Thread: Are You Suffering From IMS (male version of PMS)?

Are You Suffering From IMS (male version of PMS)?

I know, but I do, really. Ok, so I do not get cramps per say, but I do get the shortness of patience, the irritable attitude, the " get out of my face now or I'll....." syndrome. It lasts about two day or so usually every month. I've never done any research on this formally, but I believe the genetic male does experience it, obviously as I sure do. Thankfully, my s/o does it at the same time pretty much monthly so at least we do not have to replace broken Ming vases twice monthly
    (wink wink) Anyone else (gm) notice they PMS monthly or any genetic females noticce their s/o does this to any degree?
    Last edited by ReineD; 10-24-2011 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Tread title edited, see thread post #12.

I have had this problem for five years now with hot flashes and night sweats! It last about five or six days for me! The night sweats are the worse part for me! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Do either of you take female hormones? That might be an answer to a male having PMS!! Since it is physically impossible for a normal male to suffer PMS, unless he does it delibrately in concert with his wife or SO.
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Hi Stephani I was on Estrogen for 14 months for this reason! My doctor says it's not really that uncommon for men to suffer from pms symtoms! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

There is a school of thought with subjective mind set which believe we are all affected by the phases of the moon. It could be jill that what you are experiencing is an effect of this.

SarahLynn
    Great leaders are not great because of their words or deeds but because of the greatness they inspire from others."
    (Legends of the StarDancer)

Quote Originally Posted by jillleanne View Post
    I know, but I do, really. Ok, so I do not get cramps per say, but I do get the shortness of patience, the irritable attitude, the " get out of my face now or I'll....." syndrome. It lasts about two day or so usually every month. I've never done any research on this formally, but I believe the genetic male does experience it, obviously as I sure do. Thankfully, my s/o does it at the same time pretty much monthly so at least we do not have to replace broken Ming vases twice monthly
    (wink wink) Anyone else (gm) notice they PMS monthly or any genetic females noticce their s/o does this to any degree?
    the problem is you do not have the no no. apparently it cures pms in both men and women. act today.....operators are standing by.................
    man, i feel like a woman

Quote Originally Posted by Cynthia Anne View Post
    I have had this problem for five years now with hot flashes and night sweats! It last about five or six days for me! The night sweats are the worse part for me! Hugs!
    Good heavens! So I have them to look forward too also? lol I suspect it's all part of the same thing though in all reality.

Quote Originally Posted by sissystephanie View Post
    Do either of you take female hormones? That might be an answer to a male having PMS!! Since it is physically impossible for a normal male to suffer PMS, unless he does it delibrately in concert with his wife or SO.
    I have never taken any 'mones' intentionally unless some of the 'things'( read: shitloads) I took as a hippie in the days had some long term effect.

Quote Originally Posted by SarahLynn View Post
    There is a school of thought with subjective mind set which believe we are all affected by the phases of the moon. It could be jill that what you are experiencing is an effect of this.

SarahLynn
    That may well be Sarah. All I know is I have for some time now, been experiencing the symptoms of PMS without the cramping. My s/o notices it pretty much every month also and always comments on it. And in all fairness to her, I will often jokingly deny it but in reality, it's a carbon copy of PMS, we both know it. Maybe if I think of it at my next full physical with my doctor in November, I'll mention it. He knows I am gender enhanced so not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by cassandra54 View Post
    the problem is you do not have the no no. apparently it cures pms in both men and women. act today.....operators are standing by.................
    If I buy two, can I have a free 'maybe maybe' also?
    Last edited by Daintre; 10-24-2011 at 08:08 AM. Reason: Multi posting is not allowed on the forum. Use the edit button to add to a post

I experience the same thing right around the time I write my monthly child support check...coincidence? I will know for sure after this December...when I write my LAST child support check! Daughter turns 19 in Jan! whooppeeee! (I said child support check, as in ...to the ex) Not to be confused with college tuition, cell bills, housing, gas, clothes... checks, that I apparently last forever, lol.

Actually, this may be applicable...
    I have an extremely high metabolism, almost a hypoglycemic reaction if low on food. Just a few years ago, I started feeling lethargic, irritated, in conjunction with what I would almost describe as being "stoned" (not that I would know what that feels like, lol)...mentally "fuzzy', body hot/cold etc. I figured out it was a vitamin thing.

I have been taking a daily "Super B Complex" vitamin for years. I finally figured out if I skip a day or too...that is what was bringing on the symptoms! So when that happens now...I take the vitamin. It takes about a day and I can feel myself returning to myself again.

I first thought it was a dehydration issue (I live in altitude 5600+ft) and I drink tons of water. If I do not...similar symptoms...but that was not it.

I have been athlete my whole life (tennis, martial arts, sex,lol) so I know my metabolism like a machine. Maybe some of your problem is related. or not...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Arrow

This might be the most ridiculous thread I have seen yet.

Quote Originally Posted by virginia522 View Post
    This might be the most ridiculous thread I have seen yet.
    Not to worry, when you get to my age, you won't be able to even see the thread, which really is not a bad thing because if you are like me, I hate sewing.

Good Lord.

Unless you have a menstrual cycle, you do not have PMS!

There is such a thing as the Irritable Male Sydrome (IMS), cause by a periodic lowering of testosterone:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irritable_male_syndrome

Check out the source links at the bottom of the article. I'm changing your thread title from PMS to IMS, since anything relating to having periods is a rich source for fantasy here and it is against forum rules:

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...es#faq_content
    Reine

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    There is such a thing as the Irritable Male Sydrome (IMS),
    Oooo. Me, Me! Let me guess on this one. Is this is how men affect their wives similar to Irritable Bowel Syndrome?

"In 1929, a researcher carefully followed the moods of seventeen men
    and showed that men, like women, have emotional cycles of about a
    month to six weeks in length. According to the researcher's findings,
    men tend to be more apathetic and indifferent during the low period of
    their emotional cycles and more likely to magnify small problems into
    big ones. During the high period of their cycles, men have more
    energy, a greater sense of well-being, lower body weight, and less
    need for sleep."

I have noticed a cycle in myself that affects my moods and energy and now plan my schedule around those days when I have learned to expect my energies to be low. Weather and seasons do not seem to affect me. For me the lows feel like mild depression, I lose interest in work, feel like my life is in a rut, do not want to do physical activities, food loses its taste and I become lethargic. It would scare me because I feared it would not end but now I accept it as normal and have adapted and do not fight it and treat it as a mini vacation from life, my time to be irresponsible.

I have often wondered if the influence of the moon has anything to do with it because I have also noticed people seem to be more intense when there is a full moon, perhaps the gravitational pulls affect over eons of time has been cumulative.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    Oooo. Me, Me! Let me guess on this one. Is this is how men affect their wives similar to Irritable Bowel Syndrome?
    They could have picked a better term than IMS to describe testosterone fluctuation. Maybe LTC (low testosterone cycle) or something?

... LTC is kinda cute. Reminds me of TLC.
    Reine

I have never been much of a believer in anything I could not prove as fact, and proof works for me everytime, so noticing any change in behavior in myself for no apparent reason raises the eyebrow. I used to get a kick out of the biorythms hypothesis for various unsolvable feelings but never gave it much validity either. Like it or not, 'it' occurs whether I want it to or not. I'll read the link Reine, thanks.

There is such a thing as the Irritable Male Sydrome (IMS), cause by a periodic lowering of testosterone:

"IMS" would pretty well sum it up in my opinion. I have never heard of such a thing, but it appears to hit the nail on the head. I must do some more research on this one. Thanks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irritable_male_syndrome

Check out the source links at the bottom of the article. I'm changing your thread title from PMS to IMS, since anything relating to having periods is a rich source for fantasy here and it is against forum rules:

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...es#faq_content[/QUOTE]

Why not Dress mor often. My wife tells me I need to dress' you are getting to "uptight" !!!