Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If tables were turned with your SO, would you accept it?

If tables were turned with your SO, would you accept it?

Suppose your SO says that she likes to dress like a man and starts wearing men's pants, flattens her breasts with a tape very often and wears men's drab t-shirts and wears makeup (and even mushtache may be) to appear like man and acts macho everywhere, asks you to call him (Err her) as John, goes out of the house dressed like that and even want to have sex with you when he (Errrr she) is dressed like that. Would you be liberal enough to accept it? would you help him (oops she) in his dressing game?

Few more.. If she calls herself a "gay trapped in a female body" and also would you be willing to join a forum and then compliment and make suggestions at their f2m pics.

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    That was a question that my wife asked me once. My answer was I don't know. Hypothetical situations are not always easy to answer honestly, because I feel there isn't enough data to make a good evaluation and answer.
    Dana Ryan

Hmm, let's see ... My wife dresses like a lumberjack half the time, so I probably wouldn't notice the difference. Note the absence of a smiley face.

Yes! I adore my wife and would support her in whatever she needed to do.

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    Very interesting question! Probably not, but then again I am not married......

Of course I would. She's my wife and I love her.

I'm not sure about joining a forum and complimenting the FTMs because that would be somewhat out of character for males in general. I would certainly support them, though.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Not a fair question, we understand what they would be going through, most of us (I assume) would be complete supportive, I would.

Now, if you were to ask the average JOE the same question, they would say HECK (thinking of stronger language) NO!
    "I am Yin & Yang, North & South, Night & Day, Feminine & Masculine" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64235483@N02/

I've addressed this very same question about ten or twelve times over the past 6 years I've been a member of this forum. [SIZE=1](Hey, I just noticed that this month is my anniversary here!)[/SIZE] I'll be consistent and answer it the same way I always have: I'd hate it. I'd support her, and try very hard to glean just how much she was committed to being my wife, and I'd hope she wasn't opting for a sex change. See? These are the same questions that the women in our lives ask of us when they find out about this little diversion of ours.

But I'd hate it. I know that makes me a bit of a hypocrite, but it's the truth. And that's exactly why I understand why she dislikes the fact that I do what I do. The fact that I would be asking these very same questions is the very reason that I respect her wishes, and do my best to keep this whole thing away from her and out of the life that we have together. I have very little desire now to take this to any greater limits than I already have. I've settled my gender issues within myself, and have reached a level of self-acceptance and comfort with my crossdressing that has settled the broiling pain I once experienced as a transgendered male. I chose to commit to my marriage, and that has caused a great cementing of our relationship together.

I have no fears that she'll suddenly start wearing a beard around the house. She's a woman, and very glad to be one. But were she different, my experiences with these issues within myself have left me well able to deal with it in a mature and caring way.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Banned Read only
    Yes I would accept her 100%. If she dressed in man's clothes sometimes and wanted to protray and do all mannerisms like a man, wlaked and talked like a man. And my wife NEEDED to do this sometimes, I would be 100% supportive of her/him.
    L&R................Tara

With all my heart. And then some more.

I think it would be cool if we both went out dressed, I told her we should.

I could not imagine asking my SO to put up with me, and then not be accepting to her own feelings. I know sometimes things seem hard to take, but as much as I have been through with my SO, I could not even see that as a hurdle. My SO is a great gal, and I always support her in everything she does, except her trying to feed me to much. If I ate everything she cooked or gave to me to eat, I would for sure lose my girlish figure. LOL I Love her and she Loves me unconditionally, and I try to make her happy, and satisfied at all times. If she is in a good mood, I get to continue with my CD life. If she is upset, it upsets me. If I'm upset due to her being upset it puts a halt on everything, causes regret, and I lose my passion for the day to my world that I need.
    Trudy Evonne Monroe

I can promise you this: beauty - comes from the inside not the exterior surface. Beauty is not something you put-on...it's something you bring out. Many sisters get so caught up in trying to improve their appearance that they fail to enjoy the pleasure of becoming beautiful. ¨Renee Reyes¨

the happy camper
    Quote Originally Posted by sara.s View Post
    Few more.. If she calls herself a "gay trapped in a female body" and also would you be willing to join a forum and then compliment and make suggestions at their f2m pics.
    Nope, sorry. I'm strictly a lesbian.

To the OP: To paraphrase, would you support your wife. Without questions that answer was for 27 years YES. Regardless of what she like to called her Johnson.. no seriously, I supported her in all things related to our marriage.

We're more than halfway there already.

Quote Originally Posted by Intertwined View Post
    Not a fair question, we understand what they would be going through, most of us (I assume) would be complete supportive, I would.
    I agree. we have a different perspective on this. I would support him (or her as she decided) in this. The women in my life did that. So I would hoped I would do the same.

This goes back to a bigger emotion and bigger picture. Just how much do you love your spouse? My feeling is that there are varying degrees in this. It is also my feeling that too many people get married for the wrong reasons and actually loving your spouse no matter what falls away. When you find the "one" clothing is of little matter. Almost everything is of little matter. You love the person, if you love the image, you are in for huge fall. And that is what many people here do, they love an image or an ideal. Few attain it. Looks fade but beauty is forever. Think about it a moment. Why did you choose your spouse? We all go through the early sexual part, we all go through the we think we should be together because...children, money, the fact you look good together. But if you marry and you expect your spouse to change to fit YOUR ideals you will fail. The question is basically, do you love your spouse "enough". Maybe my idea of love is different than most, but if you love your spouse "enough" the change in clothing won't break you up. You will enjoy it and revel in it. It is part of her (him). In my case even if my spouse were to transition totally, if they wanted to keep me around then I would stay.

Now the question is "do you love your spouse enough to let them find themselves". I agree with Intertwined, most people love themselves more than they love their spouse, and they would not accept it.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Yep. I think turnabout's fair play. I don't think I'd like it, but would certainly have to give it a go to my bet ability. It'd only be fair.

CnabDelle

If it was Halloween night and only for that night, sure.

If it was in the same commitment level as M>F CD or Transmen here on this forum. No. I would not cast any harsh judgments. I would be 100% understanding to the best of my ability. I would assure her that it did not "prove" to me that she was any less of a person, by any means.

I would also tell her that I respect her right to make that choice and I assume (hopefully) it is a choice she is making (made) after careful thought to any consequences that are attached to that decision. I would also confirm that I believe every person has the right to find happiness and do whatever possible to find the person and/or circumstances that allow them to experience a fulfilling life.

I would then inform her that I must make those same choices. On this issue, for me, it is a deal killer for the relationship. (The same response I gave my ex...after she chose to have affairs during our marriage). No yelling/criticism/argument...just reality.

If I was a gg SO having recently been informed (after the fact) of my SO being committed to CD, my response would be the same as above. I would not display any disrespect or voice any negative judgment of the behavior. But it would be the end of the relationship.

(unless she was incredibly wealthy, and bought me my own island as an apology gift for deceiving me for awhile. Of course it should have white sand beaches. And I would need a private airstrip with a twin engine turboprop for acquiring supplies. And a huge house to put the supplies in. And some orange trees...I drink fresh OJ like people drink coffee.)

Last edited by eluuzion; 10-13-2011 at 06:33 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If I was married ... yes.

That would be kind of fun. IF I made a committment to her, whatever she wanted I would at least gice it a shot.

No, I would not accept it. I would hate it and it would damage my relationship.
    I am giving an honest answer here and I don’t think I am alone in thinking this way.

That’s why I feel so sorry for the wives/girl friends that suffer over their man being a acrossdresser.

SUZY

???????????? if i go girly when she go manly ??????? probaly ok??????

Honestly no, I wouldn't like it at all. This is not a hypocritical stance for someone like me to take.

I'm completely open about who I am, and attract only those people who want that side of me too. My preference is for a non-crossdressing girl who is attracted to a CDing guy. I'm not going into the relationship, and then changing who I am, and would expect to get the same in return. It *would* be hypocritical if I hid who I was before we got together, and then revealed it, and expected her to be ok with it.

Quote Originally Posted by CynthiaD View Post
    Hmm, let's see ... My wife dresses like a lumberjack half the time, so I probably wouldn't notice the difference. Note the absence of a smiley face.
    I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok.... Just like my dear old dad.... lol

Hell No! I wouldn't be ok with it. Just like she isn't ok with me. I totally see her side. I didn't marry a man and she didn't marry a woman... Just the way we are...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Whats fair for the goose is fair for the gander! I hope my love would be deeper then just apeariences! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone: