Thread: Knock knock! Knock Knock...... ......... Knock knock

Knock knock! Knock Knock...... ......... Knock knock

Darn...who's banging on my door like its an emergency or its a long lost friend?! I quickly push my hair back to a more male looking style...yes I was playing a bit when I brushed it this morning after my shower...quick look in the mirror. I open the door and look down... 'Can I help you?'...short older woman looks up and says, I'm selling avon! ...I smiled and said no thanks, but I was thinking after...should have left my hair as it was and invited her in for a test drive. Anyhow...she was wearing what appeared to be pyjammas and her own makeup was not very good and hair was messy...so I'm not sure she was up to the skill level needed to make me over...LOL why can't the CDer gods send a professional? ... I'm thinking besides looking decent, Avon could probably increase their sales with a pitch like ...'Hi I'm selling Avon...to anyone, big small, female, male or anyone in between!...here's my card'!
    Chickie

Aspiring Member Longing2be-Trisha's Avatar
    LOL! If she was trying to make a sale she needed to at least be presentable and professional. If you are dressed like a success your chances of a sale increase greatly compared to I just woke up and thought I would like you to try my product, see how it works for me! I sold equipment for a while in New England to tree farmers and sense it was a very new product and expensive it was hard. I used the product at work everyday sheering Christmas trees and would let the farmers try it out. Many did not buy on the spot, but by the time I got home I had several sales. I always looked and acted professional, was very knowledgeable, showed the customers how to use it with hands on training, and above all never ever lied to make the sale. That lady could have used someone to help her and guide her.

Hugs
    Trisha

No kidding either. If I went in to get my haircut and the stylist looked ragged, I'd walk out. Let a woman demonstrate her makeup products on me when she looks like hell herself? Out of the question. Besides, wouldn't you think that while out and actively trying to sell the product that she would use herself as an advertisement/example: "Dont I look awesome?! Here is what my product can do for you!"

Banned Read only
    I agree Kimberly, it's like an example I said last month when my wife was wanting us to go to marriage counceling. I told her to ask him how many times had he been divorced? he had been divorced, so to me he wasn't qualified to be M.C.

Platinum Member
    I bet she was doing Avon to make a few bucks. If you have the opportunity again, or got her card, why not invite her over for a second chance. She may know a lot that she doesn't show in her own make up. And you'll feel so good giving her some business.

I agree with Kim.. if she comes by again just invite her in. You may really enjoy yourself and give someone else a helping hand at the same time.
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987

Kinda reminds me of all the house cleaning ladies I've interveiwed!!!!!!!!! There houses were trashy and dirty! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Banned Read only
    There are Avon representatives who cater to cross dressers. A sale is a sale. I'm sure if somebody showed up looking unsightly you can bet your last tube of lipstick you know more about cosmetics than she.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    My late wife was an Avon sales rep for many years, and very good at it. Besides me, she did have several CD's who regularly bought from her. As she said, a sale is a sale regardless of who is buying!! Almost all her clients would not buy makeup from anyone else!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Quote Originally Posted by Tara-mxy View Post
    I agree Kimberly, it's like an example I said last month when my wife was wanting us to go to marriage counceling. I told her to ask him how many times had he been divorced? he had been divorced, so to me he wasn't qualified to be M.C.
    Not sure about that, experience can be the best teacher!

Gold Member
    Yeah if someone is in a business, they need to look the part, at least when at work.

You expect a dentist to have all his teeth (or at least good fake ones), you expect a salesman to look professional, and God help me for saying this but even if you were gonna buy a gun, wouldn't you want the guy to look like some depraved creep? Like this nice gent? http://www.donsguns.com/

What blows me away is seeing overweight martial arts instructors. Wouldn't you expect them to be in good shape?
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    There are Avon representatives who cater to cross dressers. A sale is a sale. I'm sure if somebody showed up looking unsightly you can bet your last tube of lipstick you know more about cosmetics than she.
    If I am correct I believe there is at least 1 Avon rep who is a crossdresser and a member of our fine forums.

Dami

Yes one of the first things we learned here at Job Corps. Your first impression of a person is formed in the first 12 seconds of meeting them.
    To stand strong and independent so that I can help those who cannot stand by themselves.
    I will do this by abandoning my old ways, and learning anew what I must do to succeed
    I will find strength within instead of looking outside.
    I will recognize when I need help, instead of struggling on my own.
    I will break the cycle I’ve followed and be free.
    I will stand strong and independent, but I won’t stand alone.

My Mission Statement

OP reminds of a question someone posed me long time back. "There are only 2 hair stylists in a town and the nearest neighboring town is very very far off. One hair stylist has an amazing hair style, while the other has a shabby dirty hair. Now who would you visit to get your hair styled?"

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Avon? WHAT A RELIEF, Chickie! I thot maybe u "knocked" someone up!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by sara.s View Post
    .... Now who would you visit to get your hair styled?"
    To the lady with the shabby dirty hair, she is so busy she doesn't have time to do her own.

The cobblers family needs shoes, the carpenters family needs house repairs, the gardeners yard looks a mess, the firemans car needs a washing, the electrians house needs lightbulbs, etc..

SarahLynn
    Great leaders are not great because of their words or deeds but because of the greatness they inspire from others."
    (Legends of the StarDancer)

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    The first time I decided to head out and buy a foundation color matched to my skin tone I walked into a SAKS in New Orleans at the level where all the makeup counters resided. It was morning and no one was around except for the SAs. I scanned around and the two young ladies at the MAC counter had incredible makeup! The rest weren't close! Guess where I went? (And it was a terrific experience!).

Tina

Quote Originally Posted by sara.s View Post
    OP reminds of a question someone posed me long time back. "There are only 2 hair stylists in a town and the nearest neighboring town is very very far off. One hair stylist has an amazing hair style, while the other has a shabby dirty hair. Now who would you visit to get your hair styled?"
    Easy... since they're the only 2, one would do the other's hair. I'll wait 'til shabby dirty's available.
    Life is simple math: Expectations - Realisations = Disappointments.
    Tell ya what... I won't be too easily annoying, if you won't be too easily annoyed!
    Blogging | Twitter | Google+ |
    Acceptance comes in asking yourself the questions... and not caring what the answers are.

Blaire, I see you were using the woman in you with that witty insight. That was too funny and accurate.

One day I'm going to get the nerve up to have my makeup done for me.