Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lets Get to the Real Benefit of an Orchiectomy

Coda...
    Traci, you have put so many words in my mouth and judged me whilest quoting statements I made that contradict your statements regarding me. How do you know how many CD, TG, and TS people I have helped in real life and online with no judgement?

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Katesback View Post
    Well as ya wish I suppose. And if you wish to say that no matter what one does they are never a woman makes you fit in really well in this forum. Probably make you a very good activist as well.
    Grow up!

Your immaturity and vicious attacks on anyone who doesn't worship the ground you walk on are sickening.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

As I have said before SRS changes you. It technically is the beginning of a whole new transition. If you have not had srs then you cannot know. I thought I was all woman before srs but a wise ts told me shortly before srs that it will all change after surgery. Of couse like so many pre girls I did not believe her. I was wrong. Now days I can look back with the wisdom of knowing and say that prior to srs you have training wheels and fun. After it becomes a LOT more real.

By the way for just over 12000 dollars one can get srs by a well known and respected doctor in thailand. That price includes hotel and airfare. I am sorry but I cannot believe that srs is out of the relm of possibility of most people that REALLY want it.
    As much as I hate to, I have to agree with you totally on this. I'm still pre-op for the moment, but I know several post-op girls here and they say the same things. I came into my transition with an open mind on how things were, and this is one thing I do believe. And yes, with the prices of SRS in Thailand, there;s no real reason to make any excuses on not getting it done, barring health issues of course. I am unemployed, have been for 4 years, and am unable to work, but I know for a fact I'll have the money in just a few years. Money issues make no sense to me. I pay a $70 a month cell bill, go through a 6 pack of water a day, and a pack to pack and a half of ciggs a day, and my trucks gas tank is always full. Even unemployed and with no gov't assistance, I have plenty of money. So there really isn't an excuse to not get it done. I'm just saving up money and waiting.

Psyco Roller Derby Doll. Katesback's Avatar
    Ya know rianna I have never attacked anyone on this forum and for a long time lived with you and many others attacking me. One of my favorites was just the other day with one of the rocket scientists with her devine wisdom said I was a biggot and then went on to say that I HATE trans people. I am not sure how she got her magical powers because I have never been able to read other peoples minds but damm she can. So that makes her a tranny and a mystic.

The irony is I express my opinions and points of view. I honestly could care less if you agree with them or not. When it becomes entertaining is when you and the rest of them start attacking my points of view.

You and all you other pre op girls that think you know what your talking about truely are entertaining! I mean where else can one come and read this stuff? Really.

Katie

Quote Originally Posted by Rianna Humble View Post
    Grow up!

Your immaturity and vicious attacks on anyone who doesn't worship the ground you walk on are sickening.
    Last edited by Katesback; 10-10-2011 at 07:53 AM.

Orchi= the married TS persons common ave. Orcie is a cop out to remain married because the man parts are still there.
    Hey, hey what about the married person having SRS...... I plan to remain married...
    "Never forget the many ways there are to be human" (The Transsexual Taboo)

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Are you even reading what you quoted? I wrote that you can't say transexuals that still have penises are not women. But how can you say you are gender dysphoric when you WANT to keep one of the biggest determinents of gender that is entirely fixable?
    God I wish people would not conflate gender and sex. If you do everyone is a woman as long as they say so. The idea that you can be anything no matter the biological realities is very alien to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Traci Elizabeth View Post
    Many of us, myself included say we want an Orchiectomy but do we really know why? I mean what is the benefit say in my personal example:

From the 2 years on large doses of Spiro, my testes have shrunk up so much that they are almost non-existed and have totally retracted up inside if me.

So what would an Orchiectomy do for me that is not already done with Spiro?

My testes don't hang down, they are not visible whatsoever,they don't effect me wearing a swimsuit, and I certainly can't sit on them or be hurt from them by accident and they are not in the way -- their hidden up inside me.

To me it NOW comes down to having an Orchiectomy with the risks that might occur and long recovery or taking Spiro (which to me seems a lot safer and does wonders for my blood pressure).

Am I missing any other benefits?
    Going back to the original post: I think yu summed it up just fine. Orchiectomy is in my view a medical procedure that is used in certain situations such as testicular cancer, prostate cancer etc to ensure the survival of the individual. It does reduce testicular testosterone production to zero, which is more than simply taking Spiro. So it becomes a matter of where are you headed. If you are heading to SRS then why have an orchie. If you want to keep your penis, by all means have an orchie.

Orchi= the married TS persons common ave. Orcie is a cop out to remain married because the man parts are still there.
    Not true. I'm post-SRS and married. My wife accompianed me for FFS and took care of me post-op. She could not go with me for SRS due to her work but took a week off to care of me when I returned. My SRS surgery buddy is married. Our wives met in May of this year. The patient next in line behind me for SRS visited the day before her surgery. She was married also.

Married post-ops are much more common than you think Kate.
    Last edited by mustlovedogs; 10-10-2011 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mustlovedogs View Post
    Not true. I'm post-SRS and married. My wife accompianed me for FFS and took care of me post-op. She could not go with me for SRS due to her work but took a week off to care of me when I returned. My SRS surgery buddy is married. Our wives met in May of this year. The patient next in line behind me for SRS visited the day before her surgery. She was married also.

Married post-ops are much more common than you think Kate.
    I would have to agree with Mustlovethedogs on this one. I am also married and post-op just like Mustlovethedogs. Married post-op's are much more common then you think, you just don't hear much from them. Everybody seems to think SRS is the end to a marriage, but that is not true in allot of cases. It takes allot of hard work and communication to stabalize the marriage and make it work. I know it was hard especially with 2 sons ages 12 and 11 who fully support me. I know GID sucks, but i'm a much happier person today as the woman i was meant to be. I had no choice but to transition and my wife understood that

Congrats on the marraige. I found that because my ex is a wonderful person and we have kids, we are still close and still care about each other. Bbecause I frankly was a poor husband, but a true friend and companion, it really doesn't feel that different to me than our marriage... She remarried and I hope she is happy ...

When I had srs in Arizona I met a wonderful couple that stayed married.

Silver Member
    You and all you other pre op girls that think you know what your talking about truely are entertaining!e
    You and all the other.... oh it's just YOU, who think that because you got SRS that you are somehow better than everyone and know everything. THAT is truly entertaining!

But me thinks you've always been this way... you don't really grow into this kind of ignorance. It's always been there.

...Women don't have penises...
    Actually, in that sense, women never had penises.

Lallie
    Time for a change.

I think one of the biggest reasons to have an orchi if you are going to be unable to have SRS in the next 12-24 months is the simple reality that HRT is more effective after an orchi. Yes, Spiro can and does lower ones T, but it doesn't do it immediately, nor does it happen perfectly. Not having the testosterone factories eliminates the issue all together. No T to block, means no T to interfere with your E, means more effective feminisation from your E. That is a bonus that is worth the 2K, even if it wasn't offset by other savings.

And then there is the reality of the cost difference. My Spiro currently costs me about $60/mo. And now that my dosage has gone up, that price will go up with it. That is a real-world cost, not a "we found it for way cheeper on the internet 5 years ago" cost. That means that in less than 33 months, my orchi is free... and the other benefits are gravy. I am probably looking at 5 years before I can have SRS for a variety of reasons, including financial... so having the orchi will actually be LESS expensive over the long term.

While Traci has had some great results with size reduction, not all of us will. In fact according to my endo, that sort of result is unusual. Drat. Personally I have other, lets say, issues, that mean that I will NEVER have that sort of reduction in size. I can't even tuck pain-free. The only way I will look right in a swim-suit (To say nothing of size 8 jeans) in the next 5 years is going to be post-orchi.

And then there is the issue of side-effects. I have only been doing this for about 7 months - but I am already sick of having to pee RIGHT NOW. I am also sick of the leg cramps... and god only knows what else the spiro, in doses large enough to make my pharmacist look at me over her glasses and remind me in no uncertain terms, every time I have my prescription filled, to never take my doses within 8 hours of one another, is doing to the rest of my body. I would like to still have a liver in 5 years. God damn it, if I am going to poison my liver, it had damn well better be with alcohol. Reducing the side-effects is a big issue.

When you add it up, an orchi will be cheeper, it will make my HRT more effective, it will allow me to wear normal clothes without pain, and it will allow me to avoid unwanted side-effects. Why is it I don't want to do this again?

