Thread: Facebook Follies - Part 2

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.

Facebook Follies - Part 2

I thought I'd make my 3,000th post a good one, under the direction of Anne, so here it is:

I just had to post this as it definitely made me laugh out loud. It's amazing what a tiny, blurry picture of someone that looks somewhat like a woman (and some guys don't even discriminate there) can do. Case in point. I commented on a friend's post on Facebook. She is a regional manager for my favorite store, and friended me on Facebook during the Great Contest Debacle of 2010.

Anyway, a friend of hers posted as well, confusion ran amok, hilarity (mostly mine) ensued, and, . . . well, here's the post:

OMG!!!! LOLOLOLOLOL!!!! Brilliant!!! And btw, congrats on your 3,000th post, and offering this post for it!

Aspiring Member
    Kathi, well Played. And 3000 post to boot. You are at the top of your game.

Kitty

You are mixing your sci-fi metaphors! Assimilated is Star Trek, The Force and droids is Star Wars! Stop it! It is against the Nerd Rules and you will be punished, I will take away your nerd card and you will not get any quatloos. Always remember the Keeper's quote from "The Cage" (the original Star Trek pilot with Jeffrey Hunter): "Wrong thinking is punishable. Right thinking will be as quickly rewarded. You will find it an effective combination. "

But you will be assimilated. Resistance is Futile. You will become One of Us.

Veronica
    Last edited by VeronicaMoonlit; 10-20-2011 at 05:36 PM. Reason: added more Star Trek!
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

Veronica is right....I saw this happen. Dude lost all his quatloos. It's true.

However, it's a very appropriate quote. But you could have quoted Spock from the episode at the OK Corral with the Melkotians: "They are not real. They are spectres."

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TGMarla View Post
    Veronica is right....I saw this happen. Dude lost all his quatloos. It's true.

However, it's a very appropriate quote. But you could have quoted Spock from the episode at the OK Corral with the Melkotians: "They are not real. They are spectres."
    Funny, Marla! I mean, discussing "reality" here! Talk about folks living in a parallel universe!? I think we're as close as u can get, other than in a sci fi flick!

And, Veronica, unless I've missed something: Haven't we ALL already been "assimilated"?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by VeronicaMoonlit View Post
    You are mixing your sci-fi metaphors!.....
    That's alright, I saw a spoof back in the 70's that included the "Lost in Space" ship Jupiter alongside the USS Enterprise.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    "Trust me these are not the droids you are looking for" that is totally brilliant. It made me giggle outloud.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeronicaMoonlit View Post
    You are mixing your sci-fi metaphors!
    Yes, dear. I know, but it seemed apt at the time. So, you don't approve of mixing metaphors? I'll bet you were the child that made sure their peas never touched their potatoes, right?

Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneBender View Post
    It made me giggle out loud.
    It was the first thing that came to mind. The poor thing hasn't posted back. I hope he didn't have a cow when he read my Facebook info, which clearly states that I am male. Sure, the picture and name may be a bit ambiguous, . . .

Kathi

Quote Originally Posted by Kathi Lake View Post
    I'll bet you were the child that made sure their peas never touched their potatoes, right?
    You're darn right, I don't want watery pea juice in my potatoes.

Sure, the picture and name may be a bit ambiguous, . . .
    What are we going to do with you, Kathi. :-)

Veronica
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

Mixing Sci-fi show created one of the best of all !!!!!! SPACE BALLS And it kind of fits with the thread!!!

If Kathi can mix that picture and name, with a male profile, what's a couple of mixed metaphors?
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

The penalty for mixing metaphors is revocation of one's "Big Bang Theory" watching privileges for the period of either one new show or five reruns.

Kathi - that was a good one for #3,000.

Facebook what is Facebook? OK,OK I really do know what Facebook is but I have yet to figure out how to work it. Does that disqualify me from nerdhood?
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain