Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Corsets

You can call me Sarah lovemyboobs's Avatar
    Well it is pretty much this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sexy-Blue-Co...ht_3944wt_1085

Yes I know it is cheap made in china crap but like I said I just want to try one one that is economical for me and then if I like it I will invest in a good one. Probably about a month or two down the road.
    Thank you for all the advice. I will keep everyone up to date on it I did get an email that it is in the mail so hopefully not too much longer!!
    - Sarah

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Thanks for posting the link, Love. Please be warned, ANYTHING that is advertised as, "lingerie", should NOT be confused with a figure control corset!
    This one is "honestly" labeled as a bustier. Even tho their description says it can be used for "waist reduction", and that's nonsense!
    Close inspection of the grommets show there is no solid stay to keep them from ripping out!

When I tried to titen my very first bustier "corset" from FOH, I ripped out every grommet the very first wearing! Of course, it was a simple matter to get my money back from them. Good luck getting it back from China!

It's a fair price for STRICTLY DECORATIVE bedroom lingerie to wear for your partner! But, it's NOT a real corset!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Wow, i had no idea that so many were wearing corsets. I have been doing them for years and have worn out several. At times i'm totally committed, then I get lazy. Once you get used to them and them to you, they can be worn every where. Have fun, it'such a fun hug.

I've got a few new vidette's (the rubber itches after a wile) and a couple of vintage camps. love them to death im looking to step up to a 24 hr corset. What would you recommend???
    Kim

Do most corsets have hooks in the front or do they have to be laced every time. Reason I ask is I need something I can put on by myself. I have been looking at this one http://www.crossdresser.com/product_...atID=7&Search=

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DivaB View Post
    Do most corsets have hooks in the front or do they have to be laced every time. Reason I ask is I need something I can put on by myself.
    The last corset I bought was hooks at the front, lacing at the back. Once you get the lacing tight enough for your form, then you can leave that alone, and simply do up the hooks. If you do a search, there are a number of methods of doing up the lacing even tighter (if that's the look you're going for) such as by using your bedroom or bathroom doorknob, when there's no one around to help you.

When they say order 4 to 6 inches less than your waist size where do you measure your waist? Somewhere near your belly button?

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    When they say order 4 to 6 inches less than your waist size where do you measure your waist? Somewhere near your belly button?
    My thoughts are that would be the area just below your bottom ribs, a few inches above your belly button.

Aspiring Member
    the best place for anything corset related........... see post below
    Last edited by suit; 10-24-2011 at 06:34 AM. Reason: see post below

Do most corsets have hooks in the front or do they have to be laced every time. Reason I ask is I need something I can put on by myself. I have been looking at this one http://www.crossdresser.com/product_...atID=7&Search=
    Real waist training corsets don't have hooks in front, Diva. The link u showed appears to be a real corset. However, those r busks in front, not hooks. Nearly ALL real corsets have those! U r supposed to fasten them BEFORE u titen the back laces!

Measure your ACTUAL WAIST! Then, I suggest for your FIRST corset, order 4" smaller than that measurement. If u really use it, get a 6" smaller one for your next one. That's what I did and it's worked well!
    Remember, real corsets have metal stays. The corset and stays will form to YOUR BODY SHAPE after you've worn it awhile. Before it does, u can place it where ever u like. Within certain limits. Once it bends to your shape, the waist will naturally be where yours is!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Ok I'm not real good at this if I wear a 34 in men jeans should I order a 30. I'm not sure where to measure my "waist" don't really have a waist line if ya get my drift hoping the corset will make me a waist line. Really appreciate all your help and patience.

Aspiring Member
    http://www.staylace.com/updatelogs/upd_log.htm
    surf this sight .
    surf the links too.
    in three weeks you'll know way more about corsets

