Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How feminine are you?

How feminine are you?

I have meet some girls who look amazing, truly wonderful until they open their mouths! Then the whole illusion is blown, for they talk like a regular guy, who happens to be dressed as a girl.
    I have met other guys who as they dress and apply their makeup, a change comes over them, and they gradually change into a woman, in speech and mannerisms.

Second question, how feminine are you when in drab, has anyone made any remarks that sugest that your feminine side in overflowing into your male world?

So what's wrong with being a regular guy (sounding) that dresses like a girl?
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Starting with your second question first when I'm dressed in drab I'm not feminine at all. When I dress enfemme and put on my makeup a complete metamorphosis takes place, especially when it comes to my sexual desires. In my for distant youth I dreamed quite often that as an adult I would live as a woman, who wanted to be married to a man. During my 33 years marriage, I seldom dressed enfemme and had no such desires, after my wife died, in 2002, I dress almost enfemme almost every day and went 24/7 in 2003, porged, and resumed 24/7 by 2004. I want to be desired by men and be an object of their desires. There must be something in the water, or maybe the clothes. Then again I might be a little weird. My voice stays more or less the same enfemme or drab.
    Last edited by ArleneRaquel; 10-10-2011 at 03:31 PM.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Belfast Bill View Post
    I have meet some girls who look amazing, truly wonderful until they open their mouths! Then the whole illusion is blown, for they talk like a regular guy, who happens to be dressed as a girl.
    Oh great, yet another Procrustes' Bed.

As far as the voice thing goes, I can't help it. My voice is naturally deep - I would get confused with my dad on the phone when I was in middle school. Though I do change my mannerisms and movement quite a bit when dressed, which my ex didn't really appreciate. As for your second question, everything feminine disappears with the clothes. I return to the average dude and there haven't been remarks made about being effeminate. Though I have been asked about shaved pits, I just say I dislike body hair (which I do)

I try to be very feminine, but my voice is certainly man...I don't know how to convert it!!!! I try to invoke mannerisms, but I need a lot, I mean a lot of work!!!! :-)

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I was born a man, and all these years later that fact has not changed. Yes, I certainly do dress feminine, but my voice and my mannerisms are still masculine. My dear late wife on occasion did say that my femininiety was showing through, but she was the only one who saw it! At least I think she was!! And I don't care, since I am not trying to be a woman! I am just wearing their clothes!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Sometimes in drab...my wife will ask me a question and "Diana's" voice pops out...opps

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    So what's wrong with being a regular guy (sounding) that dresses like a girl?
    I agree... I hardly have any urge to "be" a woman... I just think the clothes are pretty and fun.

Silver Member
    On the question re: feminine comments while in DRAB: Not yet, but I keep wondering when or if it might happen. Not in so many words, necessarily, but simply whether someone would notice or comment on certain things like nails and browline.

As for the voice, there's nothing wrong with someone being what they are. The reasons people choose to alter their voice or not is the thing. If the goal is to pass, then altering the voice is usually a must. There are those in the forum who actually want to present male while in female clothing. I'm not passable, but still prefer matching voice to female presentation and have been working at it.

"Regular" guy? Seriously, I know what you meant, but you might consider the alternative ways this might be taken.

Lea

When in fem, I try to speak fem! When in drab, well I don't know! It's been too long! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Well Bill you can't have everything. I'm just wondering if you have a specific reason for asking. It depends on my mood really. En femme, I can be the sweetest talking doll you'd ever want to meet or I can chomp a cigar and talk like a Longshoreman. Just remember with myself, you get the whole package.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I care much more about the feminine appearance than I do sounding like a woman.

For me, You get what you get. Yea my voice is that of a guys and I dont worry about it mannerisms too. Admittedly I dont swear as much when Im done up; probably because Im pretty stoked to be dressed up
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

I don't think my fem side bleeds over much. But I recently had someone peg me as a CD and she told me that I had a feminine aura about me (not gay, but fem). Pretty spooky considering it was not brought up around her.
    As far as when dressed I try to speak softer but I really don't know if I pull it off.

I agree ! I never wanted to this very day to be a girl or even pass as a girl. I'm just a guy that happens to like so called 'womens cloths' and I enjoy wearing them everyday. Its just that simple.

Aspiring Member
    I wish I could be more feminine - a couple inches shorter, a couple years younger, better figure, and of course, a sexy female voice. Oh, a switch to turn it all on and off would be nice too.

I've always had the opposite problem. Women would be attracted to me until I opened my mouth. Then they would lose interest thinking I was probably gay. I've heard my voice and I would guess that too. I live near Palm Springs and when I was younger and prettier I couldn't shop in that town without getting ogled every where I went. Yes GGs, I know how that feels except gay dudes don't even try to be discrete when they strip you naked with their eyes. So I set off gaydar, too. When dressed, I just exaggerate my normal personality a little and go from slightly faggy dude to drag queen. I'm not feminine so much as effeminate. All in all, it's a fabulous life.

The voice I think is the hardest thing, unless you were 'gifted'! I have worked hard on the physical thing and as I age it seems to get harder (could be my expectations). I haven't worked hard on the voice, as when I have gone out I have avoided having talk. It has happened, but only on 'thank you' level... which is easy to get away with.

I have however, tried some webcam things recently and both watching and hearing myself speak. It isn't that convincing, but I have noticed that my mannerisms are different... this may be a help... the old addage about looking the part. There are lots of women out with deep sexy voices.... gotta be the way to go!

But I must also reference Karren... what's wrong with a guy (with guy's voice) dressing like a girl?
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

To answer the second question; when i'm in drab I'm usually wearing jeans, tee shirt (or flannel in winter), and work boots or sneakers, and top it off with a baseball cap. When I dress en femme, I try to look, act, and sound as feminine as possible. In drab I have never been told that I appear feminine but en femme I have gotten many compliments on my femininity. To answer the first question; I use my normal baritone voice among friends but go to tenor among strangers, it works pretty well for me.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I'm in the "when in Rome...." category. Tina is her own creature with a feminine presentation, mannerisms, voice, and opinions! Tina hasn't existed long enough to be completely comfortable with who she is in terms of natural voice inflections and mannerisms, but she's getting there.

In guy mode I'm very much in guy mode!

There is no confusion about who is present at any time

Banned Read only
    I do my best when en femme to appear as a woman, including mannerisms. There was a thread last week concerning faux pas cross dressers make that will insure their true sex is revealed. Practice makes perfect. As to the voice--if you are naturally a bass, well, I have a solution. Learn American Sign Language and wear a cervical collar to hide the Adam's Apple.

I never really thought of that till now. I just realized that i speak the same voice in both. I think that in my mind i believe i am speaking more fem when dressed.

Many is the time when my wife tells me that my personality changes to feminine, and I have no clue its happening, my voice softens as do my mannerisms. As I said I have no idea this is happening, although when dressing I consciously do this but its obviously something I dont always have control over.

When I am in drab mode I always wear tight junior low rise jeans, girls top, pasnties and bra. girls shoes..Of course my eyebrows are very thin and arched, hoop ear rings, long arylic nails, necklace, braclet, girls ring, ankle braclet, no hair on entire body. and I wear light make-up and pink lip gloss all the time. Girls shoes, wallet, I am still working up the nerve on carrying a puirse, hopefully, by the end of the year.