Thread: Interesting Visit to a local store.

Interesting Visit to a local store.

So i went to my favorite plus size ladies store today and when I approached the door the manager and her district manager were standing outside. As I approached the manager called me over and said, "Michelle I would like you to meet my boss". I was somewhat stunned by this but I made nice with the boss anyway. i went in and found a couple of things and as the manager was ringing me up I asked if they were hiring. (my quasi daughter in law is looking). She asked "is that for you?" I don't know what possessed me but I said yes. She seemed pleased by that answer and said "let me get you an application". She went and got it and as she handed it to me she said "when you bring that back make sure to give it to me."

I was floored!! I have been thinking of looking for a part time job but figured, who would hire a TG? I'm sure she knows, it's one place I have been open about it. Is it really that simple? Is it all I have to do is ask. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I can't stop thinking about it.

What do you make of this??
    I believe therefore I can [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I simply say "you go girl". If it is a store you enjoy shopping at, I am sure you will enjoy working there. I say return the application and get to work! Sounds fun.

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    Won't your daughter-in-law be upset?.........

A job offer? In a recession? That will let you dress at work? You have GOT to be kidding. TAKE THE JOB!!!
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Banned Read only
    Michelle, take a look at your signature line. Doesn't it say,"I believe therefore I can"?

I say give it a try. If they like you as it appears, it may be the perfect job for you. GO FOR IT!

Danni
    I'M FREE, I'M FREE! I GET TO BE ME!

"A job offer? In a recession? That will let you dress at work? You have GOT to be kidding. TAKE THE JOB!!!" not to mention an employee discount on clothes! Hell yeah,go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by donnatracey View Post
    Won't your daughter-in-law be upset?.........
    That's an element that never occurred to me? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Dee D View Post
    "A job offer? In a recession? That will let you dress at work? You have GOT to be kidding. TAKE THE JOB!!!" not to mention an employee discount on clothes! Hell yeah,go for it!
    I am returning the application today. Oh yes, I am thinking about that discount.

You go girl! Sounds like a peice of heaven on earth! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

UPDATE

So today I went back and turned in the application. She looked at it for a minute or two and asked if I would be interested in working at either store or maybe both. I indicated that I was and she then said "I will be doing interviews Friday. Are you available?" I said "yes". She then told me she would call me with time and location. I am sitting here with eager anticipation and one hand on the phone.

Aspiring Member
    The best of luck to you Michelle.

Kitty

Wow, what a wonderful story. Please, please keep us updated on the outcome. Good Luck!

Katie

Platinum Member
    Congratulations, Michelle! I wish you luck on the interview and applaud your initiative! I mean, really, how many of us can say we make money by CDing?!?!

Good things for good people simple as that

Wow. If you can do it and doesn't cause family problems then why not. I couldn't think of anything more fun than quitting my construction job and working, starting out as an assistant at a beauty parlor

Good luck with the interview. That would be a dream job for most of us.
    https://www.facebook.com/josee.k.moore
    On my way to being whole.
    Jessica Katherine Moore

oUTSTANDING girl, you got it all together......now I'll be sitting on the edge of my chair waiting to find out how the interview went and when you will start work. By the way, if you don.t mind which store are you interviewing for. If unconmfortable putting the info in a reply, you can PM me and thanks.
    Alice

There might be an element of "business acumen" in the manager's thinking, in that you might refer a lot of us gals to that store to spend money.

Quote Originally Posted by boardpuppy View Post
    oUTSTANDING girl, you got it all together......now I'll be sitting on the edge of my chair waiting to find out how the interview went and when you will start work. By the way, if you don.t mind which store are you interviewing for. If unconmfortable putting the info in a reply, you can PM me and thanks.
    Alice
    I will definitely share that once I get the job or don't. She says not wanting to jinx it.

what happened to your interview?

Wow Michelle; that's fantastic! SOOOO....how'd it go??? We are dying to know!!

Hugs,
    Jen

I honestly believe (may be wishful thinking on my part) that people and businesses are far more accepting of what a person wears (as long as its tastefull) than we realize. Now we all know, there are acceptions, we have all read the stories about someone getting thrown out of a store, or getting beat up because of how they were dressed.
    "I am Yin & Yang, North & South, Night & Day, Feminine & Masculine" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64235483@N02/

No word yet. I'm assuming she meant she would be interviewing this coming Friday, but as yet I have not received a call. Don't know whether I should try to call her or maybe just drop in tomorrow. I could use a few things anyway. LOL