Thread: dad,you suck at this

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar

dad,you suck at this

My son and I just returned from a weekend in London,on the last day he had to get his gf a gift,so went into a few boutiques (usually my idea of a fun day)of course he really had no clue,kept looking to me for help,and here was me trying not to sound at all knowledgable (and trying to keep my hands off everything) Must've done a great cover up job,although I thought i was vague but helpful enough,for it was then he made the comment in the thread title was just one fun episode in a gr8 w/e with my boy
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

hiya t-g,

Sounds like a great time with the kidd-o. I miss those times...mine is just off to college

Sounds like you were able to pull off the "Dress for Success" outing.

There are two Rules for Success

1) Never tell everything you know.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sometimes it can be so hard to seem so ignorant, about something we know so much about isn't it? My granddaughter and I where talking about some TV award show, when I made a remark about one of the dresses on the red carpet, her reply was, "Grandpa, you have never worn a dress, you just wouldn't understand". I just smiled and agreed with her.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

From personal experience.... Being ignorant is hard work!! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

If you drop the ignorant act nobody notices... if so, you just say...hey 'I've watched what not to wear'...
    Chickie

*Kisses and Best Wishes* Wendy_Marie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickhe View Post
    If you drop the ignorant act nobody notices... if so, you just say...hey 'I've watched what not to wear'...
    Or in my case..I grew up in a family with my Mother, Grandmothers with very strong personalities...Five Sisters, a Wife of 26 years and raised two daughters...kind of difficult not to pick up certain clues as to what women like and want when it comes to gifts and presents.
    [SIZE="3"]"I can't talk girl talk when there is a guy inside my head." Gracie Lou Freebush[/SIZE]
    Is this all that's left of my life before me. Straight Jacket Memories and Seditive Highs! No Happy Ending like they always Promised...There's got to be something left for me... And I Turn my Head and Stare into the Eyes of a Stranger.
    To those of you who consider yourselves to be "Cat People" I apologize in advance for I am not.

I don't mind letting them wonder about how I came by my knowledge -- took my wife's best friend shopping 6mo ago she still talking about what a great help I was, and how I knew........oh you know I had three older sisters ..............Debra

Gold Member
    I think we can give in for the purpose of shopping for gifts. Heck we shopped for our wives and girlfriends and for some of us, daughters. Just stay away from the details. I'll buy my wife a top in a minute but not the jeans because she would want to try them on. I am surprised that perfume is considered a good gift since scent is a personal preference, so you would need to know what she likes. But there are loads of things you can blame on experience.

Either way, I love the title. Good job!

My wife, although disapproving of my CDimg, finds me a great shopping partner. I have good taste and know way more about fashion in some ways than she does. I think there is a benefit to caring a lot more about clothes than most women. Heck, I can't talk a lick about football, but ask me to spot a pair of Jimmy Choos during the morning commute and I'm all over it!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Darla View Post
    My wife, although disapproving of my CDimg, finds me a great shopping partner. I have good taste and know way more about fashion in some ways than she does. I think there is a benefit to caring a lot more about clothes than most women. Heck, I can't talk a lick about football, but ask me to spot a pair of Jimmy Choos during the morning commute and I'm all over it!
    Talking about football is easy Darla. Just look for the guy wearing the Jimmy Choos

I have to agree with Karren on this! If acting ignorant is not hard for you, then perhaps you are!!!!! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone: