Thread: PLEASURE, the best word for why we dress

Aspiring Member

Question PLEASURE, the best word for why we dress

PLEASURE
    : desire, inclination <wait upon his pleasure — Shakespeare>
    : a state of gratification
    a : sensual gratification b : frivolous amusement
    : a source of delight or joy

I was looking for the best single word to describe what we do. Pleasure seems to cover all the basis for me. Is there a better single word.

Kitty

I am okay with pleasure too!

I'm Ok with pleasure as a descriptor as well.

Fun is another word I like.

If it has to come down to a single word . . . Pleasure seems to say it all.

Non-Binary / Two-Spirit
    Pleasure is certainly in there. I can't deny that. I am a sensual being. But is that why I dress?

My answer is to be myself... so myself... or self. It does bring pleasure being myself. But pleasure is an after effect.
    Last edited by sanderlay; 10-16-2011 at 03:22 AM. Reason: spelling
    Don't suppress who you are inside your heart. Let the world know how special you really are. Don't forget to smile as you share. It will come through in your beautiful words.

Your Sister/Brother,
    Debbie/Steve

Would 'relief' be a close second?
    Reine

Aspiring Member
    The word came to me when reading another "Why?" post. Pleasure does look like a perfect fit to the why we do it question. The word by itself without knowing the Webster's full meaning would not mean as much.

Reine, I think you have you are right on the word "relief".

Kitty

I would put Reine's answer first, and pleasure second myself, Relief is why, pleasure is the result.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Pleasure, yes. Relief, of course. But to me, it also brings a sense of normalcy and a definite sense of euphoria.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Life is what happens while you're making other plans

"Pleasure" does seem to hit it best, but "conformation" may be a close second for me.

Oh I think pleasure sums it up. If I was told you have to get rid of everything and just allowed to keep one thing I would choose nylons. Oooh so much pleasure in wearing nylons. Thank god winter is comming up I'll be under dressed all most full time.

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    Yes, it would. When I really think about it, that is a feeling I get quite often.

Quote Originally Posted by KrystalA View Post
    Pleasure, yes. Relief, of course. But to me, it also brings a sense of normalcy and a definite sense of euphoria.
    Ooooh, another great word! Euphoria....somehow, that gets us closer to the true feeling when we dress!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny Doolittle View Post
    "Pleasure" does seem to hit it best, but "conformation" may be a close second for me.
    Hmm. I like that one, too. Although for me, 'transformation' might lie closer to being more accurate.

Pleasure and Relief are to excellent words to describe why I love to dress!

Banned Read only
    I'm with Tasha. Fun is what comes to mind followed by a sense of calm (maybe even relief Reine).

Pleasure and relief are certainly part of it, the rewards. Compulsion may be more the why.

Non-Binary / Two-Spirit
    Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    Relief is very good... and lasting. But the word tells me I have a problem... and I need to have relief. I don't think I have a problem that requires relief. Perhaps I'm in denial?

Quote Originally Posted by KrystalA View Post
    Normalcy... Myself... That's even better. Normal. That's how I want to feel. I do not need to be cured.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyagain View Post
    I was looking for the best single word to describe what we do. Pleasure seems to cover all the basis for me. Is there a better single word.
    I'm beginning to believe we do what we do for different reasons. And so there is not a single word that describes it for all of us.

But I could be wrong...
    Don't suppress who you are inside your heart. Let the world know how special you really are. Don't forget to smile as you share. It will come through in your beautiful words.

Your Sister/Brother,
    Debbie/Steve

^ Ah! Just as you say, the words will be different depending on where a person is along the gender spectrum. "Pleasure", "relief", or "excitement" might perfectly describe it for someone at one end, and "normal" for someone at the other.
    Reine

under dressing makes me happy

I have no words to describe why... Because I don't know why.... Your describing the end result of crossdressing.... What crossdressing does to you or for you...... I can get pleasure so many other ways..... If anything describes my crossdressing its "driven"... Followed closely by "lemmingesk - driven by strong biological urges". Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I seriously have to say I agree with Karen. Weird, never thought I would say I agree with someone. J/K When I was under the effect of Bi-Polar medicine I never felt driven to CD. When I was being treated I never felt the need to do anything, including having sex. Now I feel driven to CD, so this leads me to believe that it must be biological.
    Last edited by SmileS12; 10-17-2011 at 01:40 PM.
    Trudy Evonne Monroe

I can promise you this: beauty - comes from the inside not the exterior surface. Beauty is not something you put-on...it's something you bring out. Many sisters get so caught up in trying to improve their appearance that they fail to enjoy the pleasure of becoming beautiful. ¨Renee Reyes¨

Banned Read only
    The woman within demands it! Stephanie is a woman. Steve is a man. They are mutually exclusive. However, they co exist in this mass of protoplasm.

Aspiring Member
    Thanks to everyone for the replies. As always y'all keep my mind open to new ideas and new views.

Kitty