Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ID at clubs !!

ID at clubs !!

This is a questions for the younger ones out there.
    Have you ever been ID'd when you tried to go to a club? Either a TG friendly club or just a normal one. I might go clubbing when I get my makeover next month as its always been a desire of mine to go clubbing as a girl, but I don't know what to do if I was asked for my ID. I can't get in if I show my male ID as that would look nothing like the girl me, and obviously if they think I'm not old enough, they may not let me in at all ):

I'm scared, I don't know if I can go or not.

you never know unless you try. if in doubt, just speak in your male voice and that should be enough to get in. good luck!

Why won't they let you in dressed as a girl? I occasionally get carded at a club or bar when they have a "card everyone" house rule. No problem if you are 21 or older. Just go for it.

Semi Sane innocent angel
    all they care is that yo u are over 21 . Some of the girls I go out with don't even come close to looking like there male ID . THey never had an issue . Looks at Allies ID and giggles .
    Business is the the art of extracting money from another mans wallet with out resorting to violence

9 out of 10 Dr say I'm sane. The 10th one never made it to the hearing. Did you know that California has drop bears ?

First a groom then a bride. Never again.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailie View Post
    ... its always been a desire of mine to go clubbing as a girl, but I don't know what to do if I was asked for my ID. I can't get in if I show my male ID as that would look nothing like the girl me
    Going clubbing as a girl was always a dream of mine and it came true a few years ago. My wife and I went to a big nightclub that was an LGBT one but that was also frequented by lots of straight people. That is my recommendation to you .. find a club like that. They don't care about how you look it's just about the age limit only. If anyone ever says anything (they won't) just say "yeah .. I look a little different tonight"
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Niyah, I look cute and passable in both modes!

I get carded every single time when I go normally anyways so I'm not sure, it would just really suck if I didn't get let in ):

Are they alot less lenient at places that usually more open to TGs?

Semi Sane innocent angel
    Yeah but I'm a spoiled brat.
    Business is the the art of extracting money from another mans wallet with out resorting to violence

9 out of 10 Dr say I'm sane. The 10th one never made it to the hearing. Did you know that California has drop bears ?

First a groom then a bride. Never again.

no one will question you, besides you probably look a lot more like yourself than you think. Anyway do you have an alternative suggestion???

Show the ID, smile, and if you are legal. . . Nothing is going to happen! In you go. If you get questioned, but I doubt it, the ever popular "Bad hair day" will probably get a smile back.

Same deal for using a credit card when asked for ID.

Have fun!
    Debby

Gold Member
    Or as an alternate, just "These driver's license photos always look awful!". In most cases, it only is a big deal to you. So give it a run and see for yourself.

It might be a problem in a biker bar, but anywhere else, as long as your of age, it should be no more than a little uncomfortable for you at that moment, but for the rest of the evening what does it matter!
    Between the age of 21 and 35 you can expect to be carded at anytime where you are not known, after all those places have a license to protect. But if you find a TG friendly place, the ID should be no big thing.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Hailie,
    Your profile here says you are 18. So are you lying to us or to the clubs that have carded you? If you are 18, just don't do it in either mode, but think about how much you would enjoy being arrested for underage drinking while crossdressed.
    Liz

I actually get a kick out of showing my male ID... Of course, its usually for a party since all this CDing for me is not a full time thing. A couple years ago, I was dressed and typically where I live, everyone is asked to show ID because the clubs are responsible if there is any problems...I was nervous at first but once the bouncer looked at my ID he just kept looking at it and back and forth....I joked that it was me and my voice convinced him....he thought it was great so amazed that he showed it to another staff...and they all wanted to come see me...anyhow, word spread around the club and I got a mention for best costume in the contest. I guess I looked convincing enough.
    Chickie

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth Ann View Post
    Hailie,
    Your profile here says you are 18. So are you lying to us or to the clubs that have carded you? If you are 18, just don't do it in either mode, but think about how much you would enjoy being arrested for underage drinking while crossdressed.
    Liz
    We've got some clubs here in Denver that do "18 and up" events somewhat regularly, and just mark the underaged with Xs on both hands in bold permanent marker. So it's actually not unsurprising that she's capable of hitting a club at that age.

