Thread: Is this Common??

Banned Read only

Is this Common??

Hi,

I hope I'm posting in the correct aria, if not please move. When I was younger around the time I got into cross dressing (11 / 12) I was attracted to my mom, especially when we would work out and she had on a leotard or when she took up wrestling. I was attracted to her till about age 15 and than I discovered other women. However, with in the past year and a half to two years I started to become attracted to her again. She is still wrestling and when I watch her wrestle or workout is when I really become attracted to her.

Is this common for cross dressers to be attracted to their mom's?

Thanks,

Geoff

That's interesting, I am also attracted to your mother!

Generalizations are always the beginning of a slippery slope. "Common" is a subjective term that is often used to the advantage of making whatever point the user is trying to make, lol.

I can tell you that both of my sister's boys went through a brief period in childhood where they were "in love" with their mother. It was a brief period that did not resurface at any point in the future. It is not an unusual part of navigating the complex and confusing journey of understanding and experiencing the mysterious world of human sexuality, that all of us must pass through when growing up. It is just a strategy some use and some don't. Just like most behavior, the details, significance of impact/duration etc define it as "normal", "common" or "abnormal"...usually assessed later in life.

Just for the record...I was never physically/emotional "attracted" to my mother.

just my opinion...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I’m going to weigh in for the opposing side. In my case, no, I never had any of that kind of attraction to my mother.

Maybe I’m the one out of step. I started to have the curiosity about the usual time of 7 or 8. I never dressed with anything from my mom or sisters. Yuck!

My things came entirely from friend’s sisters. Also, one very special GG my own age, Debbie, who really got the ball moving at age 13. It started as a Truth or Dare and ended with us playing Dress up every chance we got.
    When a woman dresses like a man, it's ok. But when a man dresses like a woman, you think it's degrading. Because you think being a woman is degrading. -Madonna-

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I think it's natural for males nearing puberty to develop a fascination for female relatives. I was "curious" about my mother and my younger sister also, after she began to develop. I don't think most men would describe it as an "attraction", tho. And, mine wasn't either.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Frankly, my mother is a hater of anybody or anything different than her or somebody who does not agree with her. If she knew I was a cross dresser, she'd flip out and disown me. Oh, wait! She disowned me already because I got married. With her masturbation got you a trip to hell. It's natural for people to gravitate toward people who are pleasant and accepting. It wasn't my mother who turned me into a cross dresser. It was her nylon slips she hung in the bathroom to dry.

Being sexually attracted to your mother is not dependant on crossdressing even though they may share some of the same reasons for their expression. Sex can be used for many reasons other than just sexual release and satisfaction otherwise masturbation would suffice.

The physical characteristics that your mother has that attracts you also probably would attract you in other women but for some reason the boundaries that should have been established by your mother so you do not see her as a sexual object are missing and it is possible she wants you to be attracted to her because she has suffered from sexual abuse and only feels value as a human being when she is viewed as a sexual object. For her sex is love, all forms of love.

I say this because this is what my mother did to me but the difference between us is I did not feel sexual attraction to her only complete and utter terror that later turned to disgust as I gained a deeper understanding of her sickness.

It is one thing to be attracted to your mother sexually but do not act on it even if she is willing because it is very difficult to recover psychologically from that experience and it will scar you for life and you will end up being a slave in every other relationship you have with women for the rest of your life. Do not ever underestimate the damage that a mother can do to your mind, their power is incredibly dangerous. If you have access to books read Alice Millers "Drama of the Gifted Child" to better understand the consequences of sexual abuse.

