Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How many women want a CD'er and no straight man?

How many women want a CD'er and no straight man?

How many of them are out there and want a real CD'er/TG etc. instead of a so called "straight man"? Are there really such women? Does anybody have experiences?

I have had two women in my life who accepted me as I am. Yes they are out there and you find one cherish her forever.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Thanks Lorileah but accepting is something different than wanting such. An accepting woman is wonderful but are there some who are seeking us? (probably not

Want one? I don't know about that, not many I would bet. But the question should be, how many women are there out there, that accept a TG/CD/TV/TS person, plenty with you go by all of us on here that are married to accepting women. I know my was not looking for a trans person when we met, but the day I told her all about myself, she accepted this as just part of what makes me, me. So wives may take longer, some don't ever get there, but there are plenty of folks on this site, whose wifes go out with them, shop for feminine items to give them as gifts, and all sorts of different levels of acceptance, right down to DADT, but do your own thing. Keep looking, there out there!
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Just a girly girl. Sweet Sabrina's Avatar
    My wife is very accepting and supporting. That being said though she has said that things might have been different if she had known from the start. She knows all about my sexuality and is very supportive of that as well. As long as it's with her. She has always been a little vanilla but since my coming out she has actually been more open and honest with her sexuality and has opened her adventurous side a little more. We keep it just between us and that's how it will most likely stay. Like I said though, had she known from the start things might have been different. In my opinion, women are still looking for that partner who can be the strong and dependable person. I don't think many would seek out a feminine male. I'm not trying to be sexist it's just what I have observed/experienced over the years. I am sure those women exist but sometimes it takes a little coaxing to bring them out?
    Sabrina

Our own Rachel Morley is married to a woman who actively sought out a crossdressing man for a husband. Rachel is a very lucky lady, and his wife is a treasure.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    I have had two women in my life who accepted me as I am. Yes they are out there and you find one cherish her forever.
    As it happens, so have I. I doubt this is simply a rare coincedence.

I am in a LDR with a lovely CD and, to be honest, if this relationship would for some reason end I can totally see myself seeking out another CD for a relationship. I'm a bi-sensual woman so for me a CD is the best of both worlds-a girlfriend and a boyfriend all rolled into one.. that SO rocks! I've connected very well to the femme part of my SO and the male part is nice to have around as well. :-)

So yes..count me as one that would seek out a CD for a relationship.

B
    Last edited by babs816 GG; 10-04-2011 at 12:18 PM.

Wow, I didn't expect that but it's a nice surprise. Your words make me thinking because it seems to be a good advantage to have a CD'er as a partner. Yes, the best of both worlds. Nice.
    I am more of a CROSSDREAMER than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by pinto View Post
    How many of them are out there and want a real CD'er/TG etc. instead of a so called "straight man"? Are there really such women? Does anybody have experiences?
    I think i hear crickets chirping ...........

They do exist, but it's like looking for a 1943 copper penny. I think the biggest problem is, we have no way to know where to look for them. It's not something most women would want the rest of the world to know about. If you want statistics, when I was actively researching and reading everything I could find on crossdressing, I came across several surveys done over the years, and the percentages listed were always pretty close; only 1.5% of women would consider a crossdresser as a romantic partner. That was from blind/random studies; it wasn't known whether the woman was already involved with a crossdresser or not, or whether she had any experience with crossdressers or had ever dated one. When my ex and I were seeing a therapist back in the 90's, there was a crossdresser SO support board she used to read; during discussions with our therapist, she mentioned that quite a few women who thought that they could deal with it, eventually discovered that they simply could not when actually facing the prospect of staying married to a man who crossdresses. There were quite a number of them, so much so, that I would consider the 1.5% number to probably be cut in half. So you're looking at less than 1% of all women as potential mates, few if any of which will let you know that she might be willing to date a guy who crossdresses.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Let's say it is about 1%. That would make about 35 million all over the world and 3.5 million in europe and 2.5 million in northamerica. Okay let's convert it to the age from 20 to 50 then it will be maybe 1.200.000 in europe and 800.000 in northamerica. Still a high number. Okay it's just playing with numbers and nothing serious but interesting.
    I am more of a CROSSDREAMER than anything else.

I doubt you'll find any women who want a CD per se, but there's plenty of women out there who are specifically looking for someone weird/off the wall/not your typical guy. Particularly among the younger generation.

Okay Babs, Now that we are so jealous ,I think you should gather a list of all your GG friends that may also be interested in CDs and have them do the same. Then send it to us and we can find the ones in our local area. hehehe Thanks for being a nice person.

Quote Originally Posted by babs816 GG/SO View Post
    I am in a LDR with a lovely CD and, to be honest, if this relationship would for some reason end I can totally see myself seeking out another CD for a relationship. I'm a bi-sensual woman so for me a CD is the best of both worlds-a girlfriend and a boyfriend all rolled into one.. that SO rocks! I've connected very well to the femme part of my SO and the male part is nice to have around as well. :-)

So yes..count me as one that would seek out a CD for a relationship.

B

Smile GG CD Admirer - there are some of us out here!

Hello,

I have been a member of this board in previous years (back around 2008), and also of the GG board (where are all the posts? Perhaps I need to reapply?) I just logged back in here today after a long absence. I would certainly be accepting of a CD partner, and have actively sought one in the past. It's just as difficult for us to meet you too!

KT

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    I meet a GG who wanted a CD/TG on line.....but she wasn't my cup of tea. We still talk on a regular basis.

Em
    Living with a heel in each world.

Are you busy Friday night ? Oh, Seattle -Glasgow -- guess that will not work. hehehe Thanks for being another nice person.

Quote Originally Posted by KTcat View Post
    Hello,

I have been a member of this board in previous years (back around 2008), and also of the GG board (where are all the posts? Perhaps I need to reapply?) I just logged back in here today after a long absence. I would certainly be accepting of a CD partner, and have actively sought one in the past. It's just as difficult for us to meet you too!

KT

Larry..I can't help the nice thing..lol I was born that way.

I honestly never saw myself in a relationship with a CD/TV in the past..but now that I am in one I wonder what took me so long!

I'll work on that list hon.

B

Quote Originally Posted by pinto View Post
    Thanks Lorileah but accepting is something different than wanting such. An accepting woman is wonderful but are there some who are seeking us? (probably not
    Sorry to disagree but my two women "Wanted" me. They didn't give a hoot about what I wore. They chose me, they caught me. I am ever so grateful they did too. Now ask me again in a year if I can find another that is even close to what those two were. I was married to one and soul mate to the other.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

i have a few lady friends who are totally accepting (and encouraging) of me as a CD, but not a one of them would consider me a legitimate option for dating. i appreciate their honesty!

Aspiring Member
    My wife has always said if other women knew what she about people like us, they would be looking for them. Some of her friends are jealous of how close we are together. What we need is marketing. Maybe a movie that shows the real advantage that people like us offer.

Kitty

Quote Originally Posted by marlaNYC View Post
    i have a few lady friends who are totally accepting (and encouraging) of me as a CD, but not a one of them would consider me a legitimate option for dating. i appreciate their honesty!
    I have the same.
    Two gg's who are "accepting (and encouraging)", heck they help with my makeup. But not sure if I ever could date them. They talk about there boyfriends or possible bf's... like I am one of the girls. LOL

My last 2 gg's gfriends broke up with me soon after I came out. I guess they are like a 4 leaf clover.
    Lucky to find one.

Hi Pinto,

I guess I'm just curious why you're asking . You've presented yourself as a Married crossdresser.

And yes I know a few women who are admirers. But it always seemed to me that the CD gals aren't interested.
    This from the sidelines as I'm a Married wife of 37 years.

Presh GG

Aspiring Member
    I know of one woman who has a preference for CDs to other men (not my SO).
    —Mikaela

If more people were out and there were a lot of women openly dating crossdressers already, women wouldn't feel as self conscience to date a crossdresser. There's a fear of being labelled the outcast or the freak for dating someone that is different. Since we are mostly an underground culture, when people find out about us, they think we're anomalies. Were not though, there are so many of us. However, for most women when they think of crossdressers, they conjure up images of drag queens because they simply don't know the truth. There is absolutely nothing wrong with drag queens, but it's safe to say that the similarities between our 2 groups are very few. This is the impression that most people have of us. However, over time that image will change. People just need to know that we're not freaks and we're not emotionally unstable. We're just people who like to dress a bit differently. We are in the process of creating a new social category, that takes time.
    Last edited by elusivebeauty; 10-04-2011 at 04:13 PM. Reason: typos