Thread: if only you could

if only you could

If you could go back to your younger years would you tell about your crossdressing? I know I would because I would love to live my life now as a female but I keep it hidden yet today live in a small town. I wish I could walk out side in a shirt with a blouse on and not have people look at me funny. If I could live life over I would have told everybody at a young age what my desirers were. I love this web site it has helped me out greatly to understand who i am

Jordan, I dont know if I would tell everyone but I definitely would spend more tim ein my sisters clothes. God how I loved them. I think I would have told her to. I think she woul dhave been cool with it and probably helped me out more with the finer things. I to grew up in a small town

I tried to tell a couple of girlfriends, they were not receptive and a couple of them even blabbed out my CDing around our tiny town. The ex-wife didn't appreciate my desires so I kept it buried for 20 years. Would I go back and tell more people? Probably. I think I would have focused on finding myself rather than being afraid to be myself in public and with friends.
    “They’re not women’s clothes. They’re my clothes. I bought them.” (Eddie Izzard)

I would not have told anyone in my teens or early 20's. I wish I would have told my wife and not have her find out. Now that it is out and from the support I get on this site I have become totally open with her. It turned when she called me her "little woman" and apologized. The old me (before this site) would have got defensive and that would have caused a fight and done more damage. Instead, I giggled and told her that was ok, I don't mind being her "little woman around the house". She brought it up the same comment when we were with friends and we both giggled, and she rubbed my foot under the table. So that is my only regret, if I would have only come clean with here years ago I would be having a great time now.

Only if I could go back to my pre-teens and it was 2011!! Times have changed and I feel I wouldn't be labeled as big a pervert now as I would have 50 years ago. And extending my life 5 decades is a bonus!! Like a two fer!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

If I had done what I originally intended (transition) I would have been happily married for years now or perhaps have pursued a career in entertainment, possibly both.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Aspiring Member Longing2be-Trisha's Avatar
    If only I could go back 43 years and it still ways 2011! Then again I may not have what I have today, but would most likely have something similar. We can not live in the what could have been, just the here and now.

Hugs
    Trisha

If only I could! I wouldn't tell anyone! They would take one look at me! Then they would know! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    I aggree with Mikka. I would have told my wife rather than have her find my clothes 27 years later! I wouldn't have been able to dress much, as we had 2 daughters in the house. However, I would not have the guilt of hiding it from her for so long.
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

I don't think I would have told everyone, but I know I would have explored myself a lot more. Back in my younger years, I repressed my feelings and my desires. If I had been more honest with myself and my close friends back then, I beleive it would be a totally different type of life I'd be living today.

I told my wife when I was 20 and she accepted and avidly participated. Looking back I think I would have tried to learn to pass for female and gone out more instead of spending so much of our time fetish dressing
    [SIZE=3]Stacye Rose[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Cleverly disguised as a normal contributing member of society[/SIZE]

Like Karen said, times have changed! If I were a teen today? I did go out when I was a teen, "way back then", but now, with new laws, new attitudes, and the internet bringing us all together, I have no doubt that I would be well on my way to living as a woman full time. I was so on my own back then, and didn't have the "balls" to do it! Yes, everyone would know, lol!
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    When I was in my teens, and all the way through high school, I was the leader of "my gang!" It was just a group of guys, but we pretty much ran the place!! I was the leader, so picked because I was, according to to the rest of them, the smartest and the toughest!! Smart yes, with a very high I.Q., and I never lost a fight so I guess I was tough!! I sure wouldn't have told any of them about my crossdressing, and they still don't know!! Nobody but me knew back then!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

definately would have tried to find others I could have safely come out to. Too bad the internet wasn't available then so we could have found each other. come to think of it....hey anyone here in the Midwest want to meet for lunch and shoping? (only half kidding!)
    Last edited by cdtraveler; 10-03-2011 at 08:55 PM.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Perspective and perception is EVERYTHING, Jordan! Since I had no desire to dress until after age 50, it's impossible for me to know my thots about it when I was young.

My point is, those of u that CAN think back to your CD/TG/TS thots back in the day, count yourselves lucky!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by HoseandHeels View Post
    ...being afraid to be myself...
    hoseandheel's words kind of sum it up for me. i was never afraid to do this when i was 18, 19 years old, but i grew more fearful of the potential rejection or ridicule as i grew into my twenties and beyond. if i could go back, i'd never have had to tell because it would have been startlingly obvious!

Set the WAY BACK machine for the Early 70's...

I probably still would not tell, because that was a different time, with different beliefs and ideals than we have today.

BUT, I would give ANYTHING, to feel the way I do about myself now, back then.

I didn't accept myself then, if I accepted myself back then like I do now, I wouldn't have the need to tell.
    "I am Yin & Yang, North & South, Night & Day, Feminine & Masculine" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64235483@N02/

I would tell myself it's okay , there's nothing wrong with this . Also go out of state for school because hiding your clothes in an old gym bag in the back of your truck kind of sucks .

NO, I am another of the old ones, and at that time, I would never have come out back in the day, besides, everyone would have just thought I was trying to pull a cpl Klinger if I had come out back then, we still had a draft, and we where at war(Nam). Macho was the thing, even hippy's wore beards.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I probably would have told and come out. I don't know if i would chicken out but i do regret it today. Nowadays i am almost 50 and i do make a very ugly woman. If i would have come out before my puberty there might have been a good chance to make a succesful transition. I really regret it!!!

If only I could, I would not 'suppressed' it for all those years and enjoyed it earlier.

If I could go back early enough I'd tell myself never to start, but if I couldn't go back that far than I'd tell myself that if you're going to do it, just do it without regret and guilt and have fun. And NEVER PURGE!!!

Oh foresure I would do it more and go out. When you're younger, I do feel that you are less likely to worry if someone makes a smart remark, you just fire back. Besides you get to practice the makeup and the walk and the talk and the whatever it takes to be more femm. I do wish that I would have tried to go out at an early age and by now it would be a lot more fun since we would be more relaxed. Oh well, we just do and enjoy at any age. Don't think I would include a lot of other people in the circle that would need to know.

If I could go back to my teens, I would tell my parents. Hopefully, I could have gotten counseling and perhaps started HRT if found to be a candidate. Oh the possibilities...

Anna

I did...to some one I loved dearly.
    She rejected me and I went back in the dark and closed the door for over 15 years.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !