Thread: Masked ball

Masked ball

Our Christmas party this year is a big masked ball with over 3000 people . Eveyone takes the partys serious so I know almost everyone will be dressed up.I just have the desire to go crazy that evening and dress up In a proper masked ball dress and have professional make over . I venture out and am used to going out so I am confident I can pass with the help of a prof makeover As I would look the part. . But of cause no one knows about pernille

Question for you all would you risk doing it. Or is it a bit risky & what do you think peoples reaction would be .????? would the fact that it is a masked ball help me as people would think I was just playing along

Very interested to hear all your views and comments

the happy camper
    My dad used to say, "Don't gamble if you can't afford to lose." I think that advice would apply here.

Of course, you know your coworkers better than I do. How would they react if you sent out a company-wide memo announcing that you are TG?

EDIT: It does sound like it would be an amazingly fun thing to do... It's the day after that might be a problem.

Pernille.........Hmmmm. Great opportunity, but will all participants be wearing name tags or is there a chance you will be recognized? Or is that not a concern? i would think someone from your own department might recognize you....Very interesting situation.
    Oh, how I wish....

Why spend all that money on a professional makeover if you're wearing a mask?

Quote Originally Posted by VioletJourney View Post
    Why spend all that money on a professional makeover if you're wearing a mask?
    Men wear masks women . Have those eye masks on a stick . So the idea is to tease a bit so full make up is need

Quote Originally Posted by BethCD View Post
    Pernille.........Hmmmm. Great opportunity, but will all participants be wearing name tags or is there a chance you will be recognized? Or is that not a concern? i would think someone from your own department might recognize you....Very interesting situation.
    I work with 18 women in my dept . I know how to handle them so they think they are having a giggle to help me go as a woman.;

I don't think you have anything to worry about as long as you don't take yourself too seriously. If you have fun with it and anyone finds out you can say you were just being silly and off the wall, but people might not like having a lecture about trans rights and self expression and all that crap.

My opinion, if you dress people will know.they will figure out who you are as well as it's not just for fun. If you are ready to come out as cd go for it. If not don't do it!

Join Date Nov 2010 Southern Michele's Avatar
    So if there are so many people, and it is a party worth attending, why not invite us all. We would have a good time and take the heat off of you. Anyone else up for it?

If you can get away with it go for it Pernille. I could never get away with it at a work thing.
    Angie

You will regret things you don't do far more than those you do.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

It depends. The masks usually come off at the end of the night at those functions. If you have nothing to potentially lose then I say: "Go for it!"
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Of course someone will know it is you, so you have to go in the the mode of just playing along with the fun. If you maintain this attitude throughout the night then people may suspect your are CD but unless you come out and make some big declaration or use the ladies bathroom, they will not know. People will have to take the motive for your dressing as the one you portay. It's not as if you are an axe murderer or a drug addict. You are not committing any crime or harming anyone. Even if you are suspected of being a CD it does not affect your work performance or status. So unless you have a SO who objects then go for it. If you don't you will always regret it. For me it wouldn't be about declaring myself as a CD, it would simply be a chance to wear a gorgeous gown in a public place and be accepted.
    Fiona O

Follow your dream.
    Quote Originally Posted by msginaadoll View Post
    My opinion, if you dress people will know.they will figure out who you are as well as it's not just for fun. If you are ready to come out as cd go for it. If not don't do it!
    I agree 100% with this advice.

You would need to decide what impact it would have on your career if (when!) they all figure it out. For many people, it just isn't worth it.

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    3000 people at a Xmas party? Where is this taking place???.....

Banned Read only
    If making a living, eating, having a roof over your head are important to you and you are not out at work, I would nix the idea. As fun as it may seem at the moment, living out on the streets in the middle of winter isn't my idea of cozy. I know people who have lost their jobs over less.

It would indeed be tempting. Will they be asking for your invitations? Will they be unmasking during the coarse of the evening? So often, we find the formal masquerade to be an occasion where other than the masks, it is a regular formal ball, where the women dress to the nines, and the men all wear the same black tuxedo. But I can see why you're looking into the possibilities.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Sure, it's tempting. All it takes is one clod, especially if s/he is a supervisor, to make trouble for you afterwards, either personally or professionally, or both.

This isn't a risk I would be willing to take, but that's me.

Banned Read only
    My Daddy used to tell me...." For all I care you can run naked screaming in the streets but don't get drunk or do something stupid at the company Christmas party".

A masquerade ball sounds like a lot of fun. I was actually looking at some beautiful ball gowns the other night that would be perfect for something like that, but if you ask me, I would rather scrape the goo out of a scavenge space than attend an office christmas party, never mind how I'm dressed.

Thanks for all the replys ,a lot of you seem to be worried about it , but of cause it's chance to take but it is a firm that is 70 % women and most are young happening people out for fun!!, the other major thing is lots know I am the only guy in a dept of 20 women and they have decided all to go as a group with a theme , so I can easily make it look like I am dressing to be part of them and just up for a bit of fun and that's what it's all about , they would see it as a bit of fun not as something serious , so that's also why I think it could be a fun idea.+ it's not often you get to wear great dresses out like that so I also see it as a chance not to miss

Hi,

Pernille,

I have been to two of our masked balls tho not as many people tho that would not bother me.

i'm well known have my pics taken by our camara guy or lady. & i do camara work as well for our groups, so when i was doing the pics my mask is off & very little make up. its about how comforable you are being seen ,

& so what if they know you or see you, talk with them its a big do & as you say ....fun.... so do it & have fun. dont miss out on a fantastic night out...who cares ,

Okay , The bet is , do it , have a blast & get some neat comments later.. other wise miss out & wish you had, you'd be nuts not to do it, & ......i EXPECT..... to see a pic or two....okay....

...noeleena...

the happy camper
    Quote Originally Posted by pernille d View Post
    I am the only guy in a dept of 20 women and they have decided all to go as a group with a theme , so I can easily make it look like I am dressing to be part of them and just up for a bit of fun and that's what it's all about , they would see it as a bit of fun not as something serious , so that's also why I think it could be a fun idea.+ it's not often you get to wear great dresses out like that so I also see it as a chance not to miss
    Sounds like you've made up your mind, and you may be right. As I said, you know your coworkers better than we do. Hope you have a great time! I look forward to hearing all about it.

Well if 3000 people take there Christmas party serious, and you want to pull off something as a lark, it's sounds like people might think you where making fun of there party. My daddy always said there was a time and place for everything, I'm just not sure it's the right time, or place, but then the worse that could happen, is you get to start out the New Year, with a fresh start, new job and everything.
    It'ssurprisingg how many people are shocked when they tell someone they thought would be accepting, and got torn down for it, you have at least 3000 chances to find that one person. Good Luck with it.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Just remember! You can't please everyone, so you might as well please yourself! I'D DO IT! Just have fun! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone: