Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Opinions on SRS?

Opinions on SRS?

What is everyone's opinion on this? I personally don't want to spend a ton of money on something purely cosmetic. I can't justify it to myself. It's like, I already know I'm a girl, and I'd be honest about where I've came from to anyone I'd be intimate with anyway.

I'm all for HRT but I can't see myself getting any kind of cosmetic surgery. Maybe I'll change my opinion when I'm older but for where I am now, I can't see myself doing it.

Is that weird? Because most MtF's seem to want it so badly, and sometimes I feel like I'm just a boy in a dress because of that. I don't care what's in my pants, I think what's in my heart is the most important thing.

Like I don't see it as I'll become a girl, but as I ALREADY AM one. For so long it was the first way though, but lately I'm thinking of it a whole new way. Now the only obstacle is when I can show the real me to the world.

Whatever works for ya................
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

I think it's a whole lot more meaningful than your dismissal of it as mere cosmetic surgery, but as Kelly says, "whatever works for ya."
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon View Post
    I think it's a whole lot more meaningful than your dismissal of it as mere cosmetic surgery, but as Kelly says, "whatever works for ya."

I never meant that it's purely cosmetic for everyone, that's just how I see it for myself. But I completely understand why someone else would want it.

Psyco Roller Derby Doll. Katesback's Avatar
    You mentioned that you wish to "Now the only obstacle is when I can show the real me to the world". As I read that it appears your not even presenting a woman to the world yet. If that is the case your assumptions about much of anything to do with transition are so infantile that they really have to be dismissed because if you actually do transition you can be assured your world will change as will your points of view.

I cant see why I would transition and not have SRS, but that's just me.

Be free - overcome fear!
    Quote Originally Posted by crystalann View Post
    I cant see why I would transition and not have SRS, but that's just me.
    I feel the same as Crystal... GRS/SRS only represents 10% of being a woman to me, and while it is only a small
    part of what it means to me to be a woman, I feel that it is a vital component that will make me feel complete.

But I respect anyone's desire to go on hormones and not to have GRS/SRS - after all who am
    I to judge what is best for you? The answer to those question can only come from yourself.
    "Judging a person does not define who they are - it defines who you are"
    "
    Don't be so Serious, if you can't laugh at yourself, call me....... I'll laugh at you!"
    "
    Haters don't really hate you, they hate themselves, because you are a reflection of what they want to be"
    "The most happiest people in this world don't need the best of everything, they just make the best of everything"'

Find me on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Katesback View Post
    You mentioned that you wish to "Now the only obstacle is when I can show the real me to the world". As I read that it appears your not even presenting a woman to the world yet. If that is the case your assumptions about much of anything to do with transition are so infantile that they really have to be dismissed because if you actually do transition you can be assured your world will change as will your points of view.
    Wow, I didn't think of it that way. Thank you. That really knocked me off my feet.

I'm with you Melody, but as much as I hate to admit it, I also have to agree with "the Voice of Experience"tm

Mackenzie is waaaaaay to early in her journey to have any idea what she will want or how she will feel when that time comes.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

Purely cosmetic... wow. This forum needs more sub-sections.
    It's Frances with an E, like Frances Farmer. Francis is a man's name.

I totally agree. The more I read the posts here the more I realize that a lot of the people here are crossdressers and dreamers.

Quote Originally Posted by Frances View Post

Be free - overcome fear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Badtranny View Post
    I'm with you Melody, but as much as I hate to admit it, I also have to agree with "the Voice of Experience"tm

Mackenzie is waaaaaay to early in her journey to have any idea what she will want or how she will feel when that time comes.
    I have to agree with you Melissa and also "the Voice of Experience [SIZE=1]tm[/SIZE]" in this case.
    "Judging a person does not define who they are - it defines who you are"
    "
    Don't be so Serious, if you can't laugh at yourself, call me....... I'll laugh at you!"
    "
    Haters don't really hate you, they hate themselves, because you are a reflection of what they want to be"
    "The most happiest people in this world don't need the best of everything, they just make the best of everything"'

Find me on Facebook

Coda...
    Quote Originally Posted by Frances View Post
    When I respond to threads like this I get attacked.

But indeed, SRS is not cosmetic. It is a permanent change to your physiology. You pee differently, you intercourse differently, your pool of partners is different, your orgasms are different, your hormone production is permanently altered, the way the world sees you is different (you will be put in a women's' prison for example)...etc... It's not simply having a flat front in women's jeans like some seem to think...

Perhaps maybe I should just become more accepting of anything out there. I mean I have a feeling the next post is going to be someone claiming to be trans species. Instead of trying to help people to gravitate towards a normal life why not just support them in whatever adventure they wish.

So for all you out there that want to be _______ more power to ya. Have fun and become an activist and fight for the right to be a freek. Why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    When I respond to threads like this I get attacked.

