Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Physically Active Or Not

I want to keep my girlish (at least in my mind) figure so that gives me a quandry. I'm a tall girl and I don't want to have big arms and legs so I don't exercise intentionally. I keep active and on my feet all day at work, but don't push it too far. I try to cut my food intake by portion control. I went from a high of 190 to my current 165-168 which I want to maintain. I dipped below 160 but my wife didn't like the way I looked so I deferred to her judgment.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I stay physically active for reasons outside of cd. I absolutely love tennis and running and have recently gotten into rock climbing too. It's an added benefit that it keeps me slim. Though it's a bit of a double edged blade since I can't hit the gym and bulk up a bit for when I'm not in drag.

I work a very physical job so that helps a lot. Outside of work I ride and race off road motorcycles.
    Unfortunately my family genetics tend toward big people. It is a constant battle to keep the weight off.
    I need to drop 10 lbs right now. Put on a skirt that was a perfect fit 6 months ago and it is tight.
    Time to step back from the table and jump back on the bike.

You can call me Sarah lovemyboobs's Avatar
    Well I used to work out at least 4 times a week with running 3 times (3+ miles) but lately work has gotten busy so only get in running 2-3 times a week at about 3 miles. need to crank it up and lose some more weight!
    - Sarah

I walk to work, three miles there and back. An average day will give me between 5 and 8 miles. I also walk alot besides when I go to work too. Some days I can get up to 14 miles. And considering I live in a 1-square mile town, that's impressive!

Blimey! When you said active you really meant active eh? I was expecting to read more "I go to the gym as much as I can." I applaud everyone's dedication to being fit and healthy.

Say I don't suppose you fitness buffs would be able to point me in the direction for some nice thigh exercises? Preferably ones I could do in the warmth of my own home? I mean I walk back and forth to work but I need something else to shift the fat from my thighs. I'm afraid that I can't cycle, but I'm open to other options. Not anything to the same extent as rock climbing and things a long that route, I doubt I'd cope particularly well.
    I may not be perfect, but parts of me are pretty awesome!

Complete Geek and Girl gamer.

Road cyclist (Specialized Roubaix Pro) and very slow runner... 5-6 times a week. Been known to ride 192 miles in a weekend several times to benefit Dana Farber Cancer Institute. Not being able to exercise for any length of time has the same effect as not being able to dress at least once a week. Hmmm....I just realized that.

I thought that's what plus sizes are for, so I don't have to exercise!
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Platinum Member
    I work out several times a week and walk the dogs for exercise. I can't say that I've succeeding in acheiving a femme shape, but I am gradually whittling away a few pounds per month.

I ski 100+ days a year, use skins on my skis to hike far into the back country great exercise! Keeps my ole' body in great shape
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

I used to donate to a gym but between work and family, I didn't want to spend my limited free time in a gym. I do play hockey, volleyball and golf a couple times a week. I have dropped about 10 pounds to between 160-165 in the last year just by eating less so that has helped my enjoyment of my sports as well as my CDing. I can't say that the motivation for losing weight is to look better in a skirt but that sure is a welcome bonus. I could lose a few more pounds just by giving up my daily soft drink but my male side could use the extra pounds and I'm not sure I want to give up my coke.

A twice weekly long cycle ride and a Sunday afternoon walk with my wife. In between that I am building walls, laying floors (mixing mortar and concrete by hand), tiling roofs and looking after the furit trees in our garden. But I also have to eat three good meals everyday, so that I do not lose too much weight. I struggle to keep my weight above 10 stone (140lbs) at the lower end of the correct BMI for my height.
    Rachel,

As a crossdresser my personality has several facets. Therefore, I suppose I can be forgiven for being facetious.

a Brazilian here! Marcia Polari's Avatar
    Swimming weekdays and tennis on weekends.
    But I still keep my 165 pounds!

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    Likewise, I am able to maintain my 165 lbs...BUT I have to walk regularly at a good pace, 60-90 mins daily to do so.....thinking of getting into biking again too as a change of pace.

Until about 4 months ago I have done absolutely NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't get me wrong..........this was premeditated strategy, since I am a transsexual after starting my low calorie diet and jumping on hormones, all I could do is DO NOTHING to allow body to return to its default state and diminish decades of muscle mass and fat deposit buildup. Mind you I was a 220+- lbs body builder, not exactly a feminine criteria.

After 2 years of such diet and 9 months of hormones, I have achieved 164 lbs and was ready to get active!

Night club proved to be the source of phenomenal exercise, shaking your tush is not only cardio but an excellent way to strengthen lower and butt muscles.

Last night I was kneeling down in my GAP jeans fetching sheets from beneath the bed when my 17 year old son walked in and I heard; "NICE BUTT"

I confronted him to ask weather such comment was just for fun or was it an actual complement, we are sooooo tight I can ask such things , he replied" Yours is totally woman's butt, for real, but what I would do is still to get to exercise those muscles, it could then be phenomenal"

Well, needless to say, he made my night, and today i have done an hour of buttocks, I can't sit, walk or stand without pain.........................
    Last edited by Inna; 10-18-2011 at 04:54 PM.

