Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you date a Post-OP?

Would you date a Post-OP?

I know some of you are bi-sexual and the answer would be more likely to be yes. But for purely Heterosexual people how do you feel about Post-Ops?

We talk about being understanding and accepting, but how far does it go? Are you more likely to accept because you are TG or does it even figure into the discussion?
    Michelle

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I would never date a Post-Op. Even though I do crossdress, I am still a guy and I will only date real from birth GG's!! Nothing against the others, they are just not my type!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Yes.

It's not bisexual... she is all woman, that makes it a hetero date. Get it? Got it?? Good!
    “They’re not women’s clothes. They’re my clothes. I bought them.” (Eddie Izzard)

the happy camper
    Assuming I were single, and assuming I found her attractive mentally and physically, my answer is yes. I can't say for certain whether I would be comfortable enough with it to continue, but I am at least open to the idea.

My heterosexual male side has always been a bit fascinated by and attracted to my Tgirl side, so I'm sure that's a factor in my acceptance.

I am currently in a 30+ year relationship with a beautiful and accepting GG which I have no interest in compromising. But, to answer your question, should I find myself looking for a new relationship, gender and/or gender identity would not be a major consideration. Faith and tolerance of others would be more of a consideration.

Dee

Post Op women are women!
    If you feel the need to explain yourself. Smile and Educate. Be proud of who you are!

."ALWAYS, SIT, SPIN, AND TUCK ONE FOOT BEHIND THE OTHER....NEVER CROSS YOUR LEGS"

Emme as in "M"

Emme, how true

Dee

Ditto to what Sophie and Dee dee said. Long term mate...not likely, but dating is not out of the question should I find myself available. Hopefully, that's not likely either.

Having to deal with loved ones & and those around me is the biggest challenge.
    "Mom, Dad, meet Julia.....she used to be a guy....."

I'm attracted to feminine people. I can deal with real girls & and post ops.
    Guys, I'm not into.

But would a Post op TS date a CDer???

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilrain View Post
    Another good question. So why didn't you answer that one for us.
    Michelle

Short answer - yes absolutely.

I have actually dated a few post-ops, but I wasn't what THEY wanted. If you want a girl friend who really enjoys being feminine, enjoys sex, enjoys being a girl, enjoys dressing up, and enjoys being beautiful, MOST of the time, then a post-op MtF girl might be the girl of your dreams.

GGs have often been through that phase where they were pushed to be more feminine than they would like to be, and end up wanting to be able to spend less time getting ready by skipping the make-up, wearing loose pants so they don't have to shave, and may be less inclined to watch their diets over the long run, especially after marriage.

TGs and TSs have developed a longing, even a yearning, to be beautiful women. They want to do the make-up, hair, hormones, and everything else to become their ideal of a woman. If you like what you see, that's probably only the beginning. If she likes wearing the short skirt, hose, and heels to social events, you can guess that she might even be more exciting in romantic situations.

The bigger challenge would be who initiates. If I'm a TG and I'm on a date with a TS, she wants me to initiate and be the aggressor, and as a TG I want her to let me know she wants me.

Ironically, I have found that for long-term relationships, I seem to work better with a more "butch" GG. Because she is more likely to initiate with me, and more likely to really enjoy being "in charge of it" as well as wanting to really enjoy sex, food, dance, fun, laughter, and romance.

I think fundamentally, there is something wonderful about a person who is comfortable with the life they live, and loves expressing every aspect of their gender, gender identity, and their passion for life.

I have to admit that there are even a few pre-op TSs I would have liked to date, but again, the issue becomes "who makes the first move".

Semi Sane innocent angel
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilrain View Post
    I know one that married a CD .
    Business is the the art of extracting money from another mans wallet with out resorting to violence

9 out of 10 Dr say I'm sane. The 10th one never made it to the hearing. Did you know that California has drop bears ?

First a groom then a bride. Never again.

If I were not in a relationship, and back on the dating scene. I would absolutely date a post op. Why not? She is now a woman. I am attracted to women. The same attractions would apply. Is she smart, funny, and attractive to me? Then yes.

IMHO, A woman is a woman, period.

Quote Originally Posted by niya blake View Post
    I know one that married a CD .
    It would bring a whole new twist to the "Coming Out To Your SO" threads!

Quote Originally Posted by AKAMichelle View Post
    Another good question. So why didn't you answer that one for us.
    Im not post op but i'll bite! Suffice it to say that I am dating a CD now though his CDing is not why I like him. I thought it would be a deal breaker at first but I got to know HIM and can accept the CDing. I have never seen him dressed except in pictures. When we are together he's all man and that is fine with me.

Semi Sane innocent angel
    Quote Originally Posted by Debglam View Post
    IMHO, A woman is a woman, period.

It would bring a whole new twist to the "Coming Out To Your SO" threads!
    Debbie they were there at Sparkle .
    Business is the the art of extracting money from another mans wallet with out resorting to violence

9 out of 10 Dr say I'm sane. The 10th one never made it to the hearing. Did you know that California has drop bears ?

First a groom then a bride. Never again.

Quote Originally Posted by niya blake View Post
    Debbie they were there at Sparkle .
    Thinking, thinking. . . .

Not only did I date a post op girl, we got married last may 26. You cant chose who you fall in love with.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Maybe! Never say never! It's all about attraction for me.

SRS DOESN'T change your hands, feet, shoulders, biceps, hips, etc., etc..

That being said, I've seen CD/TG/TSs that looked VERY feminine and that I found attractive. I think I WOULD date anyone I find attractive. And, if we hit it off, maybe MORE than just dating?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Yeah, I would.....if I liked her, and she liked me. Would I date or not date her because she was TS? Haven't we got past that phase? I'm trying to find "A Person," I could make a life with, someone I could fall in love with. Their "Plumbing System" before OR after, is a non-issue.

Peace and Love, Joanie
    Last edited by sterling12; 10-14-2011 at 02:21 AM.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Maybe! Never say never! It's all about attraction for me.

SRS DOESN'T change your hands, feet, shoulders, biceps, hips, etc., etc..
    Hormones change the hips, biceps etc. There are a couple of GG's where I work with bigger hands and feet than mine, so what are hands and feet going to tell you?

I would be willing to bet that if I lined up some of the younger TS's from my support group alongside a number of very nice GG's from where I work you would not pick out the right ones if asked who is which.

Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    Having to deal with loved ones & and those around me is the biggest challenge.
    "Mom, Dad, meet Julia.....she used to be a guy....."
    You got that quote wrong, because she has never been a guy, only pretended. If you needed to say anything you would have been more correct to say "She had to have surgery to correct a birth defect". Before anyone mentions that this fictional Julia is unable to bear children, do you insist that every girl you ever consider going out on a date with pays a visit to the fertility clinic before you will take her out?
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Most people don't wear a sign stating such things or shout it from the roof tops. So with myself it would mostly depend on the person and the situation.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I did not begin CD until my late 20s. Prior to that time, I would never have imagined myself being interested or involved with the things I am today.

Romantic attraction has been much the same experience for me. Although my attraction is always ultimately governed by character, not physical appearance...I have continued to surprise myself by the different "types" of partners I have formed relationships with. (Such as the one with my past business partner, who was hetero, bi, then lesbian, then confused, lol). Turns out it was one of the best relationships I have experienced...to date.

Having taken the option to follow my own path in life, I have learned that I can never rule out anything happening in my future, in any area...the more "open" I keep my perspective, the more option and opportunities I have going forward.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I could. But I am super picky and it would have to be love at first sight.