Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Physically Active Or Not

I eat what I want, and do construction work for a living. I keep trim, and get paid for it. Now if I could only gain a bit on the backside....

Oh Yes.
    I have lost about 30 pounds and have a girl goal weight, which I am approaching.
    I took my time lost the weight by eliminating junk foods, sugar and flour.
    I eat lots of fruit and eat salads daily, only do one cooked meal a day, drink allot of filtered water too. Feels great, I have been at this for several years now. I want to lose a bit more, really helps me feel like a lady.
    I do yoga and walk all over too.
    Saw some organic cotton camis and panties and yoga pants that I am saving for.....
    polythene pam

Aspiring Member
    walking lifting weights and I started going to a boxing gym have no desire to fight just like the cardio workoutfrom jumping rope and punching the bag

Banned Read only
    I road bikes as a kid, cycled for a year or 2 in my 20's and then became a cyclist in my early 50's about 10 years ago. The shirt I'm wearing in my avatar is a casual shirt, but rest assured that I do have the riding kit. Major Campagnolo fans here and my bike has a full Campagnolo drive train.

Anyway, I started cycling again due to rising cholesterol. Nothing really drastic, but it just kept creeping up a point or 2 every time it was checked. My doctor offered medications, but I decided to try exercise and supplements. I also included a lot of supplements that were anti-inflammatory and had anti-oxidants since I have had arthritis since childhood. It worked and so far there has been no need for any medication. However, my wife had a serious cycling accident about 3 years ago. She spent 6 1/2 months in the hospital with a spinal cord injury. Unfortunately, work and helping her as needed have cut into my riding time. But, over the last 6 or 7 months I have been riding more. I try to ride to work once or twice a week and a ride on the weekends. When I was riding a lot more, 50-55 miles was a good workout. Right now I'm in the 25-30 mile range, but I think I'm pointed in the right direction.

I have not targeted weight loss specifically in the time that I've been riding. But the inactivity of the last few years have allowed my weight to slowly increase. This has been noticeable recently when I bought a few skorts. It may be time to incorporate weight loss into the strategy!!

I been packing on a view pounds lately and my only worry is i am not looking very good in a dress. Told my wife that i want to watch what i eat and try to lose a few pounds.

I try to watch what I eat, to make sure I'm getting the 8000 calories a day I need to keep active. I work a very physical job. Then I spend my free time cutting and splitting firewood to give way to those in need. I am built like a lumber jack. I would have to slow down to even attempt getting a girlish figure. Also I have my fathers gut, and broad shoulders. That will never change.

I try to walk a couple of miles each day. Joined a weight loss group in January lost nearly 40 lbs so far only another 30 or so to go. Although the dressing was a part of the reason, to look better in a dress, like someone else here the biggest reason was to stay healthy as I'm getting older. No longer a kid you know.

AnitaH

Gone cottin choppin.
    Last edited by MarcyHunter; 01-11-2012 at 09:47 PM.
    Gone cottin choppin.

Dance classes four to five times per week. Swim one kilometer 2 to 3 times per week. Lift weights 2 to 3 times per week.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Not quite the exercise junky I once was. I still surf whenever there is s swell and swim a few kms a week when there isn't. Plus I practice holding my breath by sitting on the bottom of the local reefs, watching all the fish swim by, whilst holding a large stone on my lap and you thought my cross-dressing was a bit strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Jane G View Post
    Not quite the exercise junky I once was. I still surf whenever there is s swell and swim a few kms a week when there isn't. Plus I practice holding my breath by sitting on the bottom of the local reefs, watching all the fish swim by, whilst holding a large stone on my lap and you thought my cross-dressing was a bit strange.
    I have done a lot of snorkelling in Cornwall. And I used to do exactly the same thing Jane.
    So that’s two of us that are a bit strange.

Aspiring Member
    My job is pretty active so helps keep me fit & I love running. I used to love playing 5 a side too, but most of my friends stopped playing so I rarely get a game now.

I have the type of metabolism that lets me have shrimp, raspberries, strawberries, blackberries and cream for breakfast.
    Sorry girls, walking, trips around the world with no freezers available to raid at night and less eating during the day, keep me trim enough.

East of Seattle somewhere between the pass and Idaho
    Used to run five to seven miles a day. Work, kids and bad knees have made me a walker. I have put on about 20 pounds since I have stopped the running. If I am not careful I have a tendency to sit and eat carbs which is a great way to pound on weight.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg East View Post
    Used to run five to seven miles a day. Work, kids and bad knees have made me a walker. I have put on about 20 pounds since I have stopped the running. If I am not careful I have a tendency to sit and eat carbs which is a great way to pound on weight.
    Try cycling; much easier on the knees...