Banned Read only
    Oh My goodness, It's 3:20 in the morning and I just now read this. Of course I've had few mixed drinks and Tara knows now that it is best to respond untill the next morning or day. This one brings so many memories. So I will respond tomorrow when I get up and have my coffee. I was never , ever sexually attracted to my beloved late Mother. I loved her dearly, with all my trusting heart from a small child, till just 3 years ago when she passed away so suddenly and nearly killed me, and when I finally discovered my erections around 8 or 9 years old, my sweet great Mother had nothing to do with them. I do remember one day when my Mother was laying on the couch reading her favorite Harlequin romance paperbacks novels, and my oldest brother went up and sat beside her and said, "Mama, when I grow up, will you marry me?" and my sweet mother said, no son, I can't do that, for I'm already married to your Father. And my brother said, ok, but will we always be friends, and Mom said yes son, we will always be friends. I guess sometimes lttle boys and little girls can have innocnet confusions about so much, that we as adults may not seem to remember our own childhoods. I do remember my own daughter from around her 5th year to her 8th year used to so often tell me that when she grows up, she wanted to marry me. I loved that innocence, and I recognised it for what it was, just an angel expressing her love to her Father. I walk her down the isle next week to be married. Tears drop into my chicken noodle soup when I ponder and wonder, where did the last 30 years go? But time marches on. I thought my Mother was a very beautiful woman and that my Father was very handsome, but I never ,ever confused any adolecent feelings as being any kind of a sexual attraction to my parents or my sister. Though I was beaten daily and lived in blood and fear, and hid under the house for most of my childhood from fear from my father, which I feel and know it was a major contributor to why I am a cd today.Tara is here today, will always be here. I can never stop her now no matter how much therapy I could ever go through, not a choice at all. I never lost perspective of the love I have felt for others other than how it should be.
    So you ask, is this common for crossdressers to be attracted to their mom's? I say some boys may be quite confused. They soon learn different later on, just some boys. Boys that grow up to be good decent men, and are not a cd. I don't think that a young child's confused attraction to their Mother is any kind of sign that the child will grow up to be a cd. It is probably a more common accurence among all young children at some stage in their young lives, it's just passage to the next level of life, not a sign of going to be a cd.

L&R...............Tara

I was never attracted to my mother! Her clothes yes! My mother was attractive at 105lbs ! She loved life and her kids! I loved and respected her very much! I think too many time people confuse love with ''IN LOVE'' WITH! Hugs!
    I love you but I'm not in love with you!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Quote Originally Posted by Cynthia Anne View Post
    I was never attracted to my mother! Her clothes yes! My mother was attractive at 105lbs ! She loved life and her kids! I loved and respected her very much! I think too many time people confuse love with ''IN LOVE'' WITH! Hugs!
    I love you but I'm not in love with you!
    Bet your mom wore jeans a lot? . Mine didn't! EVER!

Maybe when I was 5 I wanted to marry my mother. But I got over her when I fell in love with the Smith twins and their cute little dresses they wore!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

When I was about 10, I went through a phase where I was attracted to my sister and her friends, who were all in their mid-teens and budding out into women. I remember when she'd have sleepovers, and she and her friends would wear only their underwear, paying me no mind because they considered me just a little kid. I thought I was in Heaven...LOL
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Life is what happens while you're making other plans

I don't think it's a "common" thing for CD's . I think that maybe you and your Mom are just kindred spirits since you enjoy many of the same things.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

hum - not sure.. do you mean you are attracted attracted or just like from afar (so to speak)?

I am assuming you are physically attracted to your mother. No that is not normal behavior for any son regardless of hobbies, at least after age 5.
    Last edited by *Vanessa*; 10-23-2011 at 10:23 AM.

it is more common than you think. once a person reaches puberty or an age where they can feel sexual attraction, that attraction is ignorant to any limitations society places on acting on it. of course we know that some of those attractions are just totally wrong like the ones pedophiles have.

i am sure incest is more common than we would ever imagine. all kind of situations and scenarios exist. look up an old film that was on the independent film channel called "spank the monkey"
    man, i feel like a woman

I have never ever ever been attracted to my mother!!!!!

In fact she is the model of most things I dont like in a woman.

I am also not or never was attracted to my mother, even all other relatives. There is an invisible wall between all related females and me. Only attracted to others.
    I am more of a CROSSDREAMER than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by LeotardMan View Post
    Hi,
    when she took up wrestling. . She is still wrestling and when I watch her wrestle or workout is when I really become attracted to her.
    Geoff
    I can't get past the part of your mom as a wrestler.................

Quote Originally Posted by ElaineB View Post
    I have never ever ever been attracted to my mother!!!!!

In fact she is the model of most things I dont like in a woman.
    that makes 2 of us I dispise everything she stood for
    I am a beautiful, young victorian style lady. Demure, gentle, kind and giving. I love to be feminine in lace and intricate delicate patterns flowing skirts, the kind of sexy that makes you desperate to know what I'm hiding underneath!