Ok I'm not real good at this if I wear a 34 in men jeans should I order a 30. I'm not sure where to measure my "waist" don't really have a waist line if ya get my drift hoping the corset will make me a waist line. Really appreciate all your help and patience.
    Yes, I DO understand. However, if u have a 38" waist and order a 30" corset, you're going to be disappointed, Diva! 34 is probably closer to your HIP SIZE? That's where most men where their jeans. WHATEVER your waist measures, I recommend u order a corset 4" to 6" smaller than that. Don't expect to crank MORE than 6" in off your tummy. And, even THAT could hurt u rite off the bat! Before your body's used to a corset! I had one on today for the first time in months. It hurt like heck until I got re-acclimated!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    WHATEVER your waist measures, I recommend u order a corset 4" to 6" smaller than that.
    Yes but where exactly is that measurement to be taken?? At bellybutton? Above? Below? Yes where male jeans would rest would be the hips. As with me, I have never had a reason to measure the waist measurement so where exactly is it??
    - Sarah

Quote Originally Posted by lovemyboobs View Post
    Yes but where exactly is that measurement to be taken?? At bellybutton? Above? Below? Yes where male jeans would rest would be the hips. As with me, I have never had a reason to measure the waist measurement so where exactly is it??
    Second that. Not sure either

The best way to know for sure is find a lingerie store that sells corset and go try one on... Call ahead and make sure they are friendly. In this economy they'd be stupid to turn away customers... Not buying the wrong thing is so worth the extra money. And having someone help you and lace you up is priceless!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by KandisTX View Post
    Do yourself a favor and invest in a properly made, well fitting corset and follow the rules for "corset training" and you will eventually give yourself the hour-glass figure or wasp-waist you desire.
    What are the rules of corset training?

Everyone's waist is located in the same place. It's the soft area with no bones directly above your hip bones and below your ribs!

The differences r that everyone's waist is NOT smaller than their hips, butt, or band size! Also, some folks have long waists. Giving them am option of where to center their corset. Short waisted folks like me, don't have that option!

The point of a corset is to give u and hourglass figure. Since the corset can't shrink your hips at all and has only a slight effect on your ribs, the middle of the hourglass MUST be your soft waist area! Altho, I've seen some large girls that use a corset to flatten out their big tummies! No hourglass shape, but no big belly hanging out either!

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    The best way to know for sure is find a lingerie store that sells corset and go try one on... Call ahead and make sure they are friendly. In this economy they'd be stupid to turn away customers... Not buying the wrong thing is so worth the extra money. And having someone help you and lace you up is priceless!!
    Karren honey if I looked half as hot as you I would be in every lingerie store in town.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Everyone's waist is located in the same place. It's the soft area with no bones directly above your hip bones and below your ribs!

The differences r that everyone's waist is NOT smaller than their hips, butt, or band size! Also, some folks have long waists. Giving them am option of where to center their corset. Short waisted folks like me, don't have that option!

The point of a corset is to give u and hourglass figure. Since the corset can't shrink your hips at all and has only a slight effect on your ribs, the middle of the hourglass MUST be your soft waist area! Altho, I've seen some large girls that use a corset to flatten out their big tummies! No hourglass shape, but no big belly hanging out either!
    That's kind of what I looking for less belly... Thank you all for the advise.

If you have are trying on a corset for the first time stand in front of a full length mirror and put it on back to front. That way you can see how the lacing works and there will be less fumbling when you go to put it on the right way round.

Good advice I'll try it, might fumble around a bit trying to tie a bow behind my back. Is it possible (I know it's wrong) to fasten the busks last?
    Last edited by DivaB; 10-26-2011 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lovemyboobs View Post
    Hey Girls,
    Well I just ordered a corset on ebay this weekend but don't have any experience with them. I am looking forward to getting it on for the first time but any suggestions on wearing one and what to expect?
    Hi everyone,

After reading the responses here I have decided I realy do need a corset.

xxx Jenny

well finally got it and love it! I will have to save up some money and get a really good one now!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - Sarah

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Came to this thread after reading Karens post about her corset sore. I had a question about the size change expected, and was pleased to see what to expect, or try for with the 4" to start. From 36 to 32 or so would be a great start. My question, which I did not find answered in this thread (will keep looking, but will post here anyway). Does the wearing of a corset, and the tight lacing, training routine have any interaction with tucking.. Do the pressures from the corset exert any undue forces that might cause pain for the tucked testicles that are up in the abdominal cavities. Tucking for 4 days, 24/7 except for bathroom use, and am very comfortable with the act of tucking and the activities when tucked, and have begun to think about corsets (well, not true, how can one not think about them all the time, so maybe just the purchasing of one)

Thanks, Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.