Thread: A Conversation That Will Not Occur At Work on Monday

A Conversation That Will Not Occur At Work on Monday

Coworker: “Hey X, how was your weekend? Did you do anything fun?”

X, aka Debby: “Yes, I had a wonderful weekend! I attended the River City Gem's Sparkle.

On Saturday afternoon, I checked into a local hotel. I got settled in my room and unpacked. I sat down at the mirror, opened up my make-up kit (Craftsman toolbox) and started to work on my eyes. After cleaning up my brows, I started to duplicate a YouTube video for blue eyed girls like myself. Took a long time but once I was satisfied with the look, I put on my false eyelashes. Next I moved on to the rest of my face finishing up with lip liner and lipstick and gloss. (If you have stock in MAC, it went up after this little endeavor!)

I have a new corset (underbust steel boned) and thought that this might be a good time to try it out. I got myself into this contraption and got it laced up thanks to the advice from some friends on the Crossdressers.com website. Oh yeah, I don’t know if I mentioned this before but I am a crossdresser and we should probably talk about YOUR outfit after I finish telling you this story. : Anyhow, I really wanted to glam it up so I attached the garter straps to the corset and put on some nude sheer thigh high stockings. Oh garters aren’t hard. I actually learned how to wear them from my Marine Corps drill instructor but back then they were called “shirt stays” and clipped on to your shirt tails and socks. Once this was done I put on my panties and bra. Yes, you have to put the panties on after the garters or using the ladies’ room becomes a major hassle. I slipped on my blue cocktail dress and managed to contort myself and get the side zipper all the way zipped-up. The dress was kind of tight on top so the forms actually came last. Sparkly blue peep toe heels were next. Finally I put on my blonde wig and dabbed on some Coach perfume. Last but not least was attaching my finger nails, a quick check in the mirror and I was ready to go. Well almost.

I bought a small metallic blue clutch to match my shoes. I think my wallet is bigger and was having a huge problem trying to figure what I could live without! After several attempts at trying to cram six pounds of stuff into a one pound bag, I looked at the clock and realized I was running late for my shift at the greeter table! Compact, lipstick, ID, cash and room key and out the door! Well one more stop at the mirror – at least in my own mind I felt beautiful! Now out the door and across the hotel grounds, tap tap tap, to the hotel ballroom.

Got some instructions and assumed my post at the registration table with one of my lovely girlfriends. We sat down, ordered a cocktail, and watched the parade of beautiful women begin. Everyone was dressed to the nines and everything from formal ball gowns to sexy dresses were worn. It was kind of like finally getting to attend the Disney Princess Party I always wanted to! The event started so we closed up shop and went into the ballroom. It was awesome! The organizers and volunteers had outdone themselves with the lovely decorations and lighting. The theme was Pearls of the Pacific and everything had an underwater kind of feel.

I had a lovely meal and then enjoyed the Polynesian entertainment and lots of pleasant conversation. I got to meet some new friends too. There was dancing later in the evening although I felt a little constrained by the outfit I was wearing. The time just flew and the evening was over in the blink of an eye. After helping with the clean-up, a group of us went back to a friend’s room to talk and drink some wine. I went back to my room to change into something a little more comfortable and my electronic key stopped working. I went back to my friend’s room, called the front desk and had them send out a new key. No harm, now foul. Once I was finally out of that corset – fun for a little while but. . . I went back to the other room and there were about seven of us just sitting around and chatting. We pleasantly took up the rest of the evening/morning this way until it was finally time to go to bed ( or past that time!).

All in all, a very nice evening.

So, how was your weekend?”

While this story is true, unfortunately this conversation isn’t going to occur in the near future! It really was a terrific evening and with all of the cameras going, I’ll try to post some photos when I get them. I really love meeting the girls I’ve met online and was glad to see the Diablo Valley Girls and the girls from Carla’s at the event. Hopefully I’ll get to attend some of your functions now that I’m getting out more.

Cheers!

A Very Tired Debby

WOW!!! Thank you for sharing with us!! I am so chicken do actually have a good time like that! I wish I had the nerve. You look great and I'll bet you looked better last night. Thank you so much for sharing you experience with all of us cowards!!!

Well... THANK YOU for sharing your wonderful weekend with us!! It seems like you had an amazing weekend and made some fantastic memories!
    “They’re not women’s clothes. They’re my clothes. I bought them.” (Eddie Izzard)

Okay, so I just re-read that the second time pretending it was me. Thanks for sharing!!!!

Now, why didn't I get an invite in the first place????? LOL
    --------

Thanks for sharing that adventure. It's a shame that people can't have that conversation at work. I feel a bit privileged that I can (and I had it after the SCC in Atlanta).

That's so great Deb. Thanks for sharing with us even though you won't at work.
    Mary

"A glass of wine anytime" rachaelsloane's Avatar
    Debby,
    I just loved the story of your weekend and had a similar weekend, Oh wait, I was there. Yes, it was a wonderful evening and it was very nice to meet you as well as all the other girls and although the story can only be told to a select few, it was a night you will not forget.
    Rachael

Deb, great story!
    When asked last week, I told my boss I was sport fishing in Fort Myers , Florida for the week when I was actually at Southern Comfort in Atlanta.
    So I know exactly what you mean.
    My tg life stays separate from my professional life. That's the one rule.
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 10-02-2011 at 06:35 PM.

Deb, thanks for the details and personal feelings about the great Sparkle event. Knowing the people who organized it and what they have done in the past, I am sure it more than exceeded many attendees' expectations. Again, thanks for sharing.

Girlfriend what a great story!!! I wish I had gone!!! I think I might be a little chicken tho!!! Thanks for being a great friend to me!!! hugs!!!

A very fun evening where I really got to be myself!!! Here is the first photo:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Semi Sane innocent angel
    Um it could happen . Wounder were I was at
    Business is the the art of extracting money from another mans wallet with out resorting to violence

9 out of 10 Dr say I'm sane. The 10th one never made it to the hearing. Did you know that California has drop bears ?

First a groom then a bride. Never again.

What a great picture Deb! Very pretty - I love that color dress. Wonderful hair and make up, too. Very cool. thanks for sharing.
    Mary

the happy camper
    You look beautiful, Deb! Great story too! Congrats on having such a wonderful evening.

Looks like you all had a great time! And Debby your sparkle pics came out great as well!

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Oh my gosh Deb ... I know how you feel. I get a similar thing at my work, but mostly it's from my parents (who I am not out to) they ask me all the time what fun stuff me and Marla got up to on the wekend. I can't tell them I had a fabulous weekend just like you described so I just say, "oh nothing, we just hung out at home and watched a movie" when in fact I had the most awesome femme time of my life!

Btw .. if you are looking to go to another formal like River City Sparkle, why not go to the Diablo Valley Girls formal fall dinner.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Semi Sane innocent angel
    Thanks for reminding me . need to send my RSVP in. Come on down Debbie you will enjoy it .
    Business is the the art of extracting money from another mans wallet with out resorting to violence

9 out of 10 Dr say I'm sane. The 10th one never made it to the hearing. Did you know that California has drop bears ?

First a groom then a bride. Never again.

I'm glad you had a wonderful time, and I wish more girls could have one of these experiences like Sparkle or SCC etc. And, it's a shame more companies aren't accepting. Fortunately for me, even though I work for one of those evil banks that everyone is protesting about, they do accept me. So, it can happen, you just have to stay strong.

-Tracy
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place