Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Girls,gurls or gurlz

Quote Originally Posted by Paulacd1 View Post
    OK,so what are we ? Some forums use one spelling and others will use a varient.
    Does it even matter ? I like to think I'm one of the girls...although I did use the "gurl" title,but stopped some time ago .......

Paula.
    Girls. girls, girls!!!!

I agree with Karren, just call me Katie thanks!
    Katie

Do you think "ladies" would be appropriate? Or is too old fashioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonne York View Post
    Girls. girls, girls!!!!

My son wanted a Tshirt from a funky design place that had a bright pink neon squirrel on it, with "Squirrels, squirrels, squirrels!" also in bright pink neon lettering, all on a black background.

I thought it was cute, and I got it for him (he was 16). Then my SO pointed out the Tshirt was a takeoff on the "Girls, girls, girls!", neon signs you see at strip joints.

.... I guess the days when he was into Disney cutesy animals, like Bambi & Thumber are over.
    Reine

There are so many new words, text speak etc that I cringe at because they do not conform to the rules of English as I was taught at an English grammar school 4 decades ago, but at the same time I remember my Latin, Greek, Aramaic, Cyrillic, French and Spanish lessons and realise (realize as spelt in another version of English) that this is how languages evolve and develop. Words derived from others, common usage or mis-spelling.

Whats in a label any way, but let us not forget that if the internet had been around a century ago we would have all been logged/signed on/in (however one chooses to put it) to www.transvestites.com.

When it comes to pronunciation, should it not be spelt gurl, as in curl, furl or hurl. Correct me if you know better, but the only -irl words sounding like -url have a "w" before the "irl" as in swirl or twirl.
    Last edited by RachelPortugal; 10-14-2011 at 03:54 PM. Reason: added text
    Rachel,

As a crossdresser my personality has several facets. Therefore, I suppose I can be forgiven for being facetious.

parkbench just outside hells gate near enuf to airport to take off...finally the parkbench has wings
    Quote Originally Posted by Julia Wales View Post
    How about "guys" ... I don't like to be called a girl, however it's spelt ... I'm a guy that enjoys wearing female attire, nothing more.
    My sentiments exactly well put.

but when i refer to GG's sometimes i use gurls its just the way i use the word at times, ( more directed at the younger generation of females),... i have used that for years,
    but as for GG's its all ways been ladies mainly.

Reine didnt realise saying Gurls is fetish, lol
    "A day without red wine is like a day without sunshine.."
    when the devils feet hit the floor you can hear the good lord .. say "awwww crap shes up"
    Eleanor Rooservelt "behind every man stands a woman"......
    but then in my devlish attitude behind everyman stands many women depends, on many things or how he/she dresses..laffing
    Remember, strength based in force is a strength people fear. Strength based in love is a strength people crave.

Quote Originally Posted by shesadvl View Post
    Reine didnt realise saying Gurls is fetish, lol
    The way it was explained to me years ago, is that men who "pretend" to be girls, change the spelling slightly to protect their male status. And, well, let's just face it, it's not uncommon for men to pretend to be girls for fetish reasons. Most times the CDers who do their best to present feminine in order to blend, are getting in touch with real feminine feelings. They're not pretending to be anyone. At least, this is my understanding.
    Reine

It is just another label with no real meaning behind it. I prefer woman, Laura or girl.