Thread: Sometimes a song says it all

The FW side of DFW, TX, but New Orleans is my adopted home town

Sometimes a song says it all

This song came back to me reading a post earlier today. There is a sublime message in the lyrics which applies to many of us here, I think. I felt compelled to share it.

http://youtu.be/pggTUWWkuNY

The rest of the story:

I begged for this particular album for my birthday. Believe it or not, I wanted it on 8-track!

<side note for those of you under 30>
    song=track
    album=CD (sort of like a playlist)
    I won't even try to explain an 8-track
    -----

Anyway, my crazy aunt bought me not only this album, but one other AND a Walkman so I could listen to the cassettes. This ended up becoming my favorite song. I would literally sing it to myself as I shoveled manure, cut down cedars, or did any other menial ranch task back in the good ol' days (or should I mention, dressed in my dad's girlfriend's clothes)...

Hope you like it.

Hugs,
    Torrey
    Last edited by Torrey; 10-06-2011 at 03:28 PM.
    Torrey

"Never laugh, and you will live to regret it.
    That's what living is to me..." - Jimmy Buffett

https://www.facebook.com/torrey.stephens

The FW side of DFW, TX, but New Orleans is my adopted home town
    I just clicked it & it worked...believe that's one of those shortened links that they use for all the phone-surfing-type folks...
    Torrey

"Never laugh, and you will live to regret it.
    That's what living is to me..." - Jimmy Buffett

https://www.facebook.com/torrey.stephens

Gee! And I thought I had all of Mac's songs! Oh well it's hard for me to be humble! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Oh Torrey, you are so dating me! My mom LOVED Mac Davis and we all know just how long ago he was on the charts! I do remember that song though.