Thread: And Then My Uncle Says......

And Then My Uncle Says......

I went out as Sarah last night. I was headed to a town about 25 miles from my house. Suddenly, I decided it was time for my aunt and uncle to see me dressed up. I figured it was close enough to Halloween to use that as an excuse. I know that isn't honest, but they are in their 80s and don't really need to know at this point. My aunt isn't in the best of health, either, and I wouldn't want to upset her.

I get there and knock on the door. My uncle answers and has no idea who it is. I didn't realize this, I thought he was just really surprised. My aunt doesn't recognize me either.

"I'm your nephew!" I said.
    "Which one?"

I tell them who I am. Of course, they want to know why I am dressed the way I am. I made up a story for the reasons I said earlier in this post.
    My aunt told me my makeup looked good. I thought so too, but acted surprised she thought so. It's probably the first time I did a good job with makeup and it was a rush job!
    My uncle said when he opened the door, he thought I was a gay woman.

We talked awhile and my aunt said I had pretty shoes and asked where I got them.
    She told me to be careful (walking and otherwise).

Then my uncle says: "He makes a pretty woman."

That's about the best compliment I have had in a long time.

After I left, I went to town, unfortunately, the town was in a different time zone than I thought, so things were closing up. I did do some shopping at walmart and I got some gas. I love looking down at my legs and feet while pumping gas in a dress!

It was a great night and I told this aunt I would surprise my other aunt on Halloween (she wasn't home or I would have seen her last night).

What a great night!

Sounds like you had a fun time.

Sarah there's nothing like getting a compliment like the one your uncle gave you. It's real confidinse builder and ego boost.
    Hugs and kisses Brenda

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm glad your aunt didn't say, "Uncle"!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I did something similar with my parents and they responded in a similar way... told me I looked like my cousin. Anyhow, no one ever said much after that...one of those things relatives either wisper to each other in the background or they choose to forget it. I like the 'which nephew?' response! Perfect!
    Chickie

I think the complement from your uncle would bring me to happy tears! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone: