Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Corsets

You can call me Sarah lovemyboobs's Avatar

Corsets

Hey Girls,
    Well I just ordered a corset on ebay this weekend but don't have any experience with them. I am looking forward to getting it on for the first time but any suggestions on wearing one and what to expect?
    - Sarah

Better posture and learning how to cope with less air. But in return for less air you can get your figure to look amazing. Who needs air anyways? =P

Very true. Is the less air thing a long term deal or just while wearing?
    And I am looking forward to the better looking figure hope it really makes my breasts look good! I will post pics when i get it in.
    - Sarah

It's mild discomfort while putting it on and then once it's off your fine. But I think I have mine too tightly laced and is mildly crushing.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lovemyboobs View Post
    ... any suggestions on wearing one and what to expect?
    Expect it to be tight! It will be a little bit harder to breathe and it will be a little bit uncomfortable if you go out to dinner and have a big meal. If you're wearing high heels (say 4" or above) expect your lower back to ache after about 2 hours. Also if you have it pulled in tight when you take it off at the end of the night it might hurt a little on your lower ribs. If it's really tight, then expect a bruise on your lower rib in a day or two. All the things I've just mentioned are based upon what actually happened to me. That said, I love my corset (when I wear it) because as others have said, it gives you and awesome hour glass figure (with boob and hip padding too) Tight corsets are great!
    Last edited by Rachel Morley; 10-16-2011 at 09:51 PM.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Yeah!! I love my 6 corsets!! I wear mine 20 hours a day,/6 days a week... Tight lacing. And over the years its changed my body.. Really works. Moving internal organs around and has shrunk my rob cage to 35". My waist can now cinch to 27". There's a lot involved. Just wearing one once in a while is mostly like wearing shape wear. It will pull in your gut. But over the long tern you will get an hour glass figure... Some thing to know. Cinch it tighter before bed since you loose fluids at night and it will loosen.. Alternately don't lace it too tight in the morning since you expand during the day. And it can get really painful if you are in a place where you can't loosen it some! Really hurts!!! What brand did you get? I've found that anything under $100 is made too poorly to be worn 24/7 for long. Before it starts coming apart.. PM me and I'll send you some links to my photos...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Well just went for the cheap to start off with to see if I like it probably something cheap from china. If I like it I may save some money and go to a local shop to see what they have available. And will do on the PM
    - Sarah

Well Never mind on the PM for some reason this thing won't allow me to view other's profiles and PM them yet. Any ideas why?
    - Sarah

Chelsea Von Chastity gender_blender's Avatar
    I have a dozen corsets. It's a nice secure feeling article of clothing that can correct posture and draw attention to your waist. I prefer underbust corsetry/waist cinchers because you can wear a bra or tshirt above. Just make sure the boning is quality and the laces are decent.
    I'd also advise waiting until your arrival before tightening the lacing as it's difficult to drive without oxygen.

Very true driving without air could prove difficult. However I don't wear out that often primarily just at home for now. I don't have the patients to try and do myself up in a manner that would be passable. I have worn a bra under shirts before in public but try to not be too noticeable.
    - Sarah

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie-Lynn View Post
    Better posture and learning how to cope with less air. But in return for less air you can get your figure to look amazing. Who needs air anyways? =P
    Less air, and less food. I ate a way-too-big meal in my corset last night and was in some serious distress until I could get somewhere to loosen it a bit. But it's also a great aid to dieting if you are committed about wearing one every day. The corset gets more comfortable and shapely the skinnier you get, at the same time that it helps remind you not to eat too much.

- Diane

Quote Originally Posted by lovemyboobs View Post
    Well just went for the cheap to start off with to see if I like it probably something cheap from china. If I like it I may save some money and go to a local shop to see what they have available. And will do on the PM
    Cheap ones are fun! I started buying mine locally. At a couple exotic lingerie shops. Trying them on and having an SA lace you up is worth the money! Lol.

Just got through playing hockey. I'll PM you after I get a few hours sleep.

.......My Photos

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Unfortunately, if u like REAL TITE LACING, a cheap corset, (assuming it IS a corset and not a basque or bustier), may come apart after just a few wearings. I suggest u NOT start by lacing it very tite. Try "tite" to begin with. Wear it for awhile and see how u like it. Then, titen it up a little more each wearing. It will be easier on u AND the "corset" that way. And eventually, after a number of tite lacings, a steel boned corset will bend somewhat to your particular shape!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Hi!

Everyone has offered great advice! At first you may not want to lace down more than about 4" around your waist. Since you aren't used to the various restrictions that corseting involves, you probably shouldn't lace tighter than that until you are comfortable with what is involved.

Yes, restriction in taking deep (or sometimes even satisfying) breaths is quite normal and yes, it definitely is not wise to eat too much at any one meal or to drink any carbonated beverages (definitely including beer!).

After a short time you may feel like you can't stand another minute of being corseted. That is precisely the moment to decide that yes, you can and will wear it for longer. Challenge yourself to see if you can remain laced for another hour or even 1/2 hour and if you achieve that, challenge yourself to another hour or 1/2 hour.

Why do I suggest this? Because our corset wearing sisters, back when it was in fashion, didn't get the chance to pop out of their corsets whenever they wanted to, so if you really want to experience what they did then you have to remain laced beyond those moments.

If all else fails, head out to a movie or the opera or something.

Have fun and enjoy your new corset!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Just my opinion but buying a cheep corset is the best way to waste your money that I know of.
    Buy a good quality one and you go straight to heaven without passing go!

SUZY
    Last edited by suzy1; 10-17-2011 at 02:40 AM.

Caution, in the south, back in the olden days when women all wore corsets as part of there daily dressing, it was not unusual for a women to suffer from the Vapors, a terrible condition that would cause a women to pass out at times, especially in hot weather, and times of stress. Turns out Vapors is nothing more than not being able to breath because the lacing's where to tight. Oh and on a serious note, even a waist cincher that rides up on the rib cage can bruise, if it's to tight, and be sore for days. Have fun with it, I've never heard of a CD, that doesn't own one or want one.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Lol. I actually had "vapors" last week... Took a long walk at noon... Wearing my corset... And the sun came out and I got really faint and had to head back to the office.. The longer you wear them the easier it is to breath shorter smaller breaths. As long as you don't over exert yourself.. And you can shift the corset up or down a bit which makes a big difference breathing. During the day I shift it down a little away from my rib cage and at night when I'm sleep I shift it upwards....

.......My Photos

After reading the responses here I have decided I really don't need a corset.

Vieja

Quote Originally Posted by Vieja View Post

Vieja
    Wus!! Real men wear corsets!! Lol.

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Vieja View Post

Vieja
    lol every girl needs one in her kit
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I think this is interesting, don't forget to update how it worked out! I'm looking at some from china to on ebay because of the cheap prices!
    btw, got any link to it, curious about what model you choose

Quote Originally Posted by suzy1 View Post
    Just my opinion but buying a cheep corset is the best way to waste your money that I know of.
    Buy a good quality one and you go straight to heaven without passing go!

SUZY
    I'm sure that's true, but I could never afford one of the pro corsets with real whale bone and the bling bling, getting one from ebay for 10-20€ that's more like it... and when it breaks (because I'm sure it will) I can afford to get a new one
    but anyway... you always get what you pay for, we've bought a couple for my SO earlier and only 1 broke so far!
    My whole life I have been dressing up as a man. This is me.
    Maura - Transparent

Find me on any of these places:
    Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Youtube, Instagram

They are fun and even more fun if you can have somebody help you lace it up!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I went to a local adult store to get mine, spent a little more than i wanted but still under $100. the sa's were awesome. i bet i tried on 6 different ones then when i thought i'd found the right one the sa came in and tied it for me no problem. I came out to pay for it and asked for one more favor, could she put it back on me so i could were it home, again no problem, and she reminded me to not go to tight to fast for comfort and longevity of the corset(cincher). It feels amazing and draws attention to my waist. i look at least 20 lbs lighter.

If you want to wear a corset because they are pretty/sexy and don't really need it for shape control, a cheap and pretty one will do it you don't intend on lacing it up tight. But if you wear a corset to slim your waist (or create one - I speak from experience) a good one is a must, and you have to shell out the money for a good one.

I make custom fit corsets for men and women all the time. I use only steel boning and busks in my work, and before cutting the GOOD fabric, I always make a fitting pattern to ensure that I have a proper fit. Karren Hutton is right, anything that costs less than $100.00 (US) is NOT WORTH IT, they are most likely made with cheap plastic boning which offer NO support or holding ability, they will buckle at contact points, and will NOT give you the desired effect for longer than the time it takes for you to move your position. Do yourself a favor and invest in a properly made, well fitting corset and follow the rules for "corset training" and you will eventually give yourself the hour-glass figure or wasp-waist you desire. I adore my corset and when I do get to wear it, my wife cinches me down from a 38 inch waist to a 34 inch waist. Although, I have been losing weight so it may be time for me to get a new one. YEAH ME!
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.