About the other garbage happening in this thread:

I find it truly disappointing when post-op girls turn around and try to pull the ladder up behind themselves. This behavior is nothing more than in-group / out-group border maintenance. It is the same garbage that is at the root of racism, and it is a big component of what makes most churches such miserable places to be. It is based in the same insecurity that makes teen girls mock us as viciously as they do. Teenaged girls mock us because they are suffering from crushing levels of insecurity, and they manage that insecurity by trying to prove that they are a part of the in-group by as publicly as possible rejecting those who they perceive to be a part of the out-group. In the case of our post-op sisters, the insecurity felt is about identity, and they try to prove to the cis world that they really are women, by denying womanity to those of us who a large portion of the population think aren't really women after all. They try to claim their legitimacy at the expense of ours. Which ultimately will be self defeating. It is also bullshit, and it is not what sisters do to one another. So - for all of you post-op girls who used to be my sisters, and who have since decided that I am not as good as you are because I haven't yet paid the 20K to a very skilled surgeon to craft a vagina for me. Fine. We aren't sisters. I am comfortable with that. But it isn't because I am not a woman, it's because unlike the teen girls you emulate, I have a soul.

It is sadly true, that the biggest transphobe is invariably another transgirl... I always assumed that like with homophobes that this only applied to those still in the closet. I am starting to think it applies to insecure post-ops too.
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe

We're all out here hanging off the cliff by the same slender branch, and yet we're chewing away at it.

Lallie
    Time for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Hope View Post
    ....So - for all of you post-op girls who used to be my sisters, and who have since decided that I am not as good as you are because I haven't yet paid the 20K to a very skilled surgeon to craft a vagina for me. Fine. We aren't sisters. I am comfortable with that. But it isn't because I am not a woman, it's because unlike the teen girls you emulate, I have a soul.

It is sadly true, that the biggest transphobe is invariably another transgirl... I always assumed that like with homophobes that this only applied to those still in the closet. I am starting to think it applies to insecure post-ops too.
    Really, that is your conclusion? That post op persons don't have a soul and are transphobes?

Dont forget that she also concluded that the post-op girls are insecure, and emulate teenage girls. I am not sure how she assumes there is a sisterhood. Perhaps its from going to conferences and hanging out with other women with penises. Also she appears to overlook the magic that happens after SRS and assumes shes a woman now. Perhaps thats why once a girl gets srs she often says hell with the tranny stuff and moves on and you dont hear from her again. I dont think that has anything to do with insecurity or emulating teen girls but hey some might feel it does. I have had people ask me why am I here. well as I said the other day, "where else can one come and read such entertaining stuff". It kind of reminds me of reading the Onion but its real here or at least real to some.

P.S. While you can certainly pay $20,000 for SRS there are good doctors doing it for a LOT cheaper. The doc I went to is just over $10,000. Thats less than a new car and well within the relm of most peoples abilities. Add airfare and hotel and its just over $12,000. Still cheaper than a new car.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathryn Martin View Post
    Really, that is your conclusion? That post op persons don't have a soul and are transphobes?
    Last edited by Katesback; 10-12-2011 at 08:18 AM.

Many of us, myself included say we want an Orchiectomy but do we really know why? I mean what is the benefit say in my personal example:

From the 2 years on large doses of Spiro, my testes have shrunk up so much that they are almost non-existed and have totally retracted up inside if me.

So what would an Orchiectomy do for me that is not already done with Spiro?

My testes don't hang down, they are not visible whatsoever,they don't effect me wearing a swimsuit, and I certainly can't sit on them or be hurt from them by accident and they are not in the way -- their hidden up inside me.

To me it NOW comes down to having an Orchiectomy with the risks that might occur and long recovery or taking Spiro (which to me seems a lot safer and does wonders for my blood pressure).

Am I missing any other benefits?
    Also going back to the original question, my body has changed more in the seven months since SRS than it did in the 2.5 years prior on Androcur. Losing the T factory is essential to full feminization. If SRS is not feasible, I would consider it in your case.
    It's Frances with an E, like Frances Farmer. Francis is a man's name.

Fwiw... Most people that have th orchi procedure are happy with it.

It's better than t blockers. and it's relatively safe.

The whole debate over what it means is another question.

Hope you are pissing in the wind...(which I can't really do anymore..hehe) with this whole transphobia thing. If you keep this up you will accuse everyone in the forum of it by early next year.

They ALSO don't have a prostrate gland or an Adams apple or male pattern baldness, or a brow ridge, large palms, and a host of other physical differences. SO I guess if you want to rest your laurels on facts, then you are not a woman either.
    Now are you!
    Actually, all of those things are found in women in varying degrees. Sandra Bullock's adam's apple is quite obvious and moves around a lot when she speaks. I have seen bigger brow ridges than mine on women, and some of my male friends have the tinniest of hands. I see women with receiding hair lines (male patterned) all the time on my way to work.

Women born transsexual have penises. Some choose to correct their birth defect, some decide to live with it. SRS, however, is a huge game changer in a very unexpected way.
    It's Frances with an E, like Frances Farmer. Francis is a man's name.

Coda...
    Hope, you yourself posted in another thread how much a difference your gender maker change made after you did it. And you didn't think it would make a difference before you made it. Why can't you allow for the view of post-op girls that SRS is even a greater change, even though as pre-ops they perhaps didn't view it as such?

And calling anyone who doesn't agree with you a transphobe is goofy. I have scores of transman, transwomen, pre-op, cd'er, genderqueer, etc friends. And sure seem to be laughing and having a good time with them in pictures. Some of which are public. I have given talks that were archived. Sure doesn't sound like someone afraid of trans people/issues to me...

Not sure where I am yet Jay Cee's Avatar
    All those who get their hackles up reading what Kate says really should click the "ignore" option. You know she loves getting a reaction, and I doubt she is disappointed very often.

I'm not far enough along this transexual journey to offer a valid opinion on whether or not having a penis still allows someone to be a woman. At this point, I don't care.

What I do care about is seeing the kind folks here answering the questions posted, instead of going on the warpath. Please, please consider that option.

Quote Originally Posted by Frances View Post
    Women born transsexual have penises. Some choose to correct their birth defect, some decide to live with it. SRS, however, is a huge game changer in a very unexpected way.
    What is it about this sentence that turns intelligent thinking people into people that cannot understand the meaning of words..!!! and i mean that in the nicest possible way...
    nobody except one or two people are judging anybody... nobody except one or two people are saying you are not a woman...

we even have posters that believe we can NEVER be women...just "the best approximation"...

this is not a controversial thing...this is a discussion of WHAT PEOPLE ARE DOING ABOUT A PROBLEM>>...not whether anybody is a "woman" or not...

Hey if you say you are a woman, then i can't argue with you.....

I will admit in total and complete honesty, sometimes i think about how incredibly difficult this has been, and all the crap i have put up with...and i think of what i gave up.. and i think of what i got for doing all this.....
    and sometimes i read posts that are so full of self justification, anxiety, or obvious shame (This makes me so sad, because i feel alot of shame), that i have reacted to those posts by being obnoxious and maybe feeling quite justified myself!!!
    and thats when i think to myself, just do something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aside from entertainment I have to say that I have all along been pretty clear. I personally like all the people here was born with a problem. I spent my time reflecting and got it corrected. Along the way I learned a lot of things and met a lot of trans people. I then worked for a while helping trans people in health related circumstances. I have to say that I have met a ton of train wrecks some post op but most pre op.

In the end I really dont care what you do but I will say this. You are a transsexual if you take your transition seriously with the goal to get SRS (and FFS in many cases). If you dont have those goals your NOT a transsexual. Your trans something and thats fine but not transsexual.

Finally I was born a woman. I had a problem and got it fixed. That fact does not make me better than anyone else but it does mean I have lived through a process that VERY few have. For anyone who has not lived through it to suggest they can forsee what life will be like after SRS is at best entertaining and at worse stupid. It would be like me suggesting I know what it is like to race in a race car like Dannica Patric does. I have never raced and surely would sound like a fool to think I could understand what it is like for her.

