Thread: Does my friend know more than I think she does.

Does my friend know more than I think she does.

I was sent this by my friend who I thought did not know of my crossdressing. How do I reply to this? I am only out to my wife and her best friend who does not know my other friend.
    Christine.
    Happiness is not doing the things one likes to do, but liking the things one has to do.

Maybe just fish a little. Ask about who made the quote or why she sent it. If she does know though, she seems pretty accepting.

She may have picked up on something other than CD'ing who knows? it may be something in her life. ask her what she ment by that. the awnser may be suprising. take it from there

*Kisses and Best Wishes* Wendy_Marie's Avatar
    Maybe she is speaking of herself and has a secret she wishes to share....Thats how I would respond..."Ummm Dear is there something you would like to share with me?"
    [SIZE="3"]"I can't talk girl talk when there is a guy inside my head." Gracie Lou Freebush[/SIZE]
    Is this all that's left of my life before me. Straight Jacket Memories and Seditive Highs! No Happy Ending like they always Promised...There's got to be something left for me... And I Turn my Head and Stare into the Eyes of a Stranger.
    To those of you who consider yourselves to be "Cat People" I apologize in advance for I am not.

Hi, you don't mention whether your friend is male or female... but that message could be interpreted in many different ways... depending on the relationship and the context you have with this friend. Most of the possibilities have nothing to do with CDing... but if it is... it is because they have noticed something and/or heard others commenting.

Depending on your relationship, I would tend to be open and candid in asking what they meant... sacrifice what? and who has a problem? and with what?

If this is a real friend this will deepen the relationship. If it doesn't, they are not a real friend. They may be using this as a way to deepen their relationship with you?
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Hi Christine! You've got to tell us if your friend is a male or female! Don't leave us hangin'! PERTTYPLEASE!!!!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    My reply would possibly betray my politician background. I would probably answer something like "Hey, that is a great slogan to live by! Did you have anything in particular in mind when you sent it to me?"
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Platinum Member
    Did SHE send this as a note on any special occasion? All you can do is ask if there was something inherent mind.

Gold Member
    I wouldn't relate it to CDing too easy. I have seen this picture posted multiple times on Facebook. It could have been sent to you just because it is one of those things that is going around.

I am going to say it was the butler, in the kitchen, with the rope...

Not enough information to make a "guess-ta-mation", lol.

But I am a firm believer that people always know more than most assume they do, in any situation.

I have no idea what I just wrote means, too. I hope that helps!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Christine1954 View Post
    I was sent this by my friend who I thought did not know of my crossdressing. How do I reply to this? I am only out to my wife and her best friend who does not know my other friend.
    Christine.
    Simply ask them what their intention was in sending it to you. I'm sure anyone sending a message like that would have no problem in explaining it to their friends, and, if it is about your gender identy, it appears they fully support you so, not to worry; you have a new supportive friend. Cherish them.

Despite my wife always tells me that I don't have this sensitive sense I am quite sure it does not have anything to do with your crossdressing. She refers to to that someone who might have a problem with that what you are and this does not really point to your male appearance or does it?
    I am more of a CROSSDREAMER than anything else.

Hi all, and thank you for your thoughts on my dilema.
    I finally plucked up the courage to ask what she meant by this and had she something to tell me. She replied that she thought it was me who had something to tell and went on to explain why.
    Last week she had joined us along with some family and other friends for a barbecue party during the heatwave we were enjoying at the time. During this party I was wearing a pair of shorts, open sandals and a loose fitting shirt, she had noticed my hairless legs and bare upper chest. This apparently had raised her suspicions and on closer inspection she noticed my well presented nails and slightly thinned eyebrows along with several mannerisms.
    She then came straight out with it, "you crossdress don't you" and followed this quickly with a revelation that one of her boyfriends recently, had been a crossdresser. I asked if it was that obvious to others and she said it was only because of her experience that she had spotted the clues, she did not think anone else had noticed. I then enquired as to why they had parted and was it down to the crossdressing to which she replied "oh no, they had had some really fun times while he was dressed en femme, but he had strayed with another during their relationship and she could not trust him, unfortunately.
    We then had a brief discussion on who else knew and what involvement my wife had in this side of our relationship, what my intentions were for the future and whether I was planning to transition etc. She was very supportive in her statements during this discussion and said that if I wanted to go out enfemme she would be happy to accompany me for support.
    We have been friends for a long time and I trust her integrity and discression, I am not sure whether I can dress fully in the company of someone so close,(other than my wife) but feel excited at the prospect of going out accompanied while dressed enfemme. I will deny myself this opportunity for now as there are a lot of factors to consider and would not want to upset the relationship with my wife.
    I will update you with any progress, Christine
    Happiness is not doing the things one likes to do, but liking the things one has to do.

Platinum Member
    Christine, that's really marvelous. I didn't think it was a coincedence and turns out it wasn't. Two things gained here. 1) another friend and confidante, and 2) further evidence that women can, and often are quite capable of accepting and enjoying a CDing partner. Good for you. I'm glad you were able to discuss this with her!

Stephania
    Maybe just a polite "I agree!" would be aall that is needed. I think we try to read way to much into what other people are thinking.

Aspiring Member
    Be so very careful here. Just remember to keep your wife in this friendship. Another woman can seem like a threat.

Kitty

She seems like a really cool friend, and that's an awesome story Christine!

Hi,

I would be saying thank you & did it have a special meaning for you ,

women more so see things in others that relate to them not so much as to dressing more to do with things about you or its just a nice gesture, dont read in to it.
    I dont think its percific or relates as you think. tho i may be wrong,

...noeleena...