Post
    Ask her why she thinks you should stop.
    AND...

Ask her why she thinks you COULD stop.

When she says "I hope we can continue seeing each other" that tells me she has already made up her mind and is being polite. Time will tell when she's had time to think but it was worth the try, it was the only way to find out how she feels about it all. 10 out of 10 for being up front.
    You don't have to have been born female to enjoy being a girl

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I'm sorry to say that I also think the comments from her are very cautious. She was trying to be tactful from my read. I hope she responds positively the next time you see her, and I would NOT wait long before there is a next time!

tina

Any time in my life a girl told me I was a "nice guy" I was usually single within a week. I hope it works out for you!

Platinum Member
    I really don't believe in mind reading. It seems that she is reacting to a surprise and probably needs to process what she's heard. Let's assume for the moment, she was actually saying what she meant. The "you could stop" probably reflects her understanding CDing as a choice. To some degree it is - we can all stop...to paraphrase Mark Twain, I've done it hundreds of times. Similarly, I would take the comment that "you're a really nice guy" at face value. And, the statement that "I hope we can continue seeing each other" as an honest expression of her thoughts as well. Assume nothing and accept her at face value.

Just getting my feet wet Marie-Elise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eluuzion View Post
    Uh Oh...

That "you're a nice guy" comment sounds very close to that "I consider you to be a great friend" comment that women make when they are informing you nicely that your application has just been moved from the "maybe" stack into the "NO" stack.

Hey, you usually cannot make any real interpretations at the time the play is in motion. You usually find out what they really think in the next interaction with her, where she is not in face-to-face mode.

I would consult my 8 ball and give you the results, but about a year ago something went wrong...and now all I can see is the little black triangle and a bunch of white ink blobs floating at the top of the window, blocking out the little advice responses. Shaking it just makes it worse. So, I guess you are on your own...

Good Luck...we still luv u...

I agree about the friend thing. I would move on...but I have a low tolerance for the "friend zone".

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I do have to disagree with others who have answered your Thread. You can stop if YOU WANT TO!! The idea to crossdress is a built in mental thing which is in your mind only!! You are not being forced to dress, so you can stop. As one who did stop for 5 years, I can say that it is not easy!! Because that mindset is always there to tell you to put on the pretty clothes. BTW, as many of you know, I started dressing again only because my late wife begged me to do so. She missed Stephanie in her life!!

All that said, you seem to have a very smart girlfriend and I think she is a keeper!! I think she will stay with you. Maybe with more talking, to get more answers!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Silver Member
    If you are looking for a romantic relationship I wouldn't hold my breath. She clearly indicates she doesn't like it and does not approve ("why don't you stop?") and probably never will. She may indeed want to remain close, but I think she gave you the equivalent of the old "let's just be friends" line.

I am sorry this is probably the case, I know what it feels like

Banned Read only
    Yes Sherry the moment she said "you can stop if you want to', means she doesn't approve.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    "You're a nice guy, I hope we can continue to see each other?"
    Translation: "Don't call me, I'll call you!"