It is true that for someone to really be a woman in all respects (as modern medicine allows) they must have SRS. If one has not had it then sure they can call themselves a woman like I did prior to SRS but truthfully I can look back now and say that the pre days are a time to learn and evolve for after SRS it all becomes a lot more real. That is why so few post op girls stick around the community. They moved past this ever present disfunction and suffering and evolved into the best chance they could have to be normal. Thier choice to leave the community is not turning thier back as much as evolution. They grew up and left the nest and now live thier lives in hopefully a normal fassion.

I have seen some people here say that no matter what (srs or not) a trassexual will never be a woman. I would advise any of those people that they really should do some soul searching because with that attitude they are already setting themselves up for failure. To remain perpetually a tranny is one of the worse things a person can do. As stated before ask any long time activist if they regret being out and the answer is yes. For someone to voluntarily admit to themselves and the world they are trans is cutting thier throats for any chance to be normal. In the pre days it is hard to understand this concept but then thats one of the changes that happen after SRS. Everything becomes really normal if your lucky.

I used to have that desire to help people but sadly of all the populations I have worked with the trans community is the worse when it comes to listening and learning for those with experience. It is like every trans person has to re-invent the wheel and they overlook the fact that someone before them has already done that. The orchie question is a perfect example. This is a recurring question in the trans community. Barring a serious medical condition a real transsexual would never get an orchie because it still leaves them with male parts and thats silly.

One of the other post op girls said the other day in reflection that it might be about time she hangs up her hat in this forum and calls it quits. I understand her feelings. I know my days are also numbered. Truthfully the reason I remain here is for the entertainment value. I gave up trying to help the serious transsexual that is here for real information. Based on what I have read over time I doubt there really are that many serious people that come here. I just have to remind myself how few ever actually get SRS and the bell goes off.

I have said before that I could care less if someone is a crossdresser, gender screw, or whatever. If they want to go out and proclaim that they are a tranny and become an activist thats fine as well. What I do care about is that they understand that they are not like me and I would guess the unspoken post op girls. For the most part we choose to live our lives as normal as we can and there is no chance in hell that one of the former mentioned people are like us. We are the rarest of the rare doing whatever we can to live a normal life and we are NOT sisters to that group.

That does not make a post op better it only means they have choose to live a normal life. So I ask you if thats what you want and if you really want it then are you preparred to execute your plans. If so then welcome to the world of a real transsexual woman. Or perhaps as time goes by you will just call yourself a woman because you lived through the hell and crap and all that and now you know what life is like to be normal. When you get there you will have my and many post op girls appreciation and perhaps a sisterhood of the few that REALLY did it and came out normal.

Katie
    Last edited by Katesback; 10-12-2011 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathryn Martin View Post
    My conclusion is that those post-op girls who deny the rest of us our identity and behave like insecure teenagers are soulless teenagers. Yes. That is not to say that all post-op girls are, only the soulless insecure ones. Who have very loudly and repeatedly self-identified in this thread.

Hope, you yourself posted in another thread how much a difference your gender maker change made after you did it. And you didn't think it would make a difference before you made it. Why can't you allow for the view of post-op girls that SRS is even a greater change, even though as pre-ops they perhaps didn't view it as such?
    Sure. I have said that my legal stuff was a huge change for me. The part you don't seem to get is that it doesn't make me deny everyone else who hasn't had a name change the same status. I don't think that those who haven't had a legal name change are less than I am. I don't go about talking about how they are not real women or not really serious. Get it?

And calling anyone who doesn't agree with you a transphobe is goofy. I have scores of transman, transwomen, pre-op, cd'er, genderqueer, etc friends. And sure seem to be laughing and having a good time with them in pictures. Some of which are public. I have given talks that were archived. Sure doesn't sound like someone afraid of trans people/issues to me...
    I am sure you have lots of black friends and gay friends too! I bet you even let them in your house! The ones who are really black, and the ones who are really gay I mean.
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe

Coda...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope View Post
    ...I am sure you have lots of black friends and gay friends too! I bet you even let them in your house! The ones who are really black, and the ones who are really gay I mean.
    Yes Hope you have clearly identified yourself as an "insecure" one. I don't think I'm too good for anybody just because I'm post-op, ask anyone who met me at SCC last month. This was a truly shitty remark to have made towards me, and I resent the implication more than you know.