I walk about 30 miles a week..4 hours in total. I live in a moderately hilly area so much of it is uphill. In addition, I use a push mower and rake leaves by hand. 53 years old..5'9" and about 140 pounds

Quote Originally Posted by Cynthia Anne View Post
    Like Kathi, I keep my index finger very active! But I'M NO GEEK! I also dance weekly and do a lot of elbow bending while lifting these speacial weights and drinking plenty of fluids!
    I think you're talking about regressive exercise. For example, regressive curls, 12 oz, 10 oz, 8 oz, 6 oz, 4 oz, 2 oz, grab another bottle and start over!What a way to workout!!!
    Dana Fleming

I'm very physically active - workout at the local YMCA 4x a week with hr of weight lifting (for toning only as a girl shouldn't get too big) and 45 -1 hr of cardio on the treadmill or elyptical machine. I'd say I'm currently at 6-7% body fat (rough guessitmate but I can see my abs if that's any indicator) and very proud of it, but it takes a lot of work to maintain that and will power (in terms of eating healthy). But I feel so much more sexy for it

But before I fully embraced my womanhood, my weightlifting was for pure muscle mass and power - so I've always been a bit of a gym junkie and also did a lot of sports (i.e. football, boxing, martial arts, etc). So no matter what I think I will always stay fit as its a big part of my life and always will be.
    Last edited by Mrs Roads; 12-20-2011 at 01:27 PM.

Indian CD Goddess IT..... steffanie's Avatar
    I try to maintain my current weight as much as possible. As I like to be able to fit into my current fem clothes and not have to get a new wardrobe. I do a lot of stretching and yoga in the morning. However, that has been curtailed currently as my belly button piercing is healing and I try not to aggravate as much. And whenever the weather gets warmer I do bike and play golf a lot, mainly walking and carrying my bag when I play. In addition at work whenever I use the restroom I always walk up and down the stairs at least 5 times a day. I never take the elevator if stairs are available. I also park far away at malls so I have to walk to the stores. These are little things I do to maintain my weight when I can't play golf. Also I weigh myself almost every week.

Steffi

I guess I've always been lucky my smaller frame kept me slimmer than most males,there was a time when I blew up to almost 200 lbs,I'm only 5'-7" in stocking feet.Back to the subject,I do the old fashioned sit-ups for the mid section alot of strecthing to stay nimble and isometrics with lower resistance to keep toned not bulk up.My only problem is when I dropped the excess weight I now have "extra" skin that has to be removed, a plus is that I now have "moobs an "A" cup.And lets not forget diet very low fat i.e. chicken skins,fast food any thing that tastes good.Plenty of water and fresh fruit.Don't starve but cut back on portion size slowly at first but it gets easier.Size 12 with a 32waist.Wish I had just a little bit more hips.Darn these shoulders.
    Last edited by Allisa; 12-20-2011 at 02:36 PM.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

I don't consider myself active, but others do. I surf on the average of 3 times a week (there are periods up to 3 weeks long when therre is no surf). Don't take elevators, park at the rear of parking lots, etc.

his is just my personal belief . You're on this earth once why would you not take care of your body so i try to to walk for a mile or two to day and lift weights . Though i'm doing more cardio lately to try and lose some weight and hopefully some size .

I wouldn't call it 'keeping a feminine figure', as I've never had one. I'm not very physically active, but I do stretching exercises to 'keep loose'; and have a rowing machine for a bit of aerobic work. But the knees went south long ago, so my old pastimes of basketball, raquetball and tennis are unfortunately a distant memory. Occasionally, I will indulge a friend's kids by showing them what 'that old man' can do with a basketball (I still shoot baskets, and can hit pretty well from the arc, not to mention a mean hook shot that I've developed over 40 years). Kids mistake basketball knowledge and a few tricks for actual speed, they haven't learned to 'read' someone's next move yet at that age. But I pay for that in pain the next day, so that's pretty rare. But now that you've mentioned it, it's still about 40 degrees out, so I think I'll go out and shoot a few before dinner, and reminisce about when I thought I'd someday play for the Knicks.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I'd love to be a lot slimmer than my size 20 (UK). It's not that I'm not active, I do cycle and walk quite a bit but perhaps not enough. Perhaps I should be more strict on portion control :-(

I thought I'd "weigh in" here about the weight issues. I just started more fully dressing now that I have the house to myself and don't have to sneak around too much. At 5'9" I realize I am overweight at 245 pounds! (Yes, too much junk food, not enough salads and exercise). I think my target weigh is 180 pounds, but I'm SO much more interested in looking good in a little black dress that some number on scale. I would also like to be able to put my knees together effortlessly while sitting-its just much more feminine, dontcha think? I have a lot of work to do, but if the reward is a size or two..or 4 smaller then so be it.
    Jennie
    Jennie the CD
    "Don't be a Drag, just be a Queen!"