Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to Approach Someone I Believe Might Be a Sister Also

use a refernce to to some community centric language i.e. triess, SCC, transgender and look for a response.

It strikes me that the important issue here is that you want to befriend this person... This has nothing to do with gender issues. I would befriend them and then see how things develop... If you go the full on route and she is female you will have just insulted a perfectly normal woman in a very perverse way. If he is a CD and doesn't want to be outed, you will have scared the hell out of him. Find a middle ground and tread very carefully and give it time... or do nothing.

Respect for others should be a basic human right... or so some of us think?
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

*Kisses and Best Wishes* Wendy_Marie's Avatar
    Don't make it about her or her status....Introduce yourself and be honest about your own status...if she is she will tell you...if she isn't then you will know.
    [SIZE="3"]"I can't talk girl talk when there is a guy inside my head." Gracie Lou Freebush[/SIZE]
    Is this all that's left of my life before me. Straight Jacket Memories and Seditive Highs! No Happy Ending like they always Promised...There's got to be something left for me... And I Turn my Head and Stare into the Eyes of a Stranger.
    To those of you who consider yourselves to be "Cat People" I apologize in advance for I am not.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Let me set up two scenarios:

1) A perfect stranger walks up to you and says, "Hi, what's your name and what do you do for a living?"

Pretty rude, huh? Here is someone not giving any information but demanding information from you. I normally just ignor these folks.

2) A perfect stranger walks up to you and says, "Hi, I'm (so and so) and I'm very interested in ..".

Here is someone genually interested in starting a conversation and willing to meet you half way.

----
    The same issue is raised here. In past threads like this one I have strongly urged to leave their CD connection out of any contact with a person you meet that you think might be transgendered. If you are attracted to this person in any way, then treat them as the gender they are presenting, which is the way we all want to be treated. If the concept of transgenderism is to be brought up, it should be by you about you, not about the other person. It could be as simple as, "I was thinking of going to the SCC this year". This will immediately put you in the position of explaining that you are transgendered, and then it's up to the other person to volunteer the information about them. They may still not do that, and you will have not gained any ground, but I think that is the proper way to act, especially for a person who is clearly interested in "passing", or who is actually 24/7.

In a nutshell, I think it's proper for us to give up information on our own status first, and let the chips fall where they may, not the other way around.

tina

Call her ask her when her next show is and you show up dressed and see what her reaction is, but I wouldn't ask her straight up. It might hurt her feelings to know that she isn't passing 100%. Put yourself out on the limb rather than her. Good luck. Or call her and tell her you would like to see her collection and then ask her if she minds that you come dressed as you are a CD and see what she says.