But indeed, SRS is not cosmetic. It is a permanent change to your physiology. You pee differently, you intercourse differently, your pool of partners is different, your orgasms are different, your hormone production is permanently altered, the way the world sees you is different (you will be put in a women's' prison for example)...etc... It's not simply having a flat front in women's jeans like some seem to think...

Coda...
    Quote Originally Posted by Katesback View Post
    ...Perhaps maybe I should just become more accepting of anything out there. I mean I have a feeling the next post is going to be someone claiming to be trans species....
    Watch it Roller "Darby" Queen.......everyone knows I am a Trans-Squirrel...

Indeed...I am scheduled for SFS (Squirrelizing Facial Surgery) with whisker transplants with Dr. Spiegel in December...

:Zenith:

The OP is not very well informed about what's going on ...

Perhaps Mackenzie you are a woman...but based on your OP you are going to screw up your life if you start talking and doing things without knowing the lay of the land ....
    you need more maturity and guidance to help you deal with the realities of your life..

Many crossdressers talk alot of being transsexual, but they are more about pushing their fantasy...this is a personal decision and its totally ok to do it... but many ts people will react strongly to this because we know what's going on...the real life problems faced by ts people can lead to a bitterness around people that are just playing around.

so your post sets off some red flags in this regard, but who knows...saying srs is a cosmetic procedure is true in the sense that it cures a birth defect, like fixing a cleft palate...but ts people have found that fixing this birth defect has an incredible effect on quality of life, and it sure doesnt feel like a cosmetic procedure..

so if you want to have a serious discussion about it...get serious...if you are curious...you can see the answers...if you are just talking to talk..then as kelly said..whatever works for ya...

Yea Stacie is not my real
    AMEN!!! Katesback

Coda...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitlyn Michele View Post
    ..but many ts people will react strongly to this because we know what's going on...the real life problems faced by ts people can lead to a bitterness around people that are just playing around....
    God yes. And also that some refuse to listen to experience and instead argue. Which really makes me wonder why I even try anymore.

Thinking I should put a new thread out there talking about how I want my penis back. Yea thats it. Add to it the wiskers and stuff like that that Zenith is getting and hey that will be really mainstream.

Is this forum really about transsexual people or is it just a place for people that are living in a fantasy world to come and pretend? I just want to know because I swear the few real people here get so much flack from the fantasy people that its a good question.
    Last edited by Katesback; 10-19-2011 at 10:38 AM.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MackenzieMarigold View Post

I don't care what's in my pants, I think what's in my heart is the most important thing.
    There you go. Do what is best for you, and if how you feel about it later on changes that is fine to.

You must learn to separate Fantasy from Reality first.........

To me SRS, was correcting a birth defect and not a fantasy. I too was born with a penis and not a vagina like i should have been. SRS corrected this birth defect for me.

Do i miss my penis??? No, not at all, i was never attached to it and i am glad it's gone.

SRS has greatly improved my life and i feel more confident today with my self.

Silver Member
    Yup. If being a chick with a dick appeals to you then go for it.

But I have to say, you don't even sound like a chick. Just another guy with a fantasy.

There is a crossdressing section to this forum. Heck, this IS a crossdressing forum. So we all support you in your hobby. But this is the transgender section. I have always assumed that this section is for transgendered or transitioning people. That's why I am always surprised by the antagonism shown towards those that have already transitioned and still post here. It just might be that those people are here to help and guide those are not so far along.

Sexual reassignment surgery is not cosmetic. It is a wonderful, mind blowing, life changing, occurrence that is filled with joy and contentment. I am so sorry that it is impossible to communicate just how amazing this change will be. But it is. Cosmetic surgery? Oh my dear, you are SO naive.

This is not an attack. I am not attacking you. Perhaps I am not being as polite as you would like. I am sorry. We can't all have the social graces of Kate. I am trying to TEACH you something. I am trying to educate you. Take it or leave it, dear. But it's good advice, spoken from an experienced point of view.

Stephie

So, did I actually GIVE you any advice? Maybe not. How about this? Read. Talk. Join. LISTEN. Do. You mentioned hormone therapy. This will also change your whole life. Not anywhere NEAR as much as surgery, but a whole lot. Stick around. There is a bit of truth here and there on this forum. Listen to those who have gone before. If you don't understand, ask.

S
    Last edited by Stephenie S; 10-19-2011 at 11:31 AM.

I understand. I'll go now.

Coda...
    Quote Originally Posted by MackenzieMarigold View Post
    I understand. I'll go now.
    You are YOU which is a wonderful thing nobody else can be. Do what is right for you. You don't have to go. I think you hit a nerve as many of us have spoken up when someone is dismissive of the nature of SRS, only to end up defending ourselves and our hard fought path.

Silver Member
    So anyone questioning is not welcome here?

Just gang up and really let them know just how unwelcome they are so they don't come back???????

Where does it define a transexaul in this sub forum as only those that desire SRS? or that only those with such a desire can post here?

A lot of the TS (post ops to!!) DO POST IN THE CD SECTION by the way.

What a nice bunch of people