As for me, I have yet to have a problem presenting my male ID at any venue I've gone to.
    One may tolerate a world of demons for the sake of an angel. - Reinette, Doctor Who: The Girl In The Fireplace

the happy camper
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailie View Post
    This is a questions for the younger ones out there.
    Have you ever been ID'd when you tried to go to a club? Either a TG friendly club or just a normal one. I might go clubbing when I get my makeover next month as its always been a desire of mine to go clubbing as a girl, but I don't know what to do if I was asked for my ID. I can't get in if I show my male ID as that would look nothing like the girl me, and obviously if they think I'm not old enough, they may not let me in at all ):

I'm scared, I don't know if I can go or not.
    I've been carded two or three times now while en femme. My license still shows me with the goatee I had a few years ago. Nothing at all has been said. The last time it happened I made a weak joke about looking a little different. The guy was too bored to care. They see all kinds of stuff at clubs. We aren't a novelty to them.

Gosh I've had to show my ID a lot over the last couple of years.
    In the beginning they would just look at me and chuckle.
    About 6 months ago, the big burly bouncer guy said "really? good job"
    Just a couple of months ago, the cute counter girl at the Tart Outlet here in Concord thought it was my husband! I have to admit I was walking on air the rest of that day.

Don't be afraid to show your ID, in fact don't be afraid to do anything. Be proud, trannies are the life of the party.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

Sure you can. I go in the clubs with my male ID while dressed. In fact I even fly the same way.
    Michelle

Aspiring Member
    I've been carded countless times over the years, but not as much lately as I used to be...

It's really nothing to worry about. I suspect there's been a few times when it was more to get a look at the picture than to ensure my age, but hey what are you going to do otherwise?

Go have fun and don't let your ID hold you back from enjoying yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Badtranny View Post
    Don't be afraid to show your ID, in fact don't be afraid to do anything. Be proud, trannies are the life of the party.
    That earns a big smile!

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Some of the places I go have a card-everyone policy. Some of them know me, but they card me just the same as everyone else. They would get annoyed not that I had male ID but rather that my ID was not one of the ones specifically named as acceptable under the liquor license laws. (They were much happier when I got one of the common ID forms.)

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth Ann View Post
    Hailie,
    Your profile here says you are 18. So are you lying to us or to the clubs that have carded you?
    I have not checked to see where Hailie is from, but where I live the legal drinking age is 18.

Banned Read only
    If you're 18 and going into a non alcohol setting, that's totally different than attempting to show false ID to get into an alcohol environment. The establishment has to protect their liquor license. I am assuming there would not be any civil infraction with the local authorities, if a younger person got in. Personally, at age 18 I'd stay with the clubs that are TG friendly. Don't present as a female and try fooling some bias guys in a straight club.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Hailie is in Toronto Ontario, where the legal drinking age is 19, but the legal "age of majority" is 18. This leads to odd situations where one can be legally admitted to some places but not legally drink there. There are also non-alcoholic "teen clubs" that are age restricted.

The provinces adjacent to Ontario, Quebec and Manitoba, both use 18 as their drinking age. Quebec was planning to lower the drinking age to 14, but I do not know if that is going through.

I regret the tone of my first post. Around here, the limit is always 21, and I did not realize that it was lower in Canada, or that Hailie was in Canada.

To be honest, my youngest is now 21 and I am grateful that there were some obstacles, however effective, to his access to alcohol when he was younger. One of my worst nightmares is to get a call late at night from the police, "there has been an accident . . . "

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Getting carded is part of the routine. If a place was raided by the police, they would ask to see everyone's ID so it is up to the place to make sure you have a valid ID before letting you in or it could be there ass on the line even if you are obviously over age. Sometimes though, I think they ask just for curiosity to see how I used to look. If they want to cause trouble, they could deny you entrance by saying the photo does not look like you. I've never had this happen.

Funny side note, I saw a sign at my local liquor store which says we card anyone who looks under 25yrs old. So I get carded and show my ID. Out of curiosity I asked how old I looked. (this is in drab) She said around 35. I suggested she take the sign down as it apparently means nothing. I just thought it was funny.

Gen