Thread: Easier to meet women

Easier to meet women

I had a friend of mine told me a long time ago that it was easier to meet a woman when dressed. That you don't get the rejection like you do in male mode.

Well they are right. I have had it happen many times before but last night was much more fun doing it. The night started with dinner with Daenna Pez. We had a great time and enjoyed ourselves. We decided to go to Aqua Lounge for karaoke but she never showed up. So I ended up there by myself. I got up to sing Clive Griffin / Celine Dion "When I fall in love". Most of the people there had never seen me as Michelle so when that deep voice came out - people gasped. That was great.

I spent the night there with my co-singer friend and she introduced me to her friend. Now we hit it off immediately and she is a speech therapist. She wants to help me with my voice. But when it was time for me to go home, she told me that even if I didn't want her to help with my voice I should call her. Needless to say I now have a date for next friday night with a very beautiful woman who met Michelle first.

She said that when she meets the male side it will be a blind date. So it is possible to find accepting women even when dressed. I am now a believer, but I do wonder why the male side doesn't have this success anymore. I guess that I am just getting old.
    Michelle

Aspiring Member
    Michelle, that is just great. LOL If women knew, that they get two for one, our single members would have lots of dates don't you think.

Kitty

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyagain View Post
    Michelle, that is just great. LOL If women knew, that they get two for one, our single members would have lots of dates don't you think.

Kitty
    A lot of it is the fear of the cd'er. They feel like they will be rejected so they never try. When you accept who you are and confident, then you reap the rewards.
    Michelle

Platinum Member
    I'm not in the market, but I can attest to the fact that women will approach and show genuine interest in CDrs. I had several women hit on me the last time I was in a GLBT friendly bar. It was flattering and illuminating.

I was just reading about hand fishing! But your type of fishing sounds like much more fun! WHAT A CATCH!!!!!!!!!! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I have only been out dressed once. I found that more people approached me than when ever out in male mode. I also noticed that the conversations with women seemed much closer, touchy and just more friendly. Perhaps because they didn't feel I was just another guy trying to pick them up? Who knows, but it sure was fun...

Xristy

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    I've found that while out dressed, conversations with women that wouldn't normally happen were easy. The conversation could be about makeup, clothes or almost anything that a guy wouldn't usually talk about.
    Dana Ryan

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar

Tell me about it!

Quote Originally Posted by AKAMichelle View Post
    I had a friend of mine told me a long time ago that it was easier to meet a woman when dressed. That you don't get the rejection like you do in male mode.
    It's funny that you should say that as when I first started dressing it was at costume parties. I would always dress as a woman. There was a "friendship group" that I was a member of and we had a lot of parties. I used to get so much attention from the women at the costume parties. They would tell me I looked good and some of them who knew me well, would often critique what I was wearing and give me tips etc and tell me things like that they preferred me in shorter skirts or higher heels etc. At the time it kinda messed with my mind as I was confused that I only seemed to get female attention when I was presenting as one!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Michelle, I hope you are right.
    I've been out & about for two years, and I'm doing the two last weekends of October for halloween in the most public eye amongst the "mainstreams" this time around. I really want to mingle with real women. I know some will reject, and others will embrace. That part takes some nerve. This is not like showing up at a TG party, or Southern Comfort Conference, I'm beyond that. I've gotten some pretty good vibes amongst real women anyway so far, being in restaurants, stores, etc. I'll let y'all know how it goes after this weekend and halloween weekend since I'm going bar hopping at many clubs & places at a halloween block party.....should be a blast. Gosh, what else would I do? Right now, it's killing me.

Im not Alicia Sliverstone Clueless's Avatar
    I haven't been dressed in public, but when I'm buying women's clothes & stuff, they do tend to want to talk a bit more. I don't know if that will change after Halloween though.

A nice date and a speech therapist!!!

That is like bending over to pick up a lost dollar in the parking lot and discovering it is a $100 bill!

I think we need a new rule here. Everybody that has these success stories is automatically required to post the outcomes.

and also whether or not the person they met has sisters...or friends...or...anything else that gives us hope...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fem-mode opens new doors... but can also shut existing ones. Liberal-ish minded genetic women are quick to open up, but (in general) drag queens, gay men, and conservative girly-girls are only too eager to throw us under the bus. As if to say GET OUT OF MY SANDBOX!

I found that being a man or a woman conferred about the same number of benefits. Different benefits, but overall, pretty much equal.

Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    Michelle, I hope you are right.
    I've been out & about for two years, and I'm doing the two last weekends of October for halloween in the most public eye amongst the "mainstreams" this time around. I really want to mingle with real women. I know some will reject, and others will embrace. That part takes some nerve. This is not like showing up at a TG party, or Southern Comfort Conference, I'm beyond that. I've gotten some pretty good vibes amongst real women anyway so far, being in restaurants, stores, etc. I'll let y'all know how it goes after this weekend and halloween weekend since I'm going bar hopping at many clubs & places at a halloween block party.....should be a blast. Gosh, what else would I do? Right now, it's killing me.
    I was a non-believer when I first started but it does happen. Happy Hunting.
    Michelle

where's the stop button? Daenna Paz's Avatar
    [QUOTE=AKAMichelle;2632162] The night started with dinner with Daenna Pez. We had a great time and enjoyed ourselves. We decided to go to Aqua Lounge for karaoke but she never showed up. So I ended up there by myself.

[SIZE="4"]I got lost, left my celly @ the hotel and finally gave up and went to Church ... [/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"]Sorry ... [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Daenna[/SIZE]

Gold Member

I am a believer that sometimes the best relationships happen without trying. When we don't try, we show more of our true self instead of being self-conscious and anything that follows may have a better foundation.