It's very interesting to read all of these exercise routines! I work out at a gym twice a week. My motivations are, in no particular order, 1. to stay at the low end of my BMI score, 2. to get as close as possible to an hourglass androgynous figure, 3. to be strong, 4. to stay in good cardiovascular shape, 5. to get an endorphin high from "the pump," 6. to keep my body fat percent as low as possible

Almost all my workout is done either on cable pulley machines, or pin selector weight machines. Free weights are probably better, but I try to rest only 60 seconds between sets, and putting weights on an off bars wastes too much time. Anyway, I do 2-3-4 sets of 25 reps with lower abs leg lifts on a dip bar, upper abs crunches on a machine, hip abductors, hip adductors, glutes extensions, leg presses on a sled, quads leg extensions, leg curls, toe/calf raises, back extensions, cable lats pulldowns, cable rows, pec deck flies, chest presses, machine pulldowns, shoulder presses, machine rows, triceps extensions, arm curls, and follow everything up with half an hour on a seated exercycle. I do my body weight of 150 on the pec deck, chest press and lats machines, am currently doing 500 on the leg press sled, and 200 on the hip abductor/adductor machines. Everything else varies between 50-100 pounds. Total amount lifted is usually around 100,000 pounds, and I'm usually in-and-out of the gym in about two hours +/-.

(Climbing up to pulpit) It's a fallacy to think that heavy weights make big muscles. Using heavy weights makes a person stronger, doing lots of reps and sets enhances definition (cuts). Eating more food calories than you burn causes big muscles if the excess food is protein. Extremely defined arms and legs may or may not be attractive as the eye of the beholder sees them, but if you count calories that is what you'll wind up with, not bulging Arnold Schwarzenegger type muscles. Obviously bone structure and heredity have a lot to do with it, too, and obviously a person who is trying to lose weight will have different needs. However I can say that using my routine I've lost 17 pounds in eight months after overindulging at Thanksgiving,Christmas and New Year's. At 5-11/6-0 tall, I weighed 155 before T-giving in 2010, and had ballooned up to 165 by Feb 1st. Using my routine I now weigh 148 and am lifting heavier weights than I did a year ago. My waist is down to 29, which lets me wear most size 8's and mediums. Sorry to preachify, but imo the most important exercise is still the pushaway at the dinner table, even if you burn 5000 calorie a day lifting, jogging, biking, you'll still get fat if you eat 5500 calories a day. It's inevitable.

I have been exercising since I was a young child. Much older now but I continue for my health and not for a girlish figure. Use to run but arthritis in my toes has nixed that now I cycle 4 times a week, lift weights 3 times a week, martial arts 4 times a week, in winter I downhill ski, in summer I volunteer in the Grand Canyon hiking the trails trying to keep the hikers safe. I feel exercise becomes more important as I get older and so I don't plan on stopping any time soon.

I run 35-45 miles per week. I have always enjoyed running and I now run enfemme all of the time.

Training for a 1/2 marathon in Philly currently. I also bike, hike, snowshoe, ski, and i guess you could include golf since I walk.

I exercise primarily for health reasons. Hour+ 5-6 times a week on a treadmill. Also better diet, low in fats, especially trans fats(total artificial), and saturated fats. No french fries, few hamburgers, lots of salads and fish. I have become a connoisseur of the best salads in town. My favorite is a sweet and sour chicken salad made with field green, charbroiled chicken, cucumber, papayas & pineapples, tossed with a light red wine vinaigrette.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own!!

I'm quite active, play a lot of soccer and golf, but i don't do it for my weight.
    I'm one of those people who can't put on a pound no matter what i do. Find it a pain sometimes because i wish i was a bit more bulk, but i don't complain, i know loads would love to have this problem and it's pretty handy that i can fit into most of my girl friends clothes

Unfortunately I am not active. I have recently cut back on eating and have lost 8 lbs in 2 weeks. I hope I can keep it up. I am about 60 lbs overweight and would like to lose several more pounds before January. I am going out of town and will be dressing for 6 straight days full time. I sure would like to look good in my LBD!

Right now I'm splitting and stacking firewood for the winter. And singing the obligatory Lumberjack Song while I work!

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    I have always enjoyed being fit. I run average between 35 and 50 miles a week running, but I never really did it because of my dress size. I do it because I enjoy it and as I get older I also do it because of the healt benefits that come with a good exercise routine. Still fitting in size 6 jeans is a great side benefit though.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

I am running once in a while, not much more. I used to go to the gym but i am afraid it gives me to much muscles. My upper arms are quite muscleless now. Is there a special way to get such slender femme upper arms?
    I am more of a CROSSDREAMER than anything else.