Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: is Crossdressing on halloween common?

I've seen it, but it's always been more of a "joke" type of deal.. I've yet to come across a "serious" dressed CD during my Halloween exploits.

I usually don't get invited to "Dress Like a Hooker Day" parties, but if I did I don't think that Eryn would attend. Right now I'm fairly confident that none of my drab acquaintances would recognize Eryn during a chance encounter but going to a party dressed would certainly increase the danger of that happening. Best to keep the two worlds completely separate.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Well, it is more "common" to do it on Halloween than it is to do it on Mother's Day, Birthday Parties, Company Parties, Labor Day, etc.

If you have a female partner with you, it is a bit easier to sell the "it is just a costume" story. Many guys dressing "like a woman" for Halloween wear clownish looking party-store type wigs (orange, yellow, white, etc). It is pretty obvious their goal is not to "pass", lol. This is one time where looking like you "pass" is not exactly a "good thing".

When I used to take my young daughter trick-or-treating around some condo complexes close to our house, I did encounter more than one door being answered by a pretty convincing "make-over"...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cheerleader is what I am going with. I bought the saturday night live cheerleader costume...
    Hugs and Kisses,

Vanessa Jane

So I was thinking about dressing up for the day, taking the day off work and go out, which would be my first time out but it sounds like that is a bad idea. What about going over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by cassandra54 View Post
    halloween lasts about two weeks right?
    lmao Cassandra. but isn't that *fifty*-two weeks

Quote Originally Posted by TGMarla View Post
    Looking back on it, I doubt I fooled anyone into thinking it was my first time in heels. Anymore, I don't use Halloween for an excuse to crossdress for two reasons. First, I think anyone would peg me for a crossdresser right off the bat. Second, this isn't some kind of Halloween costume for me; it's me expressing a very big and important part of who I am.
    I did cross-dress for Halloween in 2008 and again in 2009, and came to the same conclusion. This isn't a costume for me anymore (and really, I'm not sure it ever was).
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."
    Oscar Wilde

One way to get away with crossdressing in a fairly convincing way is Frank N Furter from Rocky Horror. I did this at a friends party a few years back where I had labcoat smeared in ketchup, heels, fishnets and near full makeup having fluffed up my hair into a femme style. I got some funny looks, but it is "funny" (in that you can say you're only doing it for a laugh if challenged), it's Hallowe'eny and you canpush it quite far. I'm going to a local pub on Saturday which does karaoke and thinking of doing the same again, but not too sure about how comfortable I'd feel in that environment amongst strangers dressed like that (got some great songs ready made though LOL)

I dressed up once for Halloween 4 years ago. I had a professional makeover and was dressed fully head to toe from the skin out in female attire. The party went well and I've not heard anything said since, maybe behind the back people have talked but no one has said anything to my face. In hindsight it did put the wife in a bit of a position as she knew I was going as a girl just not one that was that good looking, she thought I'd do a 1/2 ass job, not a professional thing so I was deflecting a lot of my actions by saying I shopped at a Salvation Army (didn't, borrowed the clothes from the makeup artist) and I did research on the net to find a makeove artist etc. (didn't, I'd been to him many times already). It was a party held at the brother in laws house and there I was in front of him, the other brother in law, a sister in law and a future sister in law and their friends. I've not heard anything since that day but I also kind of "manned up" a bit and not shaved the body, sport scruff on the face when not working and do dirty jobs to show that what I did was just a Halloween thing. I'd do it again if I could but with different company. Sadly I don't see the opportunity ever coming.

i think its fairly common i usually see one every halloween, everyone thinks its just funny and goes along with it. its funny its because of a halloween a couple of years ago is how i started dressing