Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cross Dressing: Who u r? Or, what u do?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Question Cross Dressing: Who u r? Or, what u do?

I've pretty much given up finding, "the female within".

While I feel VERY close to the MANY CD/TG/TS's I've met here and in person, dressing is simply something I do. However all consuming it is for me!

Can u describe what it is, or does, for u?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Not really.... Just something I'm driven to do... Like salmon swimming up stream. To spawn and die... Pretty pink salmon.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Like Karren says. It is something I'm driven to do. Don't know why, just love to do it and feel good about myself when dressed.

Can't really say why, it's just what it is.... hardwired into my brain to feel normal (whatever that means to me), I guess.
    I don't think it's something that can be explained correctly.

jenn

Don't really know the why, but it has to do with covering up Vanessa in the clothing she likes and think are pretty. Crossdressing to me is a struggle cause it means wearing boy underwear and bluejeans on mostly. Strange but true.

It is what I do and what I feel like when I do it. Do I want to transition, no (always open to change at a later date). But when I do I'd like to be treated as any other woman.

It lets me be me,myself,i,geneva.
    protending that i was just a normal guy was killing me,being able to be myself has improved my wellbeing while ive incounterd other issues,im so much better off.jNot hiding is such a relief.

Bridgetta is yoga loving health oriented peaceful and loves color and fashion. I like to take my time getting ready. I shop too much. I find i am able to meditate well when i can pursue this side
    Last edited by bridgetta; 10-15-2011 at 11:49 AM.

it's a part of my life now, part-time as my male half and loving every minute of it, and part time as my female half and getting better at it every day. it's kind of like i can either be a dumpy-looking old guy or try my hand at being a cute middle-aged woman.
    Last edited by cassandra54; 10-15-2011 at 12:15 PM.
    man, i feel like a woman

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Not really.... Just something I'm driven to do... Like salmon swimming up stream. To spawn and die... Pretty pink salmon.
    I like that quote, sums my feelings up also!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    I've pretty much given up finding, "the female within".......
    Sounds like you are just settling in just being who you are. And how could that be anything but good!
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

Both actually. CDing is a vehicle I've used to get in touch with myself and my feelings.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Doc,

You are definitely not alone. I don't feel any female within either. The dressing I like to think of as an indulgence, like my sailing or eating chocolate.

As to your question: who u r? or what u do? Is there really a difference? I know it is popular to talk about the "real" me, which cannot be discerned by my actions. I have always wondered how everyone else has this "real" person hidden from view while I seemed to be nothing more than the person standing before you. I always felt inadequate as a kid because there wasn't any "real" me, that everyone else was carrying around some hidden knowledge that I didn't have. When I finally gave up on the "real" me, it was quite a relief. No need to feel inauthentic: I am what I am. No need to waste time and emotion searching for the "real" me: I get to simply choose what the "real" me is going to be.

I guess what I am saying is that you don't need to have the appropriate and acceptable mind or soul (take your pick) to qualify you for crossdressing. If you simply want to do it, do it.

Liz

In the simplest terms, it does the same as for any genetic female. I enjoy pretty things and being pretty.

Crossdressing comes from the "woman within". Some of us become that woman, some of us let her out part-time, and some of us develop into a feminine male. I think that people who don't understand why they dress are still thinking with the male side of their brain. It is an emotional thing, not a logical thing, so you have to think with your feminine side for it to make sense.
    Juno Michelle Krahn

Normal people are weird. Stealth is another word for "in the closet".

....For me, I believe that I am a soul that has spent more times in the XX carbon-based earth vehicle, than the XY model. This time around I have the XY model. Whatever,.....I'll play the part, it could be interestingly fun i suppose. But anyways, I believe my CX-ing is just a way I reconnect with something I am very familiar with and feel I "connect" with. Even though souls are genderless,... I do think some have dispositions that are more yin than yang, and others, yang than yin. Does this make sense? I think I just confused myself, LOL!
    So I like dressing like girl. BIG DEAL!

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Some of these questions are hard to answer succinctly, and this may be one of them, but I'll give it a try:

1) It is clearly something that I do. Then again, most of what I do is who I am. Isn't that true for most things? I'm a classical musician. It's what I do and it's certainly a part of who I am! Ah...part, maybe that's the issue:

2) There is clearly a masculine part of me. No doubt. But it's become clear that there is also a feminine part so I must also answer that Tina is also who I am, just not all of who I am.

I guess that means that Tina is a part of who I am, therefore it is a part of what I do!

That sounds awfully cyclic!

Sherry....be satisfied with the word is.
    I think you did pretty good at SCC, even without the femskin.
    I would say that a good proportion of CD'ers, and TG's have no idea what they're doing, or why....it just is.
    We just is.
    Like the Beatles swan song, and last album Let It Be.

As my wife says it is just part of who I am. Before I got sick ( Lymphoma) It would not be unheard of from me to go from training at the range in full SWAT gear ( Can we say masculine pursuit) to coming home and lounging around watching tv in my long silky night gown. I see it as being the whole me.

I made this thread once. It's what I do, I try not to let what I do define me.

Silver Member
    I REALLY don't think there is an answer to this question. It just is.

You can waste a very large part of your life obsessing over this question. Why not just get out an enjoy it. Who cares why?

S

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alice B View Post
    Like Karren says. It is something I'm driven to do. Don't know why, just love to do it and feel good about myself when dressed.
    Ditto---I learned long ago not to question it, just enjoy it
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

My philosophy is that if you know why you do it, then you're not really a crossdresser. For me, as others have said, it is an innate drive that occasionally needs addressed: and I'm lucky to have a wife that allows me that luxury. I'm the same person whether dressed in a feminine or masculine manner though my external behaviors certainly differ. And, of course, how others react with me differs too.
    Last edited by Taylor186; 10-15-2011 at 09:42 PM.

The woman inside of me is always crying to be let out of this male exterior. In life, my thinking is very different from the mens perspective.
    I find myself thinking like a womane 75% of the time, (if that is possible).
    I wnat to be accepted and function as a woman in society.
    I love getting all made up, dress up and go out and be treated as a lady.
    I'm only truly happy during those times.
    "Missed it by that much!"

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephenie S View Post
    I REALLY don't think there is an answer to this question. It just is.
    You can waste a very large part of your life obsessing over this question. Why not just get out an enjoy it. Who cares why?S
    I would have to totally agree with this response!! There really isn't an answer to the question that covers everybody on this forum!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    This is a copy and paste from another thread:

It's more about expressing on the outside what I feel on the inside. Plus, to be blunt, if I could make a wish that would come true, I want to be female, but I can't be ... not if I want to keep the life I have, so emulating women and seeing them as my role models is the next best thing. There's other complicated emotions at play for me too involving wanting to emasculate myself and distance myself from having to conform to societal expectations of being "masculine" but for the most part, it's about me being me .. the real me inside.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!