Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Worried about your height?

I am 6'1" when I have a 5“ tall jar of Jif peanut butter strapped to the bottom of each foot. People used to comment on my height, but I feel that had a lot to do with them noticing the jars of peanut butter. When I started wearing 5" heels, the comments subsided... (About the jars of peanut butter anyway...lol).

Physical Attractiveness is an individual judgment call influenced by the number of traits that match your personal preferences. For me, being “tall” is not a limiting factor to attractiveness. Watching women’s professional tennis proves that if anything, height is an asset.

Focusing specifically upon the relationship between height and the ability to “blend in” in a crowd, I think being shorter does provide some advantages.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle_cder View Post
    5'7" here wish I was a bit taller, Im so envious of those tall girl legs!
    Here too, but it is nice to be able to wear skyscraper heels and not be so tall that I stick out too badly!

I'm 6'2" before heels and the other night I was out at a club wearing my new 4"heels and a girl at the table next to me commented that she loved the heels I have on and where did I find them? I told her and she was very greatful, she too wore larger size heels, she also congratulated me on how well I could navigate in heels, she thought I was doing better than most girls wearing 4" heels.

Not really. I'm 5'7" which is taller than the average woman, but there's plenty of women I come across on a daily basis, way, way, taller than me. If I had my choice, I'd be 5'2" or so, but this is good enough.

I am a solid 6'2". ...

Living out there every day. I rarely wear heels..and I notice that 5'11" seems to be the max height girls wear heels..

I get asked about my height once a week or so...that's it...

If I am asked in a nice way I just smile and chat... If it's a guy I tell him I am 11' 5" and watch him stammer..

One thing that Ive heard a couple times is a mom coming to me and saying she has a tall daughter, and she wishes she could show her daughter how I don't slouch.,,, Don't slouch!!!!

This is a great thread Definitely a bit of a boost, I'll be going out in heels for the first time ever (I'm 6ft tall) and I was getting really paranoid about it! I just need to make sure I nail 'the walk' (tips are highly encouraged by the way! ) and be/look as confident as possible!

I don't know what all the concern is about. I'm 6'2" and always wear 5" high heels when I dress - whether it's in a party dress, skirt and blouse, lingerie, or in a nice pair of cork wedges for a day in the sun. It's me and I think it looks good - which, really girls, is all that matters!

Christine

I'm 6'1" and won't wear heels anywhere where there are people around. I'm already a head taller than most people, and don't want to add 4 more inches onto that and draw even MORE attention.

I WILL wear heels around the house, when walking alone, or when going to some kind of CD event where where drawing attention just isn't as much of an issue.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

Aspiring Member Michelle Crossfire's Avatar
    I am 6' and wear at least 4" heels. For me, heels are essential, although i should look into a pair of flats for long walks.

Its not really an issue for me. I am only 5'6" and now I cant remember if that was with or without shoes..(reg shoes not heels)
    So I wearing heels would not be a huge issue for me.
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987

I am 6'6 and I Love to wear heels. I don't care if someone might think I am too tall with them. They are beautiful shoes and they make my legs look Amazing.

Hi Mikaela,

I'm not overly tall, but at 6 ft 2 Tash does kinda stand out a bit.

I have got to know several SA's at the malls I frequent, and they echo your OP about my height, esp when I have a dress like the one in my avatar. I'm still a bit self conscious though and won't wear any shoes with a 2 inch heel to the mall.

Tash

I worried about it at first...now since I go out all the time I don't even think about it. There are so many women that are tall.
    My wife tells me that people look at me ...but it's 'cause I'm tall, so let them look. After all, I do have fabulous legs...
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I'm 5'10" flat-footed...and so is Cindy Crawford. How many short models can you list? How many tall models can you list? Do models where high heels?

I walked out of a party last night in a wiggle dress and 4" peep-toe pumps. (I had to walk on gravel and it messed them up, but I looked damn good doing it!) And, everyone at that party stared me up and down.

At 5'10"...I have curves, a long torso, and long legs...I don't look frumpy because I have a waist. A shorter woman with my curves would probably look really round and frumpy.

Haters gonna hate...and they did. Don't take no flack from short people...and, wear your heels so that you can look down on them!!! MWAHAHAHA
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

I'm a tall 6'1" large frame sz 18 lady according to my SO and wear a size 11 ladies shoe up +3" more Many many times I wished was smaller and shorter. For a while anytime I saw an outfit that was super neat it never came in a 18.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Silver Member
    I'm 5'10". When I was in high school I was mortified at my height. I was always the tallest girl in the room.

In my 30s I wore heels so high I got nose bleed. I didn't care. I wanted to be noticed and I was.

Now, in the flush of maturity, I never wear heels. It's flats for me, all the time. But I certainly remember how much fun those heels were. Oh my, yes.

S

Quote Originally Posted by StarrOfDelite View Post
    I lost the link, but a while back I had a list of all the famous and mostly beautiful women who were five foot eight inches or taller. Some of the prominent names I remember are Lucy Lawless, Nicole Kidman, Sean Young, Sigourney Weaver and Darryl Hannah. The list was quite long.
    Sounds like you mean this page, from femulate.org:

http://sites.google.com/site/femulate/Home/being-tall-1

There are plenty of tall girls out there, but as GGs they are rare past 5 10'. At 6' I'd prefer to be 3 or 5 inches shorter. It is harder, as several people have noted, to blend in at this height, particularly in 3 1/2 heels or taller. But remember, you don't look as tall sitting down, or at a distance. At 165 I stand a chance, and, even if I don't "pass" I am still happy to be the girl I am. Have confidence, walk tall and don't let people bring you down.
    Christine

I'm always the tallest. I stand out at 6'06" and 190. I hear that "I wish I was tall" so many times. Truth is I wish I was shorter....lol.
    "If you think you can or can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

I'm 6'2" and broad shoulders and big arms. I'm going out in 2 weeks. Don't think I could ever pass so I won't try real hard, I realize theres nothing you can do about it. Just try to look your best and have a good time! BTW Ru Paul is apparently one big girl...

I'm only 5'09", so i am lucky in a sense

In response to the OP, I am not particularly worried about my height. Even with my highest heels (4.5") I am only 5' 8.5" tall. My biggest worry is my weight. Fortunately, I have seen numerous sites that target larger GGs and have pictures. I try to emulate those ladies, as they are larger yet they still look very attractive with nice knee length dresses and 4 - 5" heels.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Prissy Girl View Post
    I'm 6'2" and broad shoulders and big arms. I'm going out in 2 weeks. Don't think I could ever pass so I won't try real hard, I realize theres nothing you can do about it. Just try to look your best and have a good time! BTW Ru Paul is apparently one big girl...
    I saw him in early September I think, in drab, at one of the clubs. He was about eye level with me when I was in heels, so like 6'4"? But he's not out to pass, he's an entertainer.
    —Mikaela

I wear whatever styles I like. I'm almost 6'3" so I am tall. I'm not trying to hide.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Shananigans View Post
    Haters gonna hate...and they did. Don't take no flack from short people...and, wear your heels so that you can look down on them!!! MWAHAHAHA
    I'll second that!

I am 6'1" and usually will wear 4" heels if I am meeting or presenting a project to a client. I have curves, a long torso, and some say legs to kill for. I have been told I make quite an entrance even though I am simply walking into a room. They say I do get their attention.