Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Physically Active Or Not

Physically Active Or Not

Just like men and women, some CDers are more active than others. I try to watch my weight and keep a slim athletic figure. I do this for many reasons, one of which is to keep the figure I have so I can look good in a dress.

I run, ride bikes, play soccer, etc. I was just curious how many CDers out there stay active to help keep a femme shape and what activities do you do to stay in shape?

Xristy

Absolutely! I attribute CDing as a main motivator to stay in decent shape.

I cycle mainly, but walk a lot.
    -Sedona

I cycle too. Started seriously this year. Lost thirty pounds so far and feel great. Now I need a new dress!

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Being a geek, I'm afraid that the most exercise I get is clicking and dragging a mouse - but I have an index-finger of steel, baby!

Kathi

Ohh yeah!! I exercise daily. I have all the home gym equipment. And play ice hockey 1 to 2 times a week... At work I walk at lunch.... I have a push mower... I never use elevators... Not so much to maintain my girlish figure, though its a bonus. To maintain my health. Getting old is not something you go into out of shape! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Maybe CDing has a little to do with trying to stay in shape but I feel it is more about putting off the inevitable and feeling good about my self. Of course looking good in a dress is also a worthy goal
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Well, I dance a lot. Club dancing mostly. That way I can shake the "booty" and get exercise at the same time.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Lots of walking. I also work at a blue collar job, so my arms and upper body get a workout most nights.

Banned Read only
    I've always walked a lot. When I was still working I would intentionally park my car up a steep hill so I'd get somewhat of a workout on the way home. Now I walk a lot. When you get older the aches and pains of youth start catching up with you. A recommendation I have for your youngsters is to stay away from hard impact exercises which will cause accelerated deterioration on joints. Due low impact exercises such as walking and swimming. Since diagnosis as a diabetic controllable with exercise and diet, I've changed eating habits and walk more than usual. I've lost fourteen plus pounds.

Right now I'm posting in a Merona XL size red and white floral print which looks terrific on me now. Getting rid of the "male pregnant" look should be a goal for every woman.

a bit nutty
    I get to walk and climb alot at work, it's the nature of my job. When the kids were babies I ran and did some weights, now I have precious little time between work and the kids activities. I'm still reasonably thin so it's not too bad. I miss the rush and how fit I felt. Now I just stay away from the baddies like candy/pastries/cookies. I have them from time to time but in extreme moderation. Uh, beer is my only vice, now if I could only stop drinking the stuff. I don't want to go from a 12 to a 16!

Ginger

I hit tennis balls against a backboard on my ground floor patio. I started playing tennis when I was 8 years old and played 2-3 days a week most of my life. Same with martial arts.

I suddenly quit during the period where I got divorced, lost everything, was forced to resign from my job, then filed for bankruptcy. For some reason, I lost my motivation, lol.

But I am back hitting balls off the backboard, confident that I will be back playing tennis soon. Like next month or 5 or 10 years from now...lol

Hey, nothing is impossible
    unless you can't do it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Looking good as a woman is my primary motivator for working on my weight and trying to stay in shape.

Over the past few years, thanks to Weight Watchers, I've learned how to eat better. As a result, I initially lost around 45 pounds and went from a size 16/18 to a size 12 on top and a 6/8 on bottom.

Over the past couple of years I gained back a bit of that weight, but without the motivation and without working on staying on the Weight Watchers plan I'd probably be a lot bigger by now.

I also learned to exercise and most days I either do a 4.5 mile (7.2 km) walk/run or a workout at the women's exercise center that we belong to.

I really believe that if I wasn't a crossdresser I'd be a couch potato.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Silver Member
    I live a fairly sedentary lifestyle, partially due to my work but never in my whole life ever had much of an interesting in anything physical (sports, exercise etc. always bored me to tears.) I also like big women, so it wouldn't be a factor if I decided to become more active and lose weight. I figure if people are somehow offended by my size, they can just avert their eyes and look at something else.

I have always exercised and used to stay in shape for sports. I no longer am active in sports and so my exercise motivation now is to stay in shape to look good when cross dressing! It is a great motivator in addition to health.

I need to start working out again. I feel so much better without the extra 50 lbs I've tacked on in the last year.
    Weight Loss Club - Start: 259lbs, Current: 218.0lbs, Goal: 205lbs
    Come join us at the weight loss club in: Body Issues Section (membership required I think)

Chewies sister-moulted!
    Cycling enhanced via Ipod.
    Nowhere near enough either .........

Like Kathi, I keep my index finger very active! But I'M NO GEEK! I also dance weekly and do a lot of elbow bending while lifting these speacial weights and drinking plenty of fluids!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    At my advanced age, I exercise to stay alive!! I do a lot of walking, but I do go to the YMCA almost every day. Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays I do the weight machines and the other days I ride a bike!! When my wife died 6 years ago my 2 children told me that I had to live to be 100 y/o so I could be the oldest one in the family!! I do have a way to go!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I was a competitive distance runner for over 40 years. In the last 5 years, impact injuries have taken their toll. I can no longer run. Most days I walk between 3-4 miles and I ride my bicycle. Last Sunday, I got on one of the railtrails and rode for almost 20 miles. The only thing that was sore afterwards was my bum.

I had noticed at the beginning of the summer that I had some weight gain creep--got on the scale at 160#. Also noticed that some of my nice skirts and pants were not fitting as well as they should. I upped my walking and cycling and watched my snacking. Am now at 148#.

I believe that excercise is the key to weight control.

Jodi

um - use to run but mostly hike and ride bicycle long distance, real long. Last fall I rode 1000km with full panniers. That topped about 2000 for the year. I really hate my belly fat and my S/O is forever putting carbs and dairy in front of me, then has the tenacity to laugh. A mean mean woman she is

Strength train 3 times a week, high intensity. Used to run distance but two hip replacements stopped that. Ride a bike 5-6 days a week in Summer I'm on the road. In the Winter I get on my staionary bike.
    Dana Fleming

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    I do 7 miles a day on my bicycle (in yoga pants, a sport bra, and women's long sleeve running top!). I get up at 4:30 am and am on the road by 5:30. When the cold weather hits, I will do 1/2 hr on the eliptical every morning. I also have a Bowflex, but I haven't used it for a while due to back problems. I have lost 50 lbs, and had to buy all new skirts!
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

Iam on the road to my new body and I changed my diet to raw foods very little cooking I am dropping about 3 to 4 pounds a week and not hungry or tired at all. I dream of the day I will be wearing a 12 ok may be 14 humm maybe a 10 oh well 60lbs to go.

I go to the gym 3 days a week, I do it for my general health but one of the benefits is I look and feel much better.

I've run and played tennis for 30+ years. I've run over 100,000 miles, and yes, everything works. Only problem is I have to get a new odometer. Average is 60 miles/week over those years. And I still can't eat everything I want, damn that aging thing...

My curse is low body fat, veiny arms. That's why I like cool weather, they're not as apparent. But I am a size 8, something to show for all the work. I love running and tennis, they're not a chore for me.