Thread: Long haul travel en femme

Long haul travel en femme

Come Thursday or Friday this week I will have a go at long haul travel en femme for the first time. It will be from central London, Heathrow and to Bangkok and Pattaya.

I have been to Thailand more than 50 times but never en femme and I actually never been in flight dressed. So you lassies that have been out there on flights and airports, this one is for you. What can I expect? Will I be pestered at security, immigation and customs? How do in-flight staff treat you?

Also, if you got any advice on where to hang out in Bangkok or Pattaya I'm all ears. Most of the time I'm there I just go to the gogo bars but it will be different this time.

/Johanna

its best to have your passport picture updated.
    Be honest, have your paperwork right and it isn't a problem.

Oh,
    Khao san Road

The heart of the city

Yep, I got three passports and driver's licencens from a number of countries. Too bad none of them has my femme name on them - yet!

Khao San eh, I have not styed in that area since the 80s. I tend to not stay in less than five stars if I can avoid it. I need to locate some friendly places this time...

Perhaps I could buy a fake id card at Khao San, they used to sell them in that area in the past, then I could get one with my femme name and the ultra-cool Italian surname I have choosen

/Johanna

you could just change your name and have a real ID.

Hi,

Im a Phuket girl N Z to Singapore then Phuket flying 10 hour s . not including 4 hours trav to get to the airport.

Have your name as your birth certs say, photo of you as who you are, unless your going to have surgery then your photos can be femme. no issues unless you make them as to customs & boarding pass no problems.your ticket will have your given name so dont try & change it to some thing else other wise youll not be on board the flight,
    Just be up front with all paper work & no one will be bothered , Cant help you on Bankok.
    have a good time while your there,

...noeleena...

My driver's license and passport both have my male name and picture, and I use them for ID purposes. It's never been a problem, but sometimes is the subject of conversation! (Never negative.) I plan to get a Florida ID with my name name but female presentation and keep that clipped to my passport. One TSA sugested that to me. One thing you might expect is a patdown. I usually have hip or butt pads that draw a TSA's attention, and when I am patted down it has been by a female agent who has always been courteous. (I don't think I would allow a male agent to pat me down when dressed.) I was not at all embarrassd by this -- in fact, it was rather pleasant! And don't worry about a body scanner showing up pads or breast forms -- they see them in GG passengers anyway.

The important thing in my opinion is not to misrepresent yourself. If asked, I'm a man who prefers to travel looking like a woman -- my normal travelling presentation. Their concern is security questions and makling sure that passengers a properly identified, and I have no problem with that. So what if the TSA agents should talk among themselves afterward? At least I've given them a reason for smile or two.

However, I have never flown pretty outside of the US, so don't know if there would be any immigration issues.

BTW, several times I've been patted down by a male TSA when in drab but wearing a bra. When asked, I just say "Oh, that's my bra" and they always took that in stride.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

OK, sounds like a walk in the park. I assume they seen it all in Bangkok, my concers are with Heathrow. A former friend of mine once stole a stewardess' uniform on a flight to Bankok via Kuala Lumpur and got caught - it was not that pleasant to be kicked off at KUL and explain to the police I was informed. Not that I would do something like that but it is perhaps not too common to see a CD in-flight after all...

/Johanna

Custumes can be very strict, ensure you have all your papers in order.

Good luck sounds like an adventure of a life time. Have fun.

Cheers Cindy, I am sure it will be great. It is just so nice to get out there and put it all into practice. Only last Friday I rocked up at the office dressed and I still got a job. My inexperience with make-up is where I have to put some more effort in, not having used it much since late teens.

/Johanna

So, the journey began about one hour ago. I'm all in pink, daydress I just picked up at Harrods, tights, drab shoes that could pass as femme. Undies kindly donated by my gg friend. Travel light as per usual, only carrying my soft crocodile briefcase containing two macs, an ipad, my bose headset so I can practice my walk to Stromae's Alors on danse. Passports, black amex. Just now chilling at the Hilton in good company, my dear friend Bollinger - entering holiday mode.

/Johanna

Just arrived in Bangkok - no problem at all...

/Johanna

Wow! Sounds like you did the big one! Keep us posted on the adventure!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Yep, it all went smoothly, no comments or hassle at all. Only interesting bit was a young boy on the Picadilly line that looked at me for a long time and smiled back at me when I smiled at him. I am now in a taxi on my way to Pattaya, it is 6:32 pm here and all I need to do is to check in at the hotel and go clubbing.

/Johanna

Just love the dresses and silk you find out here in Thailand. It is alright to wear all these cool things out here but not back home in London. I have even managed to buy one piece of garment that I don't even know what it is. It has taken me two days to figure out how to put the thing on. It is not a sarong, nor a skirt nor trousers. Really strange one, but it is great. I love it to bits. Great being out here, I had nails done, foot massage on the beach and at least 13 ****s in two days. Life is sweet.

/Johanna

This is just so much fun. I just went thru security here at Bangkok airport and they stopped me and search my bag. Not a word about that there were not a single male item in there. Nice one!

/Johanna

I'm so envious! You are a lucky girl, it sounds like it's a blast!

Yes it was a good one, lets do that again! This was actually the first trip I ever did 100% en femme not counting my shoes and one pair of trunks I bought for swimming. I just did not find any nice women's my size and the ocean was only across the road, I really wanted to go in. I've been back in London a few days now and I can't recall wearing much of my men's, it was quiet at the office, most of them still on annual leave, so, no comments on my new bling and nails. Too bad it is kinda closed everywhere during the new year and all, I really like to find a shrink to start my assessment in order to get my hormones and eventually the Charing Cross clinic. Even the Way Out Club is closed tonight and are having their new years on the 7th instead. I really need to find out what to do tonight.

Happy New and all that jazz!
    /Johanna

Ah, the little souvenirs from my trip. None of these were bought - they are all from the GGs I "met" out there. All this was in my cabin bag at Bangkok airport when security opened my bag. There were also all my stuff as well.

/Johanna
    Attached Images Attached Images