Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Would you date a Post-OP?

I would. I actually had a brief fling with a pre-op (didn't know), but it ended for reasons that didn't pertain to her being pre-op.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."
    Oscar Wilde

Of course I would. Provided they can accept the fact I'm gender enhanced, non op, that would likely be a perfect scenario, other things equal.

Well, were I single, looking, and attracted to her, I don't see any reason why not.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Arrow

I know two post op's who I have coffee with every so often. They seem to not want to go any further than coffee meetings.

Without taking the time to read all of your answers, it would be an educational experience for both parties.

In my thread "oh my" I thought for a while I was giving a chance on a romantic with a M to F, post op individual. I had some serious trepidations really. It was not so much about ME being with this person on a romantic level, but it was more about those outside of my body and how they would react. Namely being two big influences on my life. My flying and my mother. My mother is the most problematic because she is a very judgmental person, and even with the revelations about my new GF my mom is still gonna think ill. I am both dreading, and joyfully looking forward to introducing her to my mom. Mother will be in for a shock the likes of which she has not been part of I am sure
    But the point being that I think I did circumvent those trepidations and indeed decided to date what I thought was a post op trans sexual. The individual in question is exotic, beautiful in many ways, and simply makes me feel loved. How could I turn that down in this world of people being too closed minded?

It so turns out she in fact a full on GG. Only the great maker knows why she has the build she does, but she is quite a woman.
    Last edited by Pythos; 10-15-2011 at 10:05 PM.
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.

I just realized that I didn't answer the question.

The reason this came up is I was talking with a very pretty Post-Op about their dating life. How they were rejected all of the time by hetero guys. That got me really thinking about how would I handle the whole situation. While I still don't know exactly since so much of it would depend upon the person involved. If I truly saw the person as female then I guess I would go forward with dating.
    Michelle

I'm married, but if i were in a dating situation i would have no issues at all dating a post op, i'd have to be attracted to them and share interests etc of course, but the same would be said for dating a gg.
    Katie

Semi Sane innocent angel
    Quote Originally Posted by Debglam View Post
    IMHO, A woman is a woman, period.

It would bring a whole new twist to the "Coming Out To Your SO" threads!
    They already knew. Debbie it was kind of like picking up a date at sparkle. There's that word again
    Business is the the art of extracting money from another mans wallet with out resorting to violence

9 out of 10 Dr say I'm sane. The 10th one never made it to the hearing. Did you know that California has drop bears ?

First a groom then a bride. Never again.

Banned Read only
    No I wouldn't. They are bitchy, think they are all that and the bag of chips, spend way too much time in front of the bathroom mirror, think it is all about them......Oh i just described myself!

Yes of course I would. But he better be cute!

I've been happily married for many years, so the question is really academic in my case. However, the audience here is not typical of the run-of-the-mill male population, so much of the straight portion of which is reflexively at least mildly homophobic and would probably not make fine distinctions between post-ops and gays. It is almost a given that we TG/CD people would be much more accepting of the idea of dating and forming a close relationship with a post-op woman than most straight men.

In my own case, yes -- if I had never met my wife and met a post-op TS who was physically and otherwise attractive, and who found me likewise attractive and accepted me as I am, I undoubtedly would. Lots of conditions and caveats here, as there is in the formation of any relationship.

Aspiring Member
    Yes Ithink I would but like others have said I am looking for someone to share common interest and build a life together with.

Im not Alicia Sliverstone Clueless's Avatar
    Yes, if I was attracted to her & felt like we could connect.

i would love to at least give it a go. it would be different

Like many others, I'm happily married so it's just a theoretical question to me, but - She would have to look and act like a genetic female. No 6'4" 220 lb transexual for me. Other than that, it's a matter of compatibility just like it would be for a genetic female. I would certainly date one. Long term relationship, well she's a woman now so why not if everything else clicked.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I think this is a really easy question. Yes.....its the person not the gender thats important to me.
    Fiona.
    xx

wiggle it, just a lil bit Julia Welch's Avatar
    No ... I only like women ... and wearing their clothes.
    Fun loving skirt wearer

Untitled
    How would you be able to tell? I doubt many post ops would admit to the fact that they were born male and had gone through SRS, FFS and the rest of it. Any post op would see themselves as a woman and are unlikely to relate to being anything else.
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

Quote Originally Posted by Nigella View Post
    How would you be able to tell? I doubt many post ops would admit to the fact that they were born male and had gone through SRS, FFS and the rest of it. Any post op would see themselves as a woman and are unlikely to relate to being anything else.
    That was part of my point above. Some males are just not good candidates for SRS. Really tall or big boned, big hands, big feet, etc. And that's assuming they have taken care of the beard and possible balding.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    Wow. I thought this was the last place I would see people determining gender by what someone looks like and what has been between their legs. I am happily married, but if I would ever be in a dating situation again it would totally be about the person and not the gender. It certainly would not be about if the lady had SRS or not.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

Until recently I would have said probably not. But I now think that I might consider a post -op if I found her interesting and compatible.
    My question is, would she want to date a CD? It seems to me that they would not want to be reminded of what they went through and of course how would they feel if their man also decided to transition.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    That was part of my point above. Some males are just not good candidates for SRS. Really tall or big boned, big hands, big feet, etc.
    Which is quite unlike the description of Europe's tallest teenager who happens to be a GG. She is only 6 ft 10 with size 12 feet, hands in proportion and still growing.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

I am in the same situation as Jilleanne. Being gender enhanced, Non-Op it would be a perfect fit.

I believe once someone has completley become a woman, they are a woman.
    So yes I would, wether or not I was CD'ing.

Dami

"I'm not a real woman, but I did wear a cute skirt at a Holiday Inn Express one time."

Ts's are rejected or worse all the time just for being ts...they use us in movies as props to make guys puke after having sex with us..

linda i'm sorry but your comment is not true.....unpassable ts women are just as much a candidate for srs and any other... unpassable ts women have it rough, but it has nothing to do with srs...unpassable ts women or no less a woman than the most stunning ts