Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cross Dressing: Who u r? Or, what u do?

This may not be helpful?

1st, What am I: I am Human / Homo Sapien, my DNA makes me unique from every other Human.

2nd, Who am I: I am Marshall, aka, Marsha sometimes Intertwined, my Beliefs, my feelings, my experiences, my spirit, my soul, also make me unique from every other Human.

NOW, to your question; It is like trying to explain why, I like "Liver & Onions", I just do, most people I know would rather go hungry than eat it. Does this make me a freak? NO, it just means I have different tastes than most people I know.
    "I am Yin & Yang, North & South, Night & Day, Feminine & Masculine" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64235483@N02/

I have been playing with this question for the past few months with this site as fuel. I do not expect to find any definitive answer, but to better understand where I am comfortable.
    My answers so far:
    I wear femme panties because they are more comfortable than any drab briefs I can find.
    When I put on a comfortable dress, it just feels normal, comfortable, natural.
    If I look at myself in the mirror wearing a dress, I see me looking normal.
    When I put on makeup or wig or bra and forms, it feels like I am wearing a costume, not so comfortable.
    If I look at myself in the mirror with the costume and dressed, I see me pretending to be someone else.
    If I want to wear the dress outside my closet, I need to add the costume. It is a compromise to go outside.
    I am me, a male who likes the natural feel of wearing curtain femme clothing items, it is not sexual, just comfortable. I have some male traits and some femme traits. I nice balance I think. I am in individual.

Angela

I am actually glad you look at this the way you do Sherry. I wonder the same thing sometimes. I think it's interesting to see the different types of people we have here. I always think I am alone, but the truth is a better term is unique. Each and every one of us are so unique, but we share a common interest. Someone might talk about being hetero or homosexual. Another about dressing for gratification or expression. The fact is if we are talking about hair styles, shoes, skirts and heels you have my full attention! That is what it is all about. I think more interesting things would pop up if we understood "how" and "why" we do what we do.
    "If you think you can or can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Non-Binary / Two-Spirit
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor186 View Post
    My philosophy is that if you know why you do it, then you're not really a crossdresser.
    This statement speaks to me because of who I feel like. I don't feel completely male and I don't feel completely female. And yet my life experience has taught me to act male... and think male. And yet my feminine side is still there. It comes to the surface of my personality wishing to express itself. And I do that in how I speak... how I react... and the clothing I wear.

Because I am anatomically male some call my feminine clothing crossdressing. They make a distinction between male clothing and female clothing. And my life experience with males and females has given me my own fashion sense of what feminine and masculine clothing is. I like skirts and I'm drawn to them like a magnet.

If there was a third gender that was male/female I would choose that. That's how I feel and express myself. But after much research I have found bi-gender and two-sprited person. These terms seems to describe who I am.

docrobbysherry wrote: Can u describe what it is, or does, for u?
    The only way I can explain this, in some limited way, is to tell you if I try to stop. I have tried... I have removed all my feminine clothing from my life. I have submerged myself in male costumes. And yet the desire... the urge... nearly a compulsion to dress in feminine attire returns.

When I wear the clothing I feel great. It's almost like getting a pill that relives my stress... my anxiety. I feel like myself. Another person described it as an indulgence... and perhaps it is. Like a person has a drink or a drug to feel better about life. For me it's is the feminine attire.

I think the explanation is my feminine side need to express herself. If she does not I become depressed. I feel I am denied a part of who I am. And for me that includes my masculine side. I must express that as well.
    Don't suppress who you are inside your heart. Let the world know how special you really are. Don't forget to smile as you share. It will come through in your beautiful words.

Your Sister/Brother,
    Debbie/Steve

For me, what it is, is a relief value, I go for a while, not dressing,and never giving it a thought, then one day I wake up and feel a urge well up inside, A pull to all things feminine. The feel of that silk blouse that hangs in the closet, calling out to me, the call of the hose as i search my drawer for a pair of underwear. I find myself watching chick TV, Project runway, and top model, longing to wear those clothes.
    Then if I still put it off, I start to get grumpy,argumentative, and just plain hostile. Until I find myself unable to sleep, then I will rise up in the middle of the night, and get dressed, make up, wig, the whole thing, at that point, I start to feel good, good about me, who I am, and how I see the world, things are normal.What it is, I don't know, what it does, it keeps me fit to be a member of the larger society, and all that inward rage suppressed, in my case, it really does make me a better person, maybe not all that good, but better.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I know how you feel, sometimes it just hits you hard and you just can't stop it. I try to go to bed everynight in some type of sexy night gown to keep me CALM.

What it does for me is make me feel incredibly feminine. Maybe my imagination is overactive, but when I'm fully en femme, and properly tucked, I really feel (as much as it is possible for a male of the species to feel) like I have breasts and a pussy. I have no idea whether or not that is unusual for CDers, but it just feels so normal and natural to let my feminine side take over.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Life is what happens while you're making other plans

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry
    Cross Dressing: Who u r? Or, what u do?
    [SIZE="2"]I am definitely a kind of F E G, and it brings me X T C… [/SIZE]

Too clever for me. What is an F E G?

The inner me wants the outer me to look and feel the same throughout!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

so many great responses on this post and i really enjoyed reading them, equating with my own thoughts. Angela2me's 'normal' feelings are particularly evocative for me. i'm as much the femme me as i am the male me at this point, which has taken many years to arrive at. it's still something i do and, yes, there is still a sexual element to it in certain circumstances. but just on a day to day basis, it is who i am and what i do

Part of my want to dress, comes from my deep admiration of women, and how they live and deal with life. I want to be just like them. (the good parts) And I too have that drive that wants me to be fem. It make me feel good when I dress and I do feel a calming effect that helps me deal with life's issues. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    I've pretty much given up finding, "the female within".
    Welcome to my club! I cant find "her" either within me. I don't feel feminine after wearing crossdressing either, and don't find underdressing any special nor do i crossdress any bit at home even while staying alone. i find dressing up as guy/girl/whatever amusing if i feel i look good (and also feel good). I dress up once/twice a month only to go out and meet other cds.. I cant narrow it down to just one reason why i want to do that.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    I gave up long ago trying to answer the unanswerable,there is a feeling of serenity when im dressed.One thing I know is that I just Loooove! what I do,and who I am

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I don't know, I can't remember what I was doing when I started this, like, 46 years ago.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Crossdressing is what we do; the 'why' part determines what we are, and there's usually more to it than just wearing the clothes, or you wouldn't find so many of us using female pronouns, female names, wearing wigs, female jewelry, wanting to learn how to walk like a girl, talk like a girl, apply make up, get our eyebrows done, shave ourselves like a female, etc.. For a lot, there's a huge homophobic thing going on, after all, that's the type of upbringing we've had, and it can take years or even never to be able to face that side. I'll be the first to admit that for decades I really didn't know why I always felt like I HAD to dress up, or I would go crazy. And I don't know if everyone really wants to know. For some, the behavior is self limiting, and goes no further.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Just this incredible need to express my femininity for me.
    We just spent a week on vacation (wife and I) and it was my first time femme all week. At the end it was so difficult to revert back and I find myself wishing I didn't. Now I just want to plan another week like that...maybe more...I was so at ease I can put it into words.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

It is not who I am because there is more to me than crossdressing. Perhaps it is part of me because there is a compulsion to do it. Mostly, however, I think it is something that I do sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by jennCD View Post
    Can't really say why, it's just what it is.... hardwired into my brain to feel normal (whatever that means to me), I guess.
    jenn
    I would agree. Crossdressing feels VERY normal to me sometimes. At other times, it makes me feel extreemly out-of-place. I can't put my finger on whey for either case.

Just don't make me stop.
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]

KarenS
    I love being a woman!

Quote Originally Posted by KrystalA View Post
    What it does for me is make me feel incredibly feminine. Maybe my imagination is overactive, but when I'm fully en femme, and properly tucked, I really feel (as much as it is possible for a male of the species to feel) like I have breasts and a pussy. I have no idea whether or not that is unusual for CDers, but it just feels so normal and natural to let my feminine side take over.
    Krystal you must have read my thoughts! This is my mindset whenever Linsey is out there.
    "Missed it by that much!"

I wear female garments for a really strange, bizarre reason...

...they feel good

(I can't believe that anyone would really think that a pair of boxer shorts, or worse yet, those awful jockey shorts, feel better than a nice pair of nylon panties.)
    People who live in glass houses should pull the shades down!!

"I am what I am"
    - Popeye

Hi,

Because i design make & sew them no point hanging in the cubboard, is there, & i display them = wearing them to large do's get to gethers, & so on & down the streets all dressed up. a show off if you like .

main reason 's i can i do i like being able to & im a woman , simple i think.

...noeleena...

A few examples to help explain.

Yesterday, I found a nice pair of brown 3" heels on clearance (brown Mary Janes; $19.99.) When the person at the cashier completed his transaction, the female cashier looked at me and said "I can help you over here, maam." That began a brief dialogue about card processing, shoe styles, and clearance pricing that I would never have experienced in drab.

At a super market, GGs within the market chuckled and/or commented with me as we attempted to pass our shopping carts within the confines of the crowded aisles. Later, as the GG cashier was ringing up my grocery purchases, she commented her approval about a lipliner that I had selected.

I live for these interpersonal exchanges in a world where drab me would otherwise have been excluded or looked at suspiciously.

Even though I'm aware that my physical size reduces my effectivity at blending, in my head, I blend. When I'm dressed, I feel soft, vulnerable, appreciative (when someone holds a door or seats me), smiling inside (when someone says I look nice), pleasantly flattered when someone flirts (yes, it happened), and all those other feelings that come with a personna that doesn't have to be strong and stalwart. I can understand and, more importantly, feel why it is that some want to be with someone who will take the weight of the world off of their shoulders for awhile and treat them as something special.

I would know none of this in my XY world.
    Susan

"Not sure who I am, yet. But, I'll let you know..."

I enjoy dressing in Women's clothing. I do it as often as I can, and that is usually ever day. I do it for my own pleasure and not to hurt